What's new

The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

I had a golden opportunity present itself to me this week, which I was finally able to take advantage of after work today.
Right outside the entrance where I work, they are cutting out a section of woods to build a new road & bridge to replace the existing section. This is part of the wooded area between two of my normal MDing spots where I find CW relics.
After securing permission, I patiently waited until 5:00pm when all work stopped. A few of the guys were still there when I began MDing.
I wasn't detecting more that two minutes and dug my first CW bullet while one of the guys watched. He couldn't believe his eyes. :o
He asked to see it to go show his buddy. By the time they both returned I had dug my second one. :thumbsup: By this time, one of the guys says "I got to get me one of those detectors". ;D After about 5 minutes of BS, they took off and I was by myself.
Within 90 minutes I had all the finds you see, including my first knapsack hook!!! That find really made my day. I found two bullets and the knapsack hook within a 3 ft radius. As I was about to call it quits and head back to my truck, I looks down and by one of the dozers I spotted this arrowhead!!! Another first for me. :thumbsup:
As you can imagine, I had a great day. They are not even half done yet with the clearing they need to do, so you can bet I'll be out there as much as possible.
Here's my finds:

*Asst'd CW bullets - I would greatly appreciate any ID's you bullet guru's can help me with.

*Knapsack hook. :thumbsup:

*Arrowhead - Any info on this arrowhead?
*Atlas lock (RFD on the other side)

*Two odd looking lead pieces. Bullets???

*Pottery shard.

Thanks for looking Folks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-091S.webp
    MVC-091S.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 830
  • MVC-092S.webp
    MVC-092S.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 799
  • MVC-094S.webp
    MVC-094S.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 799
  • MVC-095S.webp
    MVC-095S.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 807
  • MVC-096S.webp
    MVC-096S.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 802
  • MVC-097S.webp
    MVC-097S.webp
    23.8 KB · Views: 813
  • MVC-099S.webp
    MVC-099S.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 804
  • MVC-100S.webp
    MVC-100S.webp
    32 KB · Views: 794
  • MVC-102S.webp
    MVC-102S.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 795
  • MVC-103S.webp
    MVC-103S.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 796
  • MVC-104S.webp
    MVC-104S.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 800
  • MVC-106S.webp
    MVC-106S.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 806
Upvote 8
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

:hello2: Awesome finds! :hello2:
And I really enjoy the fact that you were able to get out there & explore the area before it became covered in tar & the items lost lost!

If you do not mind, how were you able to gain permission? I have inquired a few places that are being tore apart for roads, even suggested I sign a waiver releasing them of any possible injury I may endure while on the property & have been respectfully declined. Just curious to how you obtained permission?

Bogart :D

~ May you ALWAYS be Blessed & may you ALWAYS Bless others ~
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

bogeymcq said:
:hello2: Awesome finds! :hello2:
And I really enjoy the fact that you were able to get out there & explore the area before it became covered in tar & the items lost lost!

If you do not mind, how were you able to gain permission? I have inquired a few places that are being tore apart for roads, even suggested I sign a waiver releasing them of any possible injury I may endure while on the property & have been respectfully declined. Just curious to how you obtained permission?

Bogart :D

~ May you ALWAYS be Blessed & may you ALWAYS Bless others ~

This property is owned by the brother of another property I detect. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

Oh YEAH. Nice work, MM!

Now get out there and pound that area hard before Bob the Builder gets his new machine and his buddies together and detects it himself.


Congrats on your knapsack hook! It's a nice one. :) I've dug good ones, buttons off of them, and J-hook parts by themselves--glad your first was complete.


-Buckles
 
Re: The Road to Recoveries - TWO 1st !!! Knapsack hook & Arrowhead**UPDATES**

BuckleBoy said:
Oh YEAH. Nice work, MM!

Now get out there and pound that area hard before Bob the Builder gets his new machine and his buddies together and detects it himself.

Congrats on your knapsack hook! It's a nice one. :) I've dug good ones, buttons off of them, and J-hook parts by themselves--glad your first was complete.
-Buckles

Thanks BB.
Funny you said that. As I was typing a response to you, Bill (B|ker) my hunting buddy called me to tell me he found another arrowhead as soon as he got out there today. The same Bill that found the LC before me on our last hunt at another spot. :'(
I couldn't get out today, because I'm stuck getting ready for a darn garage sale. :(
I hope he saves some stuff for me. :wink:
-Doug-
 
An Oldie , But Goodie.
 
I know nothing of the bullets but I love the arrowhead. Sweet find and looks like you have a wonderful spot.
 
Congrats on an epic hunt! WOW.
 
EIGHT year old Classic Flashback thread from "Mr. MM "
the "joker , aka
Dug ".
He is been absent from here for quite awhile ... hope Dug man is alright and will soon return to annoy members again ..... :dontknow:
:tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom