AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solution 1.jpg

hardballer

Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Chase, your theory doesn’t hold up. Babe Ruth played his last season in Boston in 1919. Major League Baseball didn’t start using uniform numbers until 1929.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in NYC when the Towers came down. We were part of the NYC Transit teams that searched and secured the entire lower Manhattan area. Many restoration projects as well as new construction took place in the shadow of the twin towers. A new transit hub and tower have been completed and opened to the public. A 911 Memorial Museum now sits where the footprints of the original Towers stood. So much debris was moved to a facility to be sifted and searched for human remains. The closest park is Battery Park, and it was dug up for the installation of of the South Ferry Subway Station. If there were a Casque in the shadow of the Original World Trade Center Towers, it may have been crushed and carted of to a dump site.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in NYC when the Towers came down. We were part of the NYC Transit teams that searched and secured the entire lower Manhattan area. Many restoration projects as well as new construction took place in the shadow of the twin towers. A new transit hub and tower have been completed and opened to the public. A 911 Memorial Museum now sits where the footprints of the original Towers stood. So much debris was moved to a facility to be sifted and searched for human remains. The closest park is Battery Park, and it was dug up for the installation of the new South Ferry Subway Station. If there were a Casque in the shadow of the Original World Trade Center Towers, it may have been crushed and carted off to a dump site.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Behind the WW ll east coast war memorial is where the box was buried in the early eighties. The 'spot ' is untouched and is 22 east steps behind the statue, south of the isle of B. I would dig here. Screenshot_2018-03-13-08-02-26-1.png Good luck probing/digging there.

Last edited:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Behind the WW ll east coast war memorial is where the box was buried in the early eighties. The 'spot ' is untouched and is 22 east steps behind the statue, south of the isle of B. I would dig here. View attachment 1570116
Good luck probing/digging there.

Cheech if I were not halfway across the country I would be there probing and hopefully digging today ready to split the prize and give you full credit for locating. Hope someone in the area has something better to do than search for colored eggs.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Thanks RW, but I feel it would take a miracle. That area is red hot with people 24/7. People boarding the Ellis is. ferry, state and federal police, NYC park police, your standard NYPD, and numerous park employees. At some point it will come to light if I am correct. I would personally donate any proceeds towards a plaque commemorating NY author, publisher, and visionary Byron Preiss. I would also like to see Blaire and Karah Preiss recieve the casque and key if it indeed exsists.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
Against the wind, FWIW, the South ferry subway station is south of the park! The area I referred to was dedicated by JFK in 1963 when Preiss was a teenager.

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
The 'Isle of B' has been misinterpreted for 35 years. Its in Battery Park with most of the other clues. Prior to Ellis Island 11,000,000 people landed at a former island that was the West 'Battery' of 28 cannon. Its now totally engulfed by the surrounding park. It later served as the NY aquarium. Hence the mosiac pool tiles in the image.

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one way we will ever get to the bottom of this hole, we need to Water Board John Jude Palencar. Where does he live?

Mr Cheech

Feb 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
He recently spoke at length in a conversation posted on the Wiki site. He did say Josh Gates was close to one treasure, but the caller felt it was a different hunt than NY. A company Game on is now backing the hunt if a key is presented to them.Time will tell!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy fellow treasure hunters, I found this thread posted by Scottrocks a few days ago. After checking it out, I found that like other treasure stories, most tend to follow others interpretation of the clues. I know how hard it is to shake it off and do your own searching.

Image 8, verse 1 is not in Houston, It is in New York.

Where is says: What we take to be our strongest tower of delight, falls gently in December night.
This is the ball drop from the flagpole in One Times Square that many gather to celebrate as it falls gently every last night in December as the New Year rolls in.

The camel ad was there many years on Hotel Claridge on 44th street. The Rhino is a building as ECKO UNLTD displays.

Since the ball drop can be see on 7th ave from 43 to 59th st, I looked for 982 7th st. and 957 (on the tree limb) 7th st., and found that they are across each other in front of Central Park.

I could be wrong, but seems to be somewhere in Central Park.

Homar

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I believe the author stated it is not in Central Park.

Just watched the show...very interesting. The show states that the keys can still be redeemed by the authors estate.

Last edited:

awickedwand

Nov 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy fellow treasure hunters, I found this thread posted by Scottrocks a few days ago. After checking it out, I found that like other treasure stories, most tend to follow others interpretation of the clues. I know how hard it is to shake it off and do your own searching.

Image 8, verse 1 is not in Houston, It is in New York.

Where is says: What we take to be our strongest tower of delight, falls gently in December night.
This is the ball drop from the flagpole in One Times Square that many gather to celebrate as it falls gently every last night in December as the New Year rolls in.

The camel ad was there many years on Hotel Claridge on 44th street. The Rhino is a building as ECKO UNLTD displays.

Since the ball drop can be see on 7th ave from 43 to 59th st, I looked for 982 7th st. and 957 (on the tree limb) 7th st., and found that they are across each other in front of Central Park.

Homar

I like the way you think! :icon_thumright:
Hi, I'm brand new to all this and so didn't even know others had determined image 11 was in Boston. Because I didn't know, I did my own thing and I don't think its in Boston at all (or Canada). I'm putting together my case to share visually and with explanation so that seasoned hunters (open to poss of alt location) can help to refine, expand, or share info/facts that would clearly reject my case. With your keen eye and knowledge (and willingness to go counter to prevailing assumptions) I hope you'll be among those willing to see/read what I put together.

Bigbuds420

Dec 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m on to something and need pictures and or video . I can’t get a clear picture on satellite �� so I need help

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm preparing some information to photo dowse on some of the locations. I have Milwaukee and San Francisco so far being worked. If anyone wants to team up with me let me know. I will pass my material off to you to go field check or you can send me your picture you want me to check. If I can join up out there I will but for now I was planning on photo dowsing the sites.
Jon

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting my towns too boring for him to have come here

Top Member Reactions