The Quest for a George Washington Inaugural.....................

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
will passionately continue. :laughing9:

KKC got out to a new site on Saturday. We located an iron patch in the corner of the horse pasture that indicated to us that it was of Colonial origin. We got a handful of Colonial buttons, but a coin was not going to show up. We are thinking that we located an outbuilding to the 1700s home that is higher up in the field (a road cuts through the pasture). The farmer gave us permission to hunt it after the harvest. :icon_thumleft: I have a feeling that we did not locate the yard of the house, so we will search for it later in the year. From the artifacts dug at the site, it definitely has occupation dating back to the 1700s. :headbang:

My take for the day was this 1790s Dandy button. :hello2: It was dug at a depth of 7". When I flipped it out, I gasped, thinking, could this be a GW Inaugural? :dontknow: One of these days. One of these Colonial days. :laughing7: It is still another welcome addition to my collection.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk :hello:

Attachments

• DSCF3195.JPG
    DSCF3195.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,403
  • DSCF3193.JPG
    DSCF3193.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,400
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a very nice Dandy. :thumbsup: You'll get that GW eventually--and it will be one of the Long Live the President types, not those Bird ones. :headbang:

OP
OP
Kirk PA

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Still a very nice Dandy. :thumbsup: You'll get that GW eventually--and it will be one of the Long Live the President types, not those Bird ones. :headbang:

Thanks, Buck, you will be digging Dandy buttons in Louisiana. :headbang: One of us will get the GW. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Kirk

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
ah, dandy buttons warm the cockles of my heart.
good luck in your ongoing quest for the GW, and hope you find four if you find one.

dwayne

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a good find :icon_thumright: that GW is down there somewhere :laughing9: Good hunt Dd60

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like your wish list ..U just never know ,it may turn up "seek and ye shall find" ..mine is the pine tree shilling ::)

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I have the GW but cant seem to dig a KG :dontknow: You will dig your button on the same day as my copper ;D

VERY soon I hope!!

VPR

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
Kirk , i have no doubt that one of your clan will be finding one real soon as the places you are hitting show some real promise , our group has been lucky to find 5 GW's in the last 6 years . keep at it and it will happen my friend .

Great dandy button by the way .

Dan

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
hey bud ! i kow the feeling with the last button i got. willy

Attachments

• scan0040.jpg
    scan0040.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,089
  • scan0040.jpg
    scan0040.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,086

boondocker

Aug 22, 2009
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
Nice Dandy button, I hope you find your Grail it sounds like your on the right path keep up the good work. I'm still looking for one also but the illusive Pine Tree, Oak Tree or Willow Tree coins are at the top of my list here in NE. :laughing7: I keep saying to myself everytime I go out hunting in the words of Mel Fisher "Today's the day" one day it will happen :icon_sunny: Dean

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Sweet Button Kirk...I love finding those large buttons..I always hope for a GW ...But none yet :icon_thumleft:

If you flip that quarter over and solder it to that button..You will have a GW button :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's what I would be thinking every time I seen a big ole button in the hole!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
I have 2 of those "Bird" ones, (I think they call 'em Eagles),.....and was darn glad to get what the good Lord gave to me. Eventually.....eventually..... HH Hogge

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll dig a G.W.I.B. someday Kirk. Heck ya dug the G.W. ship didn't ya ? And if I can find a G.W. you can find one too. Just it'll happen when ya least expect it and after you've dug several trillion standard issue colonial buttons.

Keep the colonial passion HI^GH

D. 8)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Derek752 said:
it'll happen when ya least expect it and after you've dug several trillion standard issue colonial buttons.

D. 8)

That is for sure! There's never a build up or any kind of hint it's gonna happen, it just does. Any good button in general is that way because I think everyone gets used to digging the plain ones. (I've got too used to them the last few years) One of these days someone is going to post one of the killer rare ones instead of the few patterns we tend to see over and over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread