The Secret a Treasure Hunt

Bigbuds420

Dec 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m on the west coast looking for the one in Boston. They don’t post very many pic over there sucks for me because I think I’m on to something but I can’t make it out so if someone was there to take pictures or a video that would let me know if I know where it is . I’m going to dig up the one in San Francisco on the 27 of December 2018 I was able to walk the park with satellite and now I have a 96% chance I found it . It’s eating me up I want to go right now but can’t my wife wanted to go so I have to wait for here days off coming up here soon so if I do find it all will know . So if that happens I really need someone to go to Boston and get me some photos or video.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m on to something and need pictures and or video . I can’t get a clear picture on satellite so I need help
Can you get a clear look from google street view vs. aerial?
Jon

Bigbuds420

Dec 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No that’s the problem there is one picture to view from . In San Francisco I was able to walk and look anywere I wanted . So when I look 2d or 3D still distorted and trees are in the way . If someone and get me some pic of that one spot I will be able to see if I’m right

JPL76

Dec 30, 2018
Boston area
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Big buds, I am in the Boston area and just joined this forum. I will be heading into Boston sometime in the near future, so could help you possibly with pics. My main reason for joining this board is I just uncovered almost all lines in the Boston verse and it led me to an exact area nobody has posted about or provided a hypothesis it is there but I am supremely confident of (sound familiar). The clues match perfect but I need to be onsite to finalize a couple lines and an exact spot in a very small dig area. Also, I have basically no shot of digging without being seen (which is the issue of course). Any suggestions as to seeking approval and a friendly ear who could help lend weight in obtaining approval to probe/dig in?

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT!? A treasure hunt with no danger of death? No danger of breaking your leg and lying out there, imobilized, fighting off wild, hungry animals? No danger of being sniped off by crazy old claimants? No danger of your chopper going down in the peaks? No danger of finding a dead deer in your only water source for 30 miles? Where is the fun in that? Besides, the city is much more dangerous than the Wilderness.

Lreyy0064

Mar 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in St. Louis. A friend and I have just started looking into it. I'm grateful for any help!

avelasco

Mar 15, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First lets talk about what was confirmed by Priess before he died
1) A casque was buried in Canada
2) A casque was buried in St. Louis
3) A casque was buried in New York but not in Central Park
4) No casque in Philadelphia (he said he did not remember burying one there)
5) A casque is buried in Houston at the Children's Zoo in Herman Park.

Below is a list of the cities I think the images represent. Most of this matches the Wiki but there are some differences. I will explain those differences bellow.
Image 1: San Francesco The latitude and longitude lock it in
Image 2: Charleston A map of the city is hidden in the image.
Image 3: Roanoke Island a map of the island is hidden in the image
Image 4: Went to Cleveland and was found in 2004
Image 5: Went to Chicago and was found in 1983
Image 6: St. Augustine Florida the Ponce De Leon statute
Image 7: New Orleans the latitude and longitude match and the "horsehead" is Louisiana upside down
Image 8: Houston the latitude and longitude match
Image 9: St. Louis Missouri ignore the "legeater" the arch is hidden in the image as is the old courthouse. The latitude and longitude are close to STL as well
Image 10: Milwaukee the rebus puzzle locks it
Image 11: Windsor Ontario the 42nd line of latitude goes right through Windsor. Also I believe the tip of a blade on the Canadian Maple leaf is hidden in the flowers in K&L 8. Ottawa and Toronto could also be the Canadian location but they do not fit as well as Windsor.
Image 12: New York the image is full of NYC landmarks.

For more information on all of this check out the Wiki. In the near future I will post about the verses and how I think they fit with the images and possible locations to dig.

If anyone is familiar with ground penetrating radar post here. If it is practical it could be helpful in finding some of these.

When were these confirmed by Preiss? I mainly ask because this means that if there is a St. Louis AND a Canada one, then one of the other still remaining ones that most people believe to be in a different city is probably wrong.

spacebubble

Apr 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new to this forum and this thread. I'm interested in The Secret, searching for Priess caches. I have theories involving different locations. I will try my hand at posting the information. Thank you!

jdelong

Apr 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solution to The Secret Golden Gate Park casque location

Hi everyone,

I believe that I have solved the location of the San Francisco "Secret" casque. I first emailed this solution to Josh Gates at [email protected] and then, when I received no response over the course of a month, I emailed this solution to the pbworks website. I emailed Expedition Unknown because, in working with the wonderful guys at SF Parks and Rec (Brian and Kevin), I found out that the Expedition UnKnown team planned to film at the park in a different spot from the one I believe the casque was buried.

I emailed my solution to the pbworks website in an attempt to head off what I felt would be a wasted effort on the part of the film crew. And, if this solution is accepted as viable, I wanted to end fruitless effort on searchers' part and alleviate the burden on Parks and Rec staff as well.

Here's the email to Josh Gates about this solution:

Brian Dewitt ([email protected]), of Golden Gate Parks and Rec suggested that I send this email to you.

I had applied for a permit to dig in the park and, during discussions with Brian and Kevin Tibbetts, I learned that a dig had been arranged for you to film.

I was just informed by Brian that the area I applied to dig in was excavated to a level of four feet after Byron Preiss buried the casque.

I am convinced my solution is correct. I want to share it with you in the event that your dig is unsuccessful.

As most solutions agree, start in Shakespeare's Garden. ("At stone wall's door..."

Leave there and enter the Music Concourse. (Not far away..." My wife Denise and I went to the Monet exhibit at the de Young last Thursday--Sutro Tower is sooo close...) f s key sutro behind.jpg

Then, go to the Francis Scott Key monument. ("Education and justice...Education refers to the Academy of Science. Walk past that and you see the Francis Scott Key monument. This is where the solution diverges from others because of the missing word "Liberty". When you hear, "and justice for all" as other solutions have pointed out, you think of the Pledge of Allegiance. If you substitute "liberty" for education, you have the tie-in with the monument since Liberty crowns the top of the monument....with a furled flag in hand. liberty from side above.jpg )

"Sounds from the sky/Near ace is high" confirm that the Music Concourse is correct (the amphitheater and Hwy 1 "bracket it to the south and north). As many solutions point out, "Near ace" can refer to Highway 1 which is north of the Francis Scott Key monument. That focuses you on looking toward Hwy. 1.

So, if you look north from the Francis Scott Key monument, you see the St. Francis statue. st francis cross1.jpg This ties in with the next clue: "Running north but first across." If you 'run' north from the FSK monument, you see St. Francis holding a cross, facing away from the north, facing in a southerly direction.

The next clue has been really difficult for others to solve: In jewel's direction is an object of Twain's attention. What I found was this: Preiss used a little known fact from Twain's life as the basis for this clue. In 1861, Twain joint the Confederate Marion Rangers but lasted only two weeks. He "de-enlisted" because of the looming threat posed forces led by a colonel in the Union army: Ulysses S. Grant...Grant's statue list to the south of the St. Francis statue. if you draw a line through the two, it intersects with the place I wanted to dig. "Attention", a military term, further reinforces this, btw. st francis grant press above annotated.jpg

The final lines have been difficult for many to solve because Preiss's clues need to tell you exactly where to dig. This solution resolves that problem The final clue deals with the Cider Press Mill statue. A young guy pulls a pole with two hands on one side and a foot braced to push on the other. If you extend his foot to take a "giant step", it comes down on the place I wanted to dig, the place intersected by a line drawn from the St. Francis statue through the U.S. Grant statue. press from above annotated.jpg press from above.jpg press face on.jpg proposed dig site.jpg

Hopefully, this convinces you as much as it convinced me. If so, and you bring some kind of ground penetrating radar, you can see if, somehow, the casque is still there. If don't have that equipment, maybe you can persuade them to dig anyway.

My goal in unearthing the casque was to find someone who would pay at least $50,000 for it. My wife Denise and I spearheaded the building of a middle school in rural Cambodia in 2007 and have created a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (Doris Dillon School in cambodia EIN 47-1509301to support it. Last year 60 high school and college students, parents, teachers and professors did volunteer work at our school. Each time we and others work with students and families, we find more that we can do. So, our yearly fundraising is over 7X what it was when we started 11 years ago and growing. As anyone involved in no-profit work knows, the pressure to fundraise is relentless. I had hoped that finding a buyer for the casque would somehow provide a year's worth of funding at present levels.

Here's the link to our website:

https://www.dorisdillonschoolincambodia.org

Of course, I would be glad to meet with you when you're up here to go over the solution I discovered. My wife Denise and I are retired teachers and so we've moved beyond the 'fame and glory' period of our lives and are into the 'legacy' years, so I'm not trying to angle for a spot on your show.

Two more notes:

Denise and I met you when you were filming King Stephen's arm in Budapest (the scene was cut). We told you how we loved your humor and you replied "Hi, I'm Josh...where are you from?" We so many others about how naturally unassuming and approachable you are. With you, we feel, there is no such thing as a TV persona you put on when the camera rolls.

My attempt to solve this mystery has taught me a little about how Byron Preiss approaches creating his clues. I was shocked at how little time I needed to find a solution that I'm convinced is correct for the New Orleans casque (the key stumbling block is figuring out who the word "namesakes" refers to.). The spot is in a place that, I don't think, has been dug up to a level of four feet...if you want, I can work with you and your staff on this solution.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Let me know your thoughts.

This solution works really well from a 'boots on the ground' perspective, if you walk through the clues one at a time. The way he wrote the clues creates a sense of discovery as you walk from one statue to the next. The catalyst for me in solving this is the word 'liberty', substituted for 'education'. When you stand before the FSK statue and see 'Liberty" above his seated pose, it leads you directly north to the statue of St. Francis, key to the name of the city. (btw, "to see" could connect to the two 'C's" in the name Francis Scott Key, although that could just be a coincidence....).

A further confirmation: when you stand at the dig site, facing the two white 'female lion' Egyptian-Type states across the street, the head of the one on the right is turned slightly so that it looks directly at you. As noted on the pbworks site, the woman in the painting resembles these statues.

I applied for a dig permit and was one day away from digging when Brian from Parks and Rec called me to explain that the area was dug out to a level of at least four feet when the DeYoung Museum underwent a major reconstruction. The current underground garage was added too, so he felt that the casque has been inadvertently dug up during the construction work and dumped with the dirt that was moved elsewhere.

Let me know your thoughts on this solution. Thanks.

Attachments

• press from side.jpg
    press from side.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Jimc00

Oct 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boston is solved!!!
This week, Josh Gates found the Boston key on the show. It was a good show that walked through the thought process of finding the cask and had the artist explain some of the clues in the picture.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great show! My favorite part was when the artist was explaining the painting. He showed things that even the solver did not see. This gives me hope.
I don’t live close to any of the cities. New York has me intrigued right now.
From the FB (New York) group. Consensus seems to be Brooklyn.
I am not so sure.
There is one idea that I have,that I have not seen yet.
“Cars abound” I am looking at a port. Many cars are shipped into the harbor.
Correction I have found a port close to images matching the Staten Island ferry. Also from this location you can also see The Statue Of Liberty

Idk the island of b
Oh well it keeps me busy when I am bored.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great show! My favorite part was when the artist was explaining the painting. He showed things that even the solver did not see. This gives me hope.
I don’t live close to any of the cities. New York has me intrigued right now.
From the FB (New York) group. Consensus seems to be Brooklyn.
I am not so sure.
There is one idea that I have,that I have not seen yet.
“Cars abound” I am looking at a port. Many cars are shipped into the harbor.
Correction I have found a port close to images matching the Staten Island ferry. Also from this location you can also see The Statue Of Liberty

Idk the island of b
Oh well it keeps me busy when I am bored.

Yeah, I liked that they had the artist point out some of his clues. It gives a better insight on current searches. I'm not close to any of them, but the one I've looked at most is the one believed to be in New Orleans. I dont agree with the current theory that it was buried in a vacant lot and now buried under a building. A vacant lot doesnt match anything the creator has done elsewhere. they all seem to have been in public parks.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont agree with the current theory that it was buried in a vacant lot and now buried under a building. A vacant lot doesnt match anything the creator has done elsewhere. they all seem to have been in public parks.

I agree a vacant lot does not make sense.
I haven’t really looked at NO. I did see some believe it is by the tree of life.
I am currently looking at New York. I don’t live close to any of the cities. Just something I do to fight boredom.
My NY is different then what I have read.
Good luck. Keep it simple.
The author only had books and what he could see.

itsasecret

Nov 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I was looking at Image 1 today after watching exploration unknown. I found some clues but I am not sure if these are common knowledge already so maybe someone with more experience can shed light on my ideas. Here is the image showing what I found. Thanks for any comments.
TheSecretImage1.jpg

Nov 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I’m new here but I had some speculation about Verse 1. The popular consensus as I understand is Houston, TX. I have a theory that could lead it a bit south, to Galveston, TX

Fortress north(Galveston has had many forts in its time?)
Cold as glass(?)
Friendship south(could refer to Galveston itself, or the beach(friendly hangout), which runs along the south side of the island)
Take your task
To the number
Nine eight two(?)
Through the wood(maybe a pier or driftwood reference?)
No lion fears
In the sky the water veers(water, waves?)
Small of scale(island?)
Step across(short distance across the water from the mainland?)
Perspective should not be lost
In the center of four alike(Texas Heroes monument, https://www.galveston.com/blog/200/the-texas-heroes-monument-a-closer-look/)
Small, split,
Three winged and slight
What we take to be(each side of the monument is represents a trait of what we strive to be? Patriotism, Devotion, Honor, Courage)
Our strongest tower of delight
Falls gently
In December night(maybe lifeguard stand? Pretty much unused mid-winter)
Looking back from treasure ground
There's the spout!(?)
A whistle sounds.(lifeguard, whistle. Synonymous duo)

As for the image that matches the verse. I have no clue how to interpret it. Aside from lots of sand and dunes. Also the way the globe is shaded it looks like a beach. Also Galveston was surprisingly a big import port(and in some cases they were just dumped off there) for camels in the late 1800s and early 1900s, not so much in the 80s though.https://guff.com/a-short-history-of-how-the-hell-camels-came-to-america

Maybe people better with research could put more into this, or debunk it overall.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I’m new here but I had some speculation about Verse 1. The popular consensus as I understand is Houston, TX. I have a theory that could lead it a bit south, to Galveston, TX

Fortress north(Galveston has had many forts in its time?)
Cold as glass(?)
Friendship south(could refer to Galveston itself, or the beach(friendly hangout), which runs along the south side of the island)
Take your task
To the number
Nine eight two(?)
Through the wood(maybe a pier or driftwood reference?)
No lion fears
In the sky the water veers(water, waves?)
Small of scale(island?)
Step across(short distance across the water from the mainland?)
Perspective should not be lost
In the center of four alike(Texas Heroes monument, https://www.galveston.com/blog/200/the-texas-heroes-monument-a-closer-look/)
Small, split,
Three winged and slight
What we take to be(each side of the monument is represents a trait of what we strive to be? Patriotism, Devotion, Honor, Courage)
Our strongest tower of delight
Falls gently
In December night(maybe lifeguard stand? Pretty much unused mid-winter)
Looking back from treasure ground
There's the spout!(?)
A whistle sounds.(lifeguard, whistle. Synonymous duo)

Maybe people better with research could put more into this, or debunk it overall.

The widely accepted theory that its somewhere in Herrman park in Houston. The clues stand out for items there without guessing. From the treasures found to date, the verses are NOT obscure parables, but mostly direct statements if you are in the correct spots.

itsasecret

Nov 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I figured out why the hand in image 7 for New Orleans is so awkward looking, havn't seen it mentioned before so I will share my thoughts. It hides the date of the birth of Louise Philippe I in 1773, he was proclaimed "king of the french" in 1830. I noticed the 77 first and then the 3 and there is more highlight on the top of the stick so I figured it was a 1 for 1773, then googled "1773 new orleans" and found Louise Philippe I.

HandRevealed.jpg

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working on New York.
I believe that I have “The Solve”
[emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562][emoji562]

Last edited:

DCalla

Nov 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly have convinced myself that image 6 is located in Philadelphia! Way too many clues in the images linked to Philadelphia. “Eagle head”, numbers “76 & 30”, the statue is a landmark in a park, the tail of the flag is the same shape a river, the elephant in the rock, the flower stalks look to spell (vaguely) Pennsylvania, the island with the palm tree.... I’m convinced it’s in Philly!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread