The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters
Hmm, if that's correct then I see a problem here since the rock area that Rick showed us is where Kesselring supposedly used his device to pinpoint all the items that Rick said he had seen down below years ago. If that was the wrong area, well...... :dontknow:

cubfan....there is always a problem with treasure stories....there were alot of treasure hunters in that area and i bet each of them would tell a different story...my problem with the cave kesserling was saying is the conquistodor cave has too small of an opening ...you could not have put anything as large as a bench or desk in it...did you see the opening of the cave in question?

cubfan....there is always a problem with treasure stories....there were alot of treasure hunters in that area and i bet each of them would tell a different story...my problem with the cave kesserling was saying is the conquistodor cave has too small of an opening ...you could not have put anything as large as a bench or desk in it...did you see the opening of the cave in question?

That was one of the other problems Dave. I saw where the tunnel entrance was "supposed" to be. It only went in about a foot or so before it appeared to be solid rock and the width is about what Frank said (a foot or maybe 1.5), the height was enough to have crawled through. The issue I had was with the story being that the entrance tunnel was subsequently filled from a rainstorm "wash/flood" - it looked to me like the little bit of depth that existed ended in sold rock, not rock/gravel debris that could be dug out with enough effort. I suppose it's possible that the wash loosened some good sized boulders that lodged inside the opening, but again it just looked like someone had used a chisel or pick to dig into solid rock for about a foot before stopping - it just didn't look right.

I'm sure someone would also argue that the table was actually built in place inside the cave and not hauled into it. Like you said, too many stories to know what to believe.

That was one of the other problems Dave. I saw where the tunnel entrance was "supposed" to be. It only went in about a foot or so before it appeared to be solid rock and the width is about what Frank said (a foot or maybe 1.5), the height was enough to have crawled through. The issue I had was with the story being that the entrance tunnel was subsequently filled from a rainstorm "wash/flood" - it looked to me like the little bit of depth that existed ended in sold rock, not rock/gravel debris that could be dug out with enough effort. I suppose it's possible that the wash loosened some good sized boulders that lodged inside the opening, but again it just looked like someone had used a chisel or pick to dig into solid rock for about a foot before stopping - it just didn't look right.

I'm sure someone would also argue that the table was actually built in place inside the cave and not hauled into it. Like you said, too many stories to know what to believe.

the cave that you saw..was it in a wash? at the bottom of a canyon?...canyon maybe about 15 foot deep?

the cave that you saw..was it in a wash? at the bottom of a canyon?...canyon maybe about 15 foot deep?

Frank can hopefully chime in here as well, but as I recall the supposed "entrance" spot was down 10-15 feet in a real brushy section of what I would call a wash. Nothing around us was what I would call a canyon. Up above where you could walk around (supposedly above the void below inside) was solid pock marked rock - not a lot of rock hopping to move around.

Just a reminder that there was nothing at all to indicate that there was ever really a cave or tunnel entrance other than the foot or so that looked to have been hammered out of rock with a pick or chisel to a depth of about a foot or two. I'll see if I can find the youtube video that Wayne Tuttle posted and link it here.

Two skeletons seated at a table piled high with gold ???
Never mind that skeletal remains would have fallen to pieces on the floor of said cave after a few years at most, it sounds more like a Halloween display or a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean.
Kesselring made a similar claim.....confirmed by experts at OKM.... that his solution to the stone maps had the skeleton of a Priest seated at a table in an underground room 'bout 20' down.
I was gonna ask him if the Priest was wearing a pointed sombrero, but he was already upset from me telling him that I had shown a couple of techies from a company which was using GPR equipment to locate old buried water mains and hydro conduits where I work a copy of OKM's literature.

Exactly Somehiker

Bones seated at a table, After what 140 years. Impossible Super Glue was not invented yet.

Wrmickel1

Frank can hopefully chime in here as well, but as I recall the supposed "entrance" spot was down 10-15 feet in a real brushy section of what I would call a wash. Nothing around us was what I would call a canyon. Up above where you could walk around (supposedly above the void below inside) was solid pock marked rock - not a lot of rock hopping to move around.

Just a reminder that there was nothing at all to indicate that there was ever really a cave or tunnel entrance other than the foot or so that looked to have been hammered out of rock with a pick or chisel to a depth of about a foot or two. I'll see if I can find the youtube video that Wayne Tuttle posted and link it here.
thats about the way i remember it...about 15 ft down...definitely not the conquistadors cave i was told about...i was told that either bob or his wife had sealed the cave entrance

The entrance was as described by Paul. Rick pointed it out. Wayne has his video links on the Legend of the Superstition Mountain FB page. Ask Rick to tell the story at Don Camp. I don't want to post it.

The entrance was as described by Paul. Rick pointed it out. Wayne has his video links on the Legend of the Superstition Mountain FB page. Ask Rick to tell the story at Don Camp. I don't want to post it.

Can't find the right video on youtube or the LOSM fb page - he may have removed that one or I just can't find it. Either way I agree with you - it's best to ask Rick for his story directly at the Rendezvous. I only remember some of the general story and not the specifics - it's his story to tell and I probably already said more than I should have.

bob ward had alot of stories...some true..some not so true....he was a colorful character..thats for sure

Howdy Dave,

I agree that a lot of wild tales have come from Bob Ward. We must have been posting at the same time, I was responding to Somehiker's post while trying to hold my aching ribs. Now we have a magic cane that can tell the difference between a Priest's skeleton from others? At 20 feet below rock at that, and OKM experts confirming such nonsense? Maybe they can point it at the Priest stone to tell us if it really is a Priest, or a witch?

Sorry Arthur, I overlooked your question.

Trail stones, specifically. (IMO)

What specifically did he copy those trail maps from? Something that was on paper? Another set of stones?

Arthur, such a discussion will be better served, in depth, at a later time. I have shared my thoughts that at least some of the stones are recreations. That's not a new revelation and its not an isolated thought. Many folks from years ago have said the same thing before. Do you share that thought or think otherwise?

Howdy Dave,

I agree that a lot of wild tales have come from Bob Ward. We must have been posting at the same time, I was responding to Somehiker's post while trying to hold my aching ribs. Now we have a magic cane that can tell the difference between a Priest's skeleton from others? At 20 feet below rock at that, and OKM experts confirming such nonsense? Maybe they can point it at the Priest stone to tell us if it really is a Priest, or a witch?

bob did find one treasure that i know of...he dug it up right off peralta road....some of his other stories are hard to swallow though

Howdy Dave,

Kellyco does not have a good track record with me as the LRLs that they sold/marketed over the years. Check out Carl's web page. Geotech - Technology for Treasure Hunting
Now instead of selling LRL's they are selling something that is supposed to be like ground penetrating radar? AKA the Walking Stick/Cane? powered by 2 AA batteries? 30 feet depth? IMO I don't think so. I could be wrong as I have not a EE degree, but 44 years of computer repair and electronics back ground. Worked with many EE's during my life and was accepted by them as competent in electronics, but not programing. I could read code but not able to write it for a project.

Kellyco does not have a good track record with me as the LRLs that they sold/marketed over the years. Check out Carl's web page. Geotech - Technology for Treasure Hunting
Now instead of selling LRL's they are selling something that is supposed to be like ground penetrating radar? AKA the Walking Stick/Cane? powered by 2 AA batteries? 30 feet depth? IMO I don't think so. I could be wrong as I have not a EE degree, but 44 years of computer repair and electronics back ground. Worked with many EE's during my life and was accepted by them as competent in electronics, but not programing. I could read code but not able to write it for a project.

Managing dynamic range is the key to depth.

That, and matching frequency to target size. You lose 20 dB for every factor of 1/2 the thing is smaller than about 0.1 lambda (wavelength).

Lots of transmit power is not required.

However, the #1 biggest factor is the soil or rock, especially for the higher frequency units that can give you sharp "pictures" or interface to smaller stuff. Dry sand? 20-40', sure. Highly mineralized soil with a lot of stratification? Leave your toy in the truck.

LRLs? Not science. Not saying they don't work (mostly to avoid a fight and leave the door open to "woo"), but yeah...

Arthur, such a discussion will be better served, in depth, at a later time. I have shared my thoughts that at least some of the stones are recreations. That's not a new revelation and its not an isolated thought. Many folks from years ago have said the same thing before. Do you share that thought or think otherwise?

If the trail stones are recreations, then why bother with the pockmarks on the back of the LTS? Seems to me to be too laborious an endeavor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back