Ga. dirt fisher
Greenie
- Joined
- Jan 6, 2012
- Messages
- 13
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Saint Simons Island, Ga.
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
This post is a thanks to all you MDer's on this forum. I have spent over 40 years working and raising a family, and very little else. I never seemed to have any time, or at least would never take the time to do anything for myself. So as a result I've had a very sour outlook on life. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and would do anything for them. But as I get older and realize that I may not be around for too many years, I decided to do something for myself that would be fun and fulfilling. So I have talked a friend that I work with into joining me in the hobby of metal detecting.
I have spent hours reading a lot of the posts on this forum and all of you have really inspired me with your stories of your finds. I am learning a lot from you about how what to do and what not to do. But most of all I want to thank all of you for giving me the real treasure....a new lease on life and a reason to want to wake up in the morning!
I have spent hours reading a lot of the posts on this forum and all of you have really inspired me with your stories of your finds. I am learning a lot from you about how what to do and what not to do. But most of all I want to thank all of you for giving me the real treasure....a new lease on life and a reason to want to wake up in the morning!


Detecting will improve your life, and give you hours of fun, nothing can beat the out door life. Look forward to your first finds
Its not for me........
That piece of mind I get from detecting by myself or with friend cannot and will never be replaced! I luv this hobby and I will be doing it as long as I live!!! You found the right hobby my friend......History ( The days of Old ) are in all of us. Enjoy it while you have the chance and I'm sure your family will enjoy the rewards for your efforts........







