OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH! And 72,

Some people think that the Horse itself is part of the map, because of the different shapes, and markings on it. Look closely: The tail looks kind of like a flowing river doesn't it? The markings on the head and neck look kind of like mountains don't they? Maybe the misspelled Spanish words were part of a code. After all, who would take the time to do all that work carving the stones, and misspell many of the words (Unless it was on purpose).

Makes sense to me!

Best,

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=gollum
After all, who would take the time to do all that work carving the stones, and misspell many of the words purpose).
Mike
YOU would just out of onryness! And just because you are you.

Tropical Tramp

Seventytwo

Apr 4, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Many
Seventytwo said:
gollum said:
See Randy,

I think your problem is that you need to look at the stone from an early 1960s picture! Are the ones in the AM&M Museum copies? Maybe!

Here is a picture of the Horse Stone while in the custody of MOEL Inc:

marlowemapto4.jpg

If you look carefully at the haunch, you will notice what looks like the name "PEDRO"

Best,

Mike

Is their a number 2 on the horse's forhead.
Or is it just me SEEING THINGS.
Seventytwo
[/quote
If you use the cross as a t on the left side of the stone. would it read downward as tED? or TED
Then, is that an eight in the middle of the word CA8ALLA?
Just woundering?
Seventytwo

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BB,

It's not a big deal. I have heard nothing back since. I PM'ed and emailed the guy that made the threat. He never returned anything.

That whole deal got me more friends and private information than could imagine. Some of it was from unkown people that have yet to be verified, but much was from people I know you have heard their names. Some of them have different opinions as to their origin, but most believe them to be real. Most also believe that the stones in the Arizona Mining and Minerals Museum are probably reproductions (even the supposed real ones).

I just got an email with a GREAT lead from the U of Az. Rogers College of Law I have to follow up on tomorrow.

This is a reason I NEVER back down from anybody. You wind up getting more respect in the longrun!

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but those stay in the Archivio Segretto Michaelo! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (Mike's Secret Archives)

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have all the water, I like honey(s)! I may die thirsty, but happy!

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Beard said:
Gollum,

How did your new lead go at the College of law?

Have you got any more evidence to prove the Stone Maps to be real?

BB

COME ON! ;D ;D ;D

You didn't think it was going to be THAT easy, did you? A nice lady there told me that they didn't have the files on the MOEL Case. While it doesn't do anything for proof of authenticity, it DOES tell me that the case was brought against MOEL by the SEC and the US Attorney's Office in Phoenix! Getting closer! I tells me that the state of Arizona had nothing to do with the case, and bolsters the version of Corbin's story about "him being at" the US Attorney's Office in Phoenix (visiting), when the FBI guys were there.

As the leads started coming in, the story is starting to take shape. I don't know just how long it will take, but I'll get there sooner or later.

Best,

Mike

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I have a copy of 'Frontier Times,May,1973,that has an interesting story of the Peralta Stones.Maybe you can find a copy somewhere.They say it has been determined that the 'horse' is a donkey.
My copy is starting to yellow,but when my son is home again,1 - 2wks from now,I'll see if he can make a copy to fax to whoever might want it or scan it for posting or however that computer stuff works.Let me know.
The story starts on pg4 thru 13 and then continues on pg 47 thru 49 then continues on pg 52 and ends on pg57.
The title of the sory is:"Are The Peralta Stone Maps A Hoax?"

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Like I said,when my son gets here.By the way,in the story it says all the stones are 'sandstone' except for one which is 'quartz'.Does that have any significants?This is my first reading of any of the threads dealing with this subject and I'm not going back and read all of them .I only connected that article and this thread today so thought I would post an offer.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BlackBeard,

Actually, that's not correct. Cortez did indeed torture the Aztecs for weeks after conquering them, but nobody gave up the secrets. There are several reports from Cortez to Spain that are available in Madrid (or Seville), that go into gory detail about the types of tortures and such. None of those reports say anything about getting information (and they would have).

What we know is that in 1519, when Cortez first visited the Aztecs as a tourist, there was gold everywhere. When he came back in 1521 as a Conquistador, much of the gold had disappeared. The Aztecs could not have taken it to the South or the West because of hostile tribes. They could not have taken it East, because that's where the Spanish were. The only way left was North. And the Aztecs were known to be friendly with the Northern Indians. Do I believe that the Aztecs carried tons of gold on foot, all the way to NorthEastern Utah? NOPE!

The Aztecs didn't have Horses, and they didn't have the wheel. They left Tenochtitlan in 1521, the ones that left, never returned. That's why none of the tortured Aztecs could give any info to Cortez; all they knew was that the gold left town.

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Beard said:
Randy, Gollum,

The Stone Maps in the Mineral Museum are the originals. At least the Priest and Horse maps I'm not so sure about the Trail Maps but the heart insert looks real. The early stone maps you see on the bumper are reproductions and the originals were the ones that Bob Corbin took or was given to settle a dispute on the ownership.

There's only a small difference between the fakes and the reproductions. The small heart on the right side of the Priest Map in the Mining and Mineral Museum covered by a lightly etched square is the verification of it's authenticity. If you look closely and magnify the area you will see the micro etched symbols of a small micro map.
I've seen the same thing on Pictogliphs made by the Jesuits.

Gollum, thanks for setting me straight on the Cortez History. You must be some sort of History Buff if you can remember every detail of that stuff.

I only concentrate on generalized reports in Spanish history (DRSW) because as we all know the Aztec people were brutalized and trivialized by the Spanish with their culture, writing and way of life destroyed. So in other words they lied about everything pertaining to the Aztecs to pump up their own egos and status in eyes of the King. Cortez wanted to be named the new Governor or King or something of Mexico. He never was and died in
obscurity. At least that's the way I remember reading it I may be wrong correct me if I am Gollum.

BB

Thanks BB,

Somebody else PMed me the same thing. I'll tell you like I told him: NOPE! I just know an awful lot about the history of the American SouthWest, and anything that can help me better understand the folks that left valuable things behind, that I am trying to recover! While I love to rat around out in the wilderness, I also am forced to spend a ton of time online, in libraries all over SoCal, and talking to old timers in many local historical societies. I get information you wouldn't believe!

The way it works is, when I start researching a particular story, I first take a ride there. I wander around for a few days, looking to see if anything jumps out at me. I take a lot of pictures, and make a lot of notes. If anything turns up in the pictures, I go back to the spot and look closer, and take more pictures. I also try to get a feel for the place. If I can't figure it out there and then, I hit the local libraries and historical societies. I go online, and search for anything and everything having to do with the history of a place.

Since (most) everything here in the SouthWest that involves treasure, usually involves the Spanish and/or the Jesuits, I make it a point to know as much about their history, markers, signs, etc. as I can.

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, NOPE! was to me being a history buff. Only a history buff about the American SouthWest!

Best,

Mike

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Now look what all this talk has done to me!! :-*

Attachments

• DSC_0436 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0436 (Small).JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 3,725

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
;)

Attachments

• DSC_0313 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0313 (Small).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3,728

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
:D

Attachments

• DSC_0329 (Small).jpg
    DSC_0329 (Small).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,680
OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have told me you were going in! I would have asked you get a pic of the heart in Little Boulder Canyon!

Best,

Mike

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
I'll be back out there Sat or Sun , see what I can rustle up for you!
Best Always
MesaB

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's supposed to be on the South Facing side of the Canyon. I was told that there is also a triangle of trees.

Best,

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions