The Penny Tree

tri trackers

Feb 8, 2008
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202
Got up early this a.m. to beat everyone down to a park where we have found some newer coins. Oh great!!?? the gates are still closed. So I decide to venture to another park 1 mile away. On my way I see a great big orange ball on the side of the road. Bowling Ball!! I throw it in the trunk. I make it to the second park and yeah! the gate is open. I do the tot lot first but not alot of anything except a rusted chain. I decide to do the basketball court and move to the side near the parking lot. It looks as if the parking lot drains right onto this basketball court. A tree with roots is right in the middle of the drain path. I hit the botttom of the drain path and right beside a tree root I come up with 2 quarters. I follow the path a little way and look up and see the concession stand. Jackpot?? No, trash!! I moved to a tree near the concession stand and get another quarter. Oh well, I am getting tired so I decide to head back to my car. I am by my first tree, but on the other side, I look on the ground and there in the drain path are pennies everywhere. I don't know why but at that time my detector goes haywire and starts squealing a constant tone (even pulled up off the ground). I turn it off and back on several times but it still is squealing. I did not give up!! I sat on the ground with my handheld pinpointer and started gathering pennies. After 20 minutes I turned my detector back on and it was working fine?? (gremlins?) I picked up some more pennies. I worked all the way around that tree!!!
I don't know if someone dumped the excess change there?? or maybe pennies are lighter than other coins and drained there?? One thing I do know is I will be sore in the morning!!
Sorry for being long winded. 161 pennies, 1-1940 wheat, 1 canadian cent, 3 quarters, 2 dimes, oh yeah a bowling ball!!
Cindy

Attachments

• 05.26.JPG
    05.26.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 939
Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
OH MY GOSH! You found a money tree! WTG I've heard tell of such trees but never saw one. How lucky you are ::)

All kidding aside.... you had a great day. Nice job.

fliptopking

Greenie
May 8, 2008
What kind of signal did the bowlingball put out? Be careful putting a bowlingball in the trunk.They can roll around and put a heck of a dent in the fender. Nice finds and looks like a great day.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I just gotta find me one of those trees.......Congrats on finding yours!

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like you had quite a day. Congrats

christ-first

Mar 20, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
it's really neat to find a huge number of coins in a small area. me and my two boys recently found a plastic zip-lock bag with 200 pennies in it buried in a huge sandbox. i posted that find to this site. congrats !!!

OP
OP
T

tri trackers

Feb 8, 2008
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202
Christ-first--I looked at your cache. I know that feeling now when you find one(even a small one). My teenage daughter was thrilled when I emptied my pouch "Mom this is the best you have ever done!!" I told her just wait I have a cannonball!! I pulled the bowlingball out of the trunk ;D
Thinking about it now there are probably alot of plastic baggie caches just waiting to be found. That's what we keep our quarters in for parking at the beach.

HH

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool day of finds, My trees never give up anything, there too selfish.

Nice job!

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarynArk said:
Great job Willied on the money tree...don't ya wish it had been a silver maple. :icon_jokercolor:
??? That wasn't me, that was tri trackers.

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Cache is a Cache is a Cache. Congrats. Totally unrelated or unimportant but I will share this story for anyone bored enough to read it. I am a Firefighter and one time as we were returning to the station from a call I saw a car pull out right in front of another one and BAM :o So we stopped to check for injuries and there were 3 cars stopped with damage ??? ??? The windshield had a huge hole in it in one of them and that was the only damage. Discovered that when the 1st car struck the 2nd car in the side toward the rear, it's trunk flew open and a bowling ball flew out like a cannonball and went through the windshield of the third car. Luckily it didn't strike the driver and there were no passengers. Driver just had to go and change his pants :wink:!!! You just never know what can happen. Thanks for reading my mindless ramblings. HH Steve

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to pick up my daughter at the airport. Was early so drove around until I found a park. there were several trees in planters used to seperate every four or five parking spaces. When I got out of the car I turned on my detector over one of the planters. It started shouting at me in clear tones. I got 35 pennies from that one planter. Never did get to the park its self. Had to fetch my daughter. HHHH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good time. :)

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go Cindy. It would have been nice if it were dimes or quarters, but we take what we can get! Congrats on the lucky find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread