The Peralta-Fish Map

point hunter

Feb 1, 2007
West Monroe, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI 2500
Thank you asdave35. Now that I can believe. I've spent years in the field, doing different things, and never seen squat besides some crazies. lol

So, with that said, I'm going to plan my trip according and continue my research online till then. I want to propose a theory and see what everyone thinks.
In Bob Brewer's book, Rebel Gold, he talked about a trip to Arizona and what he thought was out there relating to the KGC. I personally thought the man was crazy, but have found things in Louisiana that match exactly as he sees in Arkansas. I've seen pics out in Texas and other states, that are the same as here too. So, here's my thoughts. The KGC finds and remarks older caches, mines, caves, etc. They put out persher code for those "with the eyes to see" and put watchers in place.
Before everyone starts flaming me, Karl Von Mueller, said he believed the LDM did not exist. Was he right, I don' know.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no ufo's or ghosts up there ..just crazy miners and treasure hunters...the area draws idiots with big dreams of striking it rich..and when they realize it isn't as easy as they read it would be ..just go nuts....they get paranoid and think everyone is out to get them...you can guess what happens next

Howdy Dave,

I'm sure you stepped on a few toes there, but I agree. When those helicopter pilots see someone way off the main trails, they just try to make sure he is not lost. If the hiker doen't try to flag them down, they go on their way.

Homar

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Dave,

I'm sure you stepped on a few toes there, but I agree. When those helicopter pilots see someone way off the main trails, they just try to make sure he is not lost. If the hiker doen't try to flag them down, they go on their way.

Homar

True, and in most instances the Police and Sheriff's Dept. choppers are sent out to locate lost or overdue hikers as reported by friends or relatives. If the search goes well, it never makes headlines.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no ufo's or ghosts up there ..just crazy miners and treasure hunters...the area draws idiots with big dreams of striking it rich..and when they realize it isn't as easy as they read it would be ..just go nuts....they get paranoid and think everyone is out to get them...you can guess what happens next

Gotta remember though, that the name " Superstition " was given to the main mountain and later, the range/wilderness, long before any crazy miners or treasure hunters showed up. The reasons for that go wayyyy back.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do not believe in the supernatural or ufo stuff.. i am not worried some one is following me. there are just a lot of people that go in the sups period.. i ran into 2 guys way out wearing camo on a hot day.. they had rifles and packs.. i saw them before they saw me.. i called over to them so i did not get shot. they were simply hunters of the Couse deer. not trackers trying to steal from me.. lol.. the sups get a little smaller every year because there are more and more hikers. more hikers more accidents and helicopters... like homar said, the helicopters that check you out are just making sure your ok.. or a tourist that paid for the flight.. there are brochures advertising that all over.. as long as you are really capable and prepared you will be fine.. its the ones that do not really understand, that get hurt or lost or dead.. sometimes, it is not just a walk in the park..
i carry a satellite phone.. for the money at least i know i can get out.. just saying

Last edited:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
i do not believe in the supernatural or ufo stuff.. i am not worried some one is following me. there are just a lot of people that go in the sups period.. i ran into 2 guys way out wearing camo on a hot day.. they had rifles and packs.. i saw them before they saw me.. i called over to them so i did not get shot. they were simply hunters of the Couse deer. not trackers trying to steal from me.. lol.. the sups get a little smaller every year because there are more and more hikers. more hikers more accidents and helicopters... like homar said, the helicopters that check you out are just making sure your ok.. or a tourist that paid for the flight.. there are brochures advertising that all over.. as long as you are really capable and prepared you will be fine.. its the ones that do not really understand, that get hurt or lost or dead.. sometimes, it is not just a walk in the park..
i carry a satellite phone.. for the money at least i know i can get out.. just saying

A satellite phone, as long as it has juice ... :icon_thumright:
my guess of number one cause of trouble... accidents, and many because of exhaustion or dehydration or both.
Staying shaded from the sun. Just sun exposure can drain the energy and take a person rapidly to exhaustion or dehydration or both.

The old timers were made out of leather. They could go out there for months with just a supplied pack mule.
They knew how to conserve their resources. Physical energy being a valuable one. If an animal or human reaches physical exhaustion, they become easy prey to just about anything.

It is easy to misjudge the hostile environment.... or to misjudge the abilities of our aging bodies :tongue3:

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are really cool also. i bought my phone before i saw those.. i use my sat. to call my wife every night so she knows all is well. also i keep the phone turned off until its needed. it has lasted 10 days or so this way, plus anchor makes a small jumper pack, weighs minimal. i can recharge sat. phone via a usb cable. can do probably 30 days with this set up.. just saying.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if exists such document nowadays in regards to the Peralta-Fish map. I was referring to how they used to handle the quantities cached in mines/caves.
I was writing about treasure codes written in treasure maps, which seems many treasure hunters aren't aware of.
There could not exist a perfect quantity cached anywhere. So, if they happen to have one and half carga more, they would throw it away or would dig another hole to hide it?

Neither.....what it tells the person who has the map, is how many mules they would have to have, in order to bring all of the gold that remained stored in the cave (at the time the map was made or the notation was added) back to Mexico. If it had said 51 1/2 cargas.....then they could have brought 52 mules instead of 50.
Comprende mi amigo ?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither.....what it tells the person who has the map, is how many mules they would have to have, in order to bring all of the gold that remained stored in the cave (at the time the map was made or the notation was added) back to Mexico. If it had said 51 1/2 cargas.....then they could have brought 52 mules instead of 50.
Comprende mi amigo ?

Si senor! Actually that mine is the one from the Salazar survey. If there would been 50 cargas ore cached, then they wouldn't need to mine there for a season before covered it out. IMHO, Peraltas haven't any ore cached somewhere, nor processed gold.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Si senor! Actually that mine is the one from the Salazar survey. If there would been 50 cargas ore cached, then they wouldn't need to mine there for a season before covered it out. IMHO, Peraltas haven't any ore cached somewhere, nor processed gold.

I have a copy of Clay's Salazar Survey article in my files and have listened in a couple of times when he spoke about it at he Rendezvous. I really should review that, along with any notes I've saved, before I reply to your belief that it has a solid connection to the P/F map. IMO, I myself believe the caverna oro shown on the map is and was not a mine. That it is a naturally formed cave which, because of it's location between the four mines on the mesa, from where they transported by mule the ore to be processed, and the arrastra shown near the river, the Peraltas picked as a suitable place to cache both ore as well as refined product. I also believe, based on the accounts of Peralta descendants, that they had had a particularly good season of mining and processing the year of the massacre, and wound up with much more than they were able to load, had time to load, or otherwise carry away at that time.
IMO, that was the reason for the 50 cargas notation on the map.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a copy of Clay's Salazar Survey article in my files and have listened in a couple of times when he spoke about it at he Rendezvous. I really should review that, along with any notes I've saved, before I reply to your belief that it has a solid connection to the P/F map. IMO, I myself believe the caverna oro shown on the map is and was not a mine. That it is a naturally formed cave which, because of it's location between the four mines on the mesa, from where they transported by mule the ore to be processed, and the arrastra shown near the river, the Peraltas picked as a suitable place to cache both ore as well as refined product. I also believe, based on the accounts of Peralta descendants, that they had had a particularly good season of mining and processing the year of the massacre, and wound up with much more than they were able to load, had time to load, or otherwise carry away at that time.
IMO, that was the reason for the 50 cargas notation on the map.

Could be true if the Peraltas didn't have arrastras near as possible to every mine on the BTM and everywhere else. The arrastra depicted in the map if would been real, would been somewhere close the lower Boulder Canyon and not near Salt Lake like you believe. But this arrastra is depicted on the map only as a point of referrence for some measurements, because like you can see , the word " arrastra " has the same inclination like the other words written about the " caverna del oro ". This inclination, together with the three " X " written above the arrastra, help to understand what direction/orientation has the map.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread