What's new

The Silver God Blessed Me Today CR Hunting and MDing

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
The Silver God Blessed Me Today CR Hunting and MDing

I had to drop some searched coins off so I hit a few banks. I found 2 - 40%ers. Then I went MDing and found a 1953d Quarter, a 1956 wheat and a sterling ring. I found 57 coins for $4.83. That silver quarter was about 8” deep by a huge old pine tree. Today WAS the day.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_015.webp
    ScreenHunter_015.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 295
  • ScreenHunter_013.webp
    ScreenHunter_013.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 247
  • ScreenHunter_016.webp
    ScreenHunter_016.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 254
  • ScreenHunter_012.webp
    ScreenHunter_012.webp
    78.1 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
Looks like you had another good day AW. Congrats on the silver MD'ing & CRH'ing. That sterling ring is a beaut also. What VDI number did it register at? In the 80's?

Me & hubby went today......just clad and I found a neat looking city park pool token. Still silverless on the MD'ing.....it will come though.
 
lejeuene said:
Looks like you had another good day AW. Congrats on the silver MD'ing & CRH'ing. That sterling ring is a beaut also. What VDI number did it register at? In the 80's?

Me & hubby went today......just clad and I found a neat looking city park pool token. Still silverless on the MD'ing.....it will come though.
The Ace 250 doesn't have numbers. It hit up in the silver end where the dime notch is. That's my 14th silver ring and I have found 3 gold rings.
 
fiatboy said:
Whoa! A silver Georgie!
Best part was I could see it shining in the bottom of the hole. I didn't clean it, it came out that way. It's only the second silver Washington I have found.
 
Nice!!
With few exceptions, old silver seems to come out of the ground nice. Even the Barbers I've found look like they could have been in a drawer instead of the ground.
Congrats!
 
TXTim said:
Nice!!
With few exceptions, old silver seems to come out of the ground nice. Even the Barbers I've found look like they could have been in a drawer instead of the ground.
Congrats!
It's amazing how good the silver usually looks. Now here is a before and after pic of the half I found MDing. It was only about 3 inches deep and as you can see, pretty black. It cleaned up good tho.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_018.webp
    ScreenHunter_018.webp
    17 KB · Views: 234
  • ScreenHunter_019.webp
    ScreenHunter_019.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 181
  • ScreenHunter_018.webp
    ScreenHunter_018.webp
    17 KB · Views: 232
  • ScreenHunter_019.webp
    ScreenHunter_019.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 176
How did you clean that coin?i have some that look like your before shot, would like to clean them up.Thanks HB
 
Hill Billy said:
How did you clean that coin?i have some that look like your before shot, would like to clean them up.Thanks HB
I posted this once before but no problem doing it again. I used da wife's liquid silver jewelry cleaner first. It still had a lot of black but it seemed to loosen it. Then I used a silver polishing cloth. It cleaned up like yo use it. The before pisc was really that dark out of the ground.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom