watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last hunt was a couple of weeks ago and after the ground frost disappeared I had a chance to get out to a 1930’s park which I’ve hunted quite a bit during the past 8 years. When I arrived, I noticed immediately that most of the dense brush that had been surrounding this park had been cut and cleared. This opened up a lot of new ground that I had never detected before so that’s where I spent my time hunting.

It was great to be able to swing my Equinox over these recently cleared areas for the first time but a time consuming job to dig those targets that were locked within networks of underground roots. I was happy with what I recovered in these cleared out areas and the next time I return, I’ll be sure to bring the pocket saw that I left sitting in the garage LOL.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

IMG_5133.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

Upvote 35

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! Congrats on the silver:icon_thumright:

Fentonian

Apr 18, 2021
Ohio
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!!!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet indeed those finds are!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last hunt was a couple of weeks ago and after the ground frost disappeared I had a chance to get out to a 1930’s park which I’ve hunted quite a bit during the past 8 years. When I arrived, I noticed immediately that most of the dense brush that had been surrounding this park had been cut and cleared. This opened up a lot of new ground that I had never detected before so that’s where I spent my time hunting.

It was great to be able to swing my Equinox over these recently cleared areas for the first time but a time consuming job to dig those targets that were locked within networks of underground roots. I was happy with what I recovered in these cleared out areas and the next time I return, I’ll be sure to bring the pocket saw that I left sitting in the garage LOL.

View attachment 2019457

View attachment 2019460
Very Nice Hunt!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2019457

View attachment 2019460
that is my kind of hunt, well done! love that silver and the ring is stunning

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done on getting some great results from the cut back in the park area.
I had a similar thing many years ago they cut back about 4-6 ft of overgrowth along the lawn edge.
Had a few good hunts after that for earlier pennies and silver dimes.

The ring looks like a Balinese style, manufactured on the island of Bali.
The 3 ball/beads and the cabling is typical of their design.
The stone is an Amethyst

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Strong work and excellent recoveries- Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread