What's new

The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

I had a golden opportunity present itself to me this week, which I was finally able to take advantage of after work today.
Right outside the entrance where I work, they are cutting out a section of woods to build a new road & bridge to replace the existing section. This is part of the wooded area between two of my normal MDing spots where I find CW relics.
After securing permission, I patiently waited until 5:00pm when all work stopped. A few of the guys were still there when I began MDing.
I wasn't detecting more that two minutes and dug my first CW bullet while one of the guys watched. He couldn't believe his eyes. :o
He asked to see it to go show his buddy. By the time they both returned I had dug my second one. :thumbsup: By this time, one of the guys says "I got to get me one of those detectors". ;D After about 5 minutes of BS, they took off and I was by myself.
Within 90 minutes I had all the finds you see, including my first knapsack hook!!! That find really made my day. I found two bullets and the knapsack hook within a 3 ft radius. As I was about to call it quits and head back to my truck, I looks down and by one of the dozers I spotted this arrowhead!!! Another first for me. :thumbsup:
As you can imagine, I had a great day. They are not even half done yet with the clearing they need to do, so you can bet I'll be out there as much as possible.
Here's my finds:

*Asst'd CW bullets - I would greatly appreciate any ID's you bullet guru's can help me with.

*Knapsack hook. :thumbsup:

*Arrowhead - Any info on this arrowhead?
*Atlas lock (RFD on the other side)

*Two odd looking lead pieces. Bullets???

*Pottery shard.

Thanks for looking Folks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-091S.webp
    MVC-091S.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 830
  • MVC-092S.webp
    MVC-092S.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 799
  • MVC-094S.webp
    MVC-094S.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 799
  • MVC-095S.webp
    MVC-095S.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 807
  • MVC-096S.webp
    MVC-096S.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 802
  • MVC-097S.webp
    MVC-097S.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 813
  • MVC-099S.webp
    MVC-099S.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 804
  • MVC-100S.webp
    MVC-100S.webp
    32 KB · Views: 794
  • MVC-102S.webp
    MVC-102S.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 795
  • MVC-103S.webp
    MVC-103S.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 796
  • MVC-104S.webp
    MVC-104S.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 800
  • MVC-106S.webp
    MVC-106S.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 806
Upvote 8
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Doug, those are GREAT finds! And the arrowhead was an awesome eyeball find..you had a great day, keep it up!

Nat
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Natman said:
Doug, those are GREAT finds! And the arrowhead was an awesome eyeball find..you had a great day, keep it up!

Nat

Thanks Buddy.
I'm hoping more will turn up as they continue their work. I would love to score an old coin. :thumbsup:
-Doug-
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

the bullet with the slot in it i belive is a round of one of the first cloth cartridge rounds
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Awesome finds MM...GREAT Arrowhead...Still haven't found one... :'(
Congrats and HH
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Congrats on your finds, The bullet you asked about is and Enfield with the box wood plug still in it, don't try to take it out as I did on my first one 35 years ago................Lee
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Totally cool finds! Way to go
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Nice finds!!
Lee43 is correct on the Enfields. The bullet with a slot is a Williams cleaner.
Dale
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

AWESOME finds M.M. :notworthy: Congrats on the Knapsack hook and the Flint point ... You should post it in the "American Indian Relics" forum ... they're a great bunch of knowledgeable people !

WTG ! !

Derek
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Wow...a fantastic day for you, MM!! Great job!! :icon_sunny:
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Great Stuff.... you should have called me. I could have been there in 10 minutes.

Great arrowhead. Got any ideas about the arrowhead (tribe/era)?
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Great finds and way to go jumping on the opportunity. I found one of those ACME paddlocks recently but I couldn't tell you anything about how old it is. Good luck finding more!
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Excellet MM you did it agien. Found the right spot, and hit it hard to get the good stuff. I am impressed.
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

AWESOME post MM. Sweet arrowhead :thumbsup:
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Yippy-ki-a
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Wow! Looks like a dream hunt!! I'd be sure to hunt those dirt piles as well...Good luck, can't wait to see what you find next!
HH
Baggins
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Awesome finds MM! HH, Mike
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Lee43 said:
Congrats on your finds, The bullet you asked about is and Enfield with the box wood plug still in it, don't try to take it out as I did on my first one 35 years ago................Lee

Lee,
Thanks for the ID and tip. I'l leave the plug in the Enfield for sure. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Ia.FurTrade said:
Nice finds!!
Lee43 is correct on the Enfields. The bullet with a slot is a Williams cleaner.
Dale

Dale thanks for the info.
-MM-

Derek752 said:
AWESOME finds M.M. :notworthy: Congrats on the Knapsack hook and the Flint point ... You should post it in the "American Indian Relics" forum ... they're a great bunch of knowledgeable people !

WTG ! !

Derek

Great idea Derek. I'll post the arrowhead the too. Thanks.
-MM-

rwsnc said:
Great Stuff.... you should have called me. I could have been there in 10 minutes.

Great arrowhead. Got any ideas about the arrowhead (tribe/era)?

Bob,
Call me today if you want the location. The guys aren't working there today they told me. I can't hit it today, but you are welcome to try.
No idea on the arrowhead. I'll do what Derek suggested.
-Doug-

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT REPLIES. MUCH APPRECIATED.
I'm looking forward to trying it again next week. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

Lee43 said:
Congrats on your finds, The bullet you asked about is and Enfield with the box wood plug still in it, don't try to take it out as I did on my first one 35 years ago................Lee
Hit the nail on the head Doug.....out of all the Enfield's I've ever found not one has had the plug in it,Great Job!!! Love the J hook and arrowhead too.....Hope you can still hit the side's of the road after they get it laid down,look's like a sweet spot.Congrat's :thumbsup:
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st for me too!!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead

im no expert but that arrowhead looks older than indian....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom