The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

Blindbowman said:
first the question .. as ask of you ...

charting vs mapping .. is not the same as chart vs map .. it is ment as a action .. i can chart or do a charting . i can make a map . or map out something .. i can not map at sea . i can be charting at sea or on land ...thus my question is the person that made the stones useing navigation or is he a map maker ....?
a big diffrence between the two ...

So why is the room on a ship where the nautical charts stored called the Map Room? I am not sure I understand how you are separating charts from maps, the terms are so interchangeable to me that it is not an issue.

Blindbowman said:
the captain is Portuguese . right handed. age 55-65 ,about 6ft-6.2 ft weighing about 140-150 lbs ..in the years of 1640-1643 when the Jesuits change the stones and added to them ...

Do you have a way to substantiate these assertions? Do you completely dismiss the statement of Jane Tumlinson that her father made the stone maps? Seems we have been down this road before....

Blindbowman said:
yes two minds can be better then one but often they lack laedership between them ...and can be easyly divided and you know the rest ... :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Oops what happened there, you had posted a short post and it changed? If you don't leave your posts on the forum for a while before removing them, some of us will never get to see them, so can't answer them. Two minds can indeed be better than one, especially as it pertains to seeing things from different angles.

Blindbowman also wrote
i guess i have things to do as well latter

Later - hope you are not offended that I don't give T-net my complete un-divided attention, I never have. Most nights I am working on writing and-or researching while checking on T-net and LDGM forums, to try to keep up with the conversations and presume that many others do the same. Time is a problem as I can't just be online all the time or any time I wish, so have to try to get as much done as possible when I can. No insult intended to anyone, just making the best use of limited hours in a day. Don't you do the very same thing? Some people call it "multi-tasking" which may be accurate. This time problem is why I like the forums better than trying to talk in a chat room where you really have to be paying attention all the time, and that would mean that I get nothing else done. With a forum you can take your time to read and write a reply.
Oroblanco

:coffee2:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i am doing some dishes .. why would i ...lol

jane could say she lost spot but she was to young to know the difrence at the time ...

and yes there is a big diffrence between charts and maps ... ask a mapmaker to plot a ships DR and acount for set and drift ,,,....then throw a navigator on land and watch what he dose ..... totally diffrent state of mind navigators are never lost .. mapmakers spend most of their life wondering where they are and where they are going ... said but true ...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Blindbowman said:
i am doing some dishes .. why would i ...lol

jane could say she lost spot but she was to young to know the difrence at the time ...

and yes there is a big diffrence between charts and maps ... ask a mapmaker to plot a ships DR and acount for set and drift ,,,....then throw a navigator on land and watch what he dose ..... totally diffrent state of mind navigators are never lost .. mapmakers spend most of their life wondering where they are and where they are going ... said but true ...

Well I would call the Peralta stones maps, for they were intended to portray land not sea, as I understand you to mean charts pertain to the sea.

I would not be so quick to dismiss Jane Tumlinson's statement, considering that her father carved other stones with Spanish treasure themes. If the stone maps led you to treasure though I guess it would not matter who made them right?
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Blindbowman said:
you have a good point and if he had made the stones it would be a logical theory .. but how did waltz know what was on the stones ...?

How did Waltz know what was on the stones? As far as I know, Waltz never once mentioned any stone maps to anyone at all, so there is no indication that he even knew they existed - if they did at all in his time. Do you think Waltz used the stone maps to get to and from his mine?
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco said:
Blindbowman said:
you have a good point and if he had made the stones it would be a logical theory .. but how did waltz know what was on the stones ...?

How did Waltz know what was on the stones? As far as I know, Waltz never once mentioned any stone maps to anyone at all, so there is no indication that he even knew they existed - if they did at all in his time. Do you think Waltz used the stone maps to get to and from his mine?
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

i guess its bed time .....

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Good night, I have to sign off too.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb

EE THr said:
Another interesting factoid which appears in the test of the above 1973 article is, "Shaped like a huge valentine, the yellowish rock was hewn...from a slab of red chalcedony...."

While a caption under the drawings simply says---

1847 Heart Stone...Monarch.jpg

Yellowish?

In all the photos that I have seen, it either just looks brown, or tan and reddish.

(The pictures of the Heart Stone appearing in my posts above, are lightened a bit to show the symbols better.)

Here is one from Cactus Jumper. It's the most colorful one I've seen (the rest just look brown). If someone asked me what color it was, I don't think I would say "yellowish"---

Stone Map closeup  heart sm.jpg

Is there another Heart Stone somewhere?

Even having posted this one before, I still thought since someone finally brought such a fine photo of the heart, that some likeness may be realized with a side by side with what I firmly believe to be the template used to make the so called Peralta Heart Stone. The Peralta trail runs N. to The Great Salt Lake region and back. I believe that they were more kin to the desert mines and probably avoided the close quartered high mountain digs due to the Utes. Water, lush grass, herds of wild game and hundreds of miles of precious minerals of which their ancestors mined for over 250 years before the Mormons arrived.

Attachments

• HrtBck.jpg
    HrtBck.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,366

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Mr. Fork,

I don't believe the two hearts you posted are the same artifacts. They are different hearts.

Joe Ribaudo

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB, charts and maps are 100% interchangeable in meaning, aeronautical charts are also called maps. -->

THE important 'difference' , is that charts include a three dimensional reference factor.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
BB, charts and maps are 100% interchangeable in meaning, aeronautical charts are also called maps. -->

THE important 'difference' , is that charts include a three dimensional reference factor.

Don Jose de La Mancha

lol hahhahahaha

OK here is your chance to prove it to me .. you can draw a map right .. ok i blindfold you and take you out in the ocean where you can not see any land at all.. i take the blindfold off . and ask you to draw me a map of where you are ...

where are your map skills now ....the two are nothing alike ....

OP
OP
EE THr

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

BB---

A water surface map of the middle of an ocean, with no land, would be pretty easy. I could even include topographic data!

motell6

Nov 11, 2010

Someiker you have to keep a open mind,its really difficult to decipher the unknown,Oro,your comment about pyramids being a different shape may be true, but that does not negate the fact they could be represented as Ejeption form on the stones, Catusjump this could very well be childs play as the stones may have been made for tourist cash,and by the way Mr. Cactijumper could you please show the reverse side of the stones includeing the Heart stone,or are you hideing those clues ? Mr. Fork thanks for new photos. I also think the needle object below the pyramid could be a oblisk type monument that maybe laying below the salt river on its side.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

EE THr said:
BB---

A water surface map of the middle of an ocean, with no land, would be pretty easy. I could even include topographic data!

have you your self ever been at sea and did navigation frist hand ?

i mean take a blank layout sheet and make a up to date full charting of the area to scale ...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

allo BB, you posted -->ok i blindfold you and take you out in the ocean where you can not see any land at all.. i take the blindfold off . and ask you to draw me a map of where you are

Yer kidding???? This is why lat, Long, and chronometers were invented . Simple spherical trig. Even a paint chipper should be able to do it. he he h e
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You also posted -->have you your self ever been at sea and did navigation frist hand ?

Can I answer that ? I have ! I have ! I have ! teacher. Weaned on Bowditch and Jack Londons south seas adventures on the Snark. Plus relearned it in the USAF as a pilot.

Don Jose de La Mancha and his Quadrant.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

see those two pictures of the heart insert above .. lets look at some details .. the back of the heart in sert showing 6 circles . now look at the crack that goes up and down the stone heart insert . the crack was there before the circles were made .. now look at the front of the heart insert . look at the crack .. the some of the lines look as if the crack was there before the lines were made and some look like the crack was not there ...now think about what i just said .. what dose that tell you ....?

it tells me the circles were add after the fact the face on the heart insert was created ...now what dose that tell you ?

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

allo BB, you posted -->ok i blindfold you and take you out in the ocean where you can not see any land at all.. i take the blindfold off . and ask you to draw me a map of where you are

Yer kidding???? This is why lat, Long, and chronometers were invented . Simple spherical trig. Even a paint chipper should be able to do it. he he h e
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You also posted -->have you your self ever been at sea and did navigation frist hand ?

Can I answer that ? I have ! I have ! I have ! teacher. Weaned on Bowditch and Jack Londons south seas adventures on the Snark. Plus relearned it in the USAF as a pilot.

Don Jose de La Mancha and his Quadrant.

then why didnt you know what the numbers ment ..?

a blank peice of paper has no lon and lat ... .. your talking the easy way .. having someone baby feed the data to you ..

i want star lines .. i want a a 3 point fix on a blank peice of paper .. i want a full dr tracking with distence and range from the time you start to the nearest land mass .. i want to see the same system plot your corse in land ...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

K BB, send me, or oro, a good sextant, accurate chronometer adj. to zero Greenwich, a hack watch, present tables, and a full pot of coffee for Oro and I, and I will plot your lat., Long., for you. Incidentally, which celestial body do you wish me to use?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

K BB, send me, or oro, a good sextant, accurate chronometer adj. to zero Greenwich, a hack watch, present tables, and a full pot of coffee for Oro and I, and I will plot your lat., Long., for you. Incidentally, which celestial body do you wish me to use?

Don Jose de La Mancha

the moon , a blank peice of paper and a circle drawing -compass
and a set of dividers

i havent seen or herd of any treasure coming out of your site yet ..

:coffee2:

takes time to hide it away and move it where no one will find it ,,, .. lol

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the topic is the peralta stones

the circles are the sides or faces of the stones .. 3 stones 6 sides .. = 6 circles

now here is the million dollar question , why were the 6 circles added to the back of the heart insert if it was blank to start with ...?

there is only one logical answer ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread