Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, any new updates on Preiss's hidden keys? Was given the poems by a neighbor who knew I was into hunting. Now I'm older and able to spend more time researching and hunting, I'm working on some of these quests. Anyone got tidbits, clues, or advice on this particular challenge? Thanks

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the T.V. show Destination Truth the host Josh Gates had an episode where a few guys found one recently.

olred66

Greenie
Jul 1, 2006
Berkeley Springs, WV
Detector(s) used
Garett
I also have taken up this challenge. I have several solves. I recently went to 2 locations and believe the boxes have been destroyed much like the one in Boston. I need Mr. Gates help for another.

I don't believe that all the cities are correct and that some pic and verse match are also incorrect.

So my advise is do not accept everything that others have stated as being the final solution. Derive your own conclusions.

OP
OP
Surf_Pirate

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have taken up this challenge. I have several solves. I recently went to 2 locations and believe the boxes have been destroyed much like the one in Boston. I need Mr. Gates help for another.

I don't believe that all the cities are correct and that some pic and verse match are also incorrect.

So my advise is do not accept everything that others have stated as being the final this solution. Derive your own conclusions.
thank you this is good information. I'll be working on solving in the near future. Waiting on the book, but your advice- where should I get photos of art to decipher? The book?

OP
OP
Surf_Pirate

Surf_Pirate

Life's Short - Dig Deep
Mar 31, 2013
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So my advise is do not accept everything that others have stated as being the final solution. Derive your own conclusions.
did you by chance look for the Roanoke Island key?

olred66

Greenie
Jul 1, 2006
Berkeley Springs, WV
Detector(s) used
Garett
Hey guys, any new updates on Preiss's hidden keys? Was given the poems by a neighbor who knew I was into hunting. Now I'm older and able to spend more time researching and hunting, I'm working on some of these quests. Anyone got tidbits, clues, or advice on this particular challenge? Thanks
yes I also have been looking for these.. I'll say this I believe very strongly that the location of St Augustine is wrong and that several verse matches are also wrong. I have determined (at least to my own satisfaction) that New Orleans and Roanoke Island are no longer there.

THBiz

Aug 16, 2022
Yes, I have many snippets of clues and obscure theories. Just ask, for starters San Francisco has finally opened up digging again and no one has found it so far, I seen a site that was advertising a dig and was welcoming anyone in the area to join, they had some pretty convincing clues and said they would drop the final clue when they are about to dig, so everyone can enjoy the puzzle free of charge. That was very nice of them, I will be there for sure just to see how it all plays out. It was in the middle of November in Golden Gate Park. That's all I know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread