The Tale of two Brothers lost map of Corrigadors treasure.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah Kanacki my fine drunken sensible pirate of the evil trio. No matter how ya gloss things over ya know there a seat for ya down below.:cat: :laughing7: Teha Taya knew what she was getting herself into all those months ago. She saw her opportunities, either a young poor drunken bum or a rich old drunken bum. Young men take women for granted and old men that lament the folly of doing so. Who I am was always part of package. So my self righteous windbag friend of the blarney bar, Enjoy early Sunday morning in church because this old pirate will be in bed cuddled up to my young Polynesian princess, being an unrepentant sinner all the way.....:laughing7:

Anyway how we end up here? we have the Easter so ya could post a story or yarn as such.

Crow of the bar of shame:laughing7:

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah Crow crack the whip?

We seem to have drifted off rather badly from the original Topic. So I too recall some things. But I have forgotten the names of people. So many people and places er 17 years ago. But I can picture the person you talked about. I noticed you did not mention the Brothers younger sister the lovely long legged senorita with beautiful flirting eyelashes. Doc-d is right Ecuador is full of beautiful women but dating is rather traditional.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hola IPIU

That evil black bird has relented one more yarn before back to the grindstone. You will get your Indian treasure story. But its late and my glass of rum is empty and my better half beckons.

Kanacki

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Kanacki

Praise be to our feathered one. I appreciate you guys taking the time out to share things that take real effort to uncover in the first place. Not only that, but then to willing part with information takes a special kind of individual, as some in this field will start acting very unusually even with the small amount of info if they feel that 'their' story is being impinged upon.

You tropical dwelling chaps have this thing for rum...you are welcome to share some scotch whisky that I have......

I am ready and awaitin' for the Crow-meister's presence...

PS. Have you heard about that place in north-western India where tremors and earthquakes happen periodically, and there is an ancient site which throws up relics every so often...?

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kanacki

Veritable proof (if it were needed) that treasure maps, 'X' marks the spot and "there's gold in them that hills" really are true in some instances!

Thank you for sharing this.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Don

Well, there's a place in the far north of India, on the border with China, where small quakes, floods in recent years caused ancient artefacts to come to the surface...

The area is known to history as one of many ancient pilgrimage centres and areas of ancient kingdoms. Some claim that traffic from the old Silk Road route used to pass here in times gone by to avoid toll taxes, but the locals have been selling objects for some time...

The area is vast and mountainous and sparsely populated with the local population living in deprived circumstances. In years gone by, there was a Swedish group who would send their members to the area to surreptitiously 'obtain' ancient art and artefacts in what can only be described as a deceptive manner. That has been stopped. In India, there used to be a 'tradition' of disposing of old valuable items in temples, every so often, by simply leaving them in caves, rivers, forests that were believed to be inhabited by the gods. This area is where the foothills of the Himalayas begin their ascent, and was believed to be the abode of the all that was holy.

The area is remote and the local authorities are concentrated on the border side of things with China, so local authorities are some distance away. But to organise things properly, you need big resources with even bigger budgets.

I met a chap who owned a curios and antique shop in Switzerland. He openly admitted that his father (some decades ago) would travel the world and 'buy' all manners of old objects by simply 'swapping' them for token items.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Crow,

Kanacki a Jock!?

What would his brethren think about him and rum?!:dontknow:

Yes, I recall that link you've provided. There was an Indian dealer in New York who was dealing in large-ticket items. This Swedish group stayed under the radar for a long, long time. They were uncovered when they were stung in an operation from a TV crew or a newspaper because they were doing the same thing in Thailand. If I'm not mistaken, the Swedes resisted signing-up to Unesco protocol and treaty.

The gold items that are found in India by Indians, very rarely make it out. Usually, they are melted down for their metallic value as oppose to their artistic price. That country is a black hole for gold consumption. It cannot get enough of it and the government there has strict import laws, but wealthy Indians always attempt to turn part of their assets into 24 carat gold. There has been many stories where they will travel to Dubai, buy gold by the kilo, and then try and bring it back in. There was recently a story when someone got cold feet or left it for an accomplice, but the gold was discovered in the toilets of the plane once everyone had embarked.

You going to tell us a little of on of the many stories you know that Kanacki mentioned then?

:notworthy:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As economic conditions bite hard,It would be a matter of time before that last chamber in Kerala is stormed by desperate souls....

Tintin treasure

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Tin Tin

The Indian government forced the temple to create a safe depository for the treasure...

So construction has I believe may of started. But fear not the trio acquired a 3-d concept plan of vault being constructed.:laughing7:

Padmanabhaswamy_te_2076635f.jpg

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Interest Party in Uk

My parents was Scottish as well as my brothers and sister I however was born in Port Moresby New Guinea. I grew up in Rabaul New Britain. I grew up in totally different world back then . However the place of childhood is no more. Gone as what the earth gives us has taken us away.

My family home is somewhere under the ash and debris of this. Pardon the pun I still get a bang out watching this.... Check out the shock waves on the clouds. Mother nature at her crankest

I will post the Indian story later. Forgive me I run on "manyana" island time these days. The other two neurotic of trio are always on me to be for being too laid back.

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola all

You may think all treasure hunters are Male. Indeed the greater percentage it is true but do not be fooled.

The following story is connected to the searched and Journey of a very intrepid women.

So gather round and bring you favorite brew.

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed that old Crow can such you into story. Well so can Kanacki best with some alcoholic lucubration to loosen the tongue my friends.

Every heard of women by the name Sybil Conquest? But hey with a name like that perhaps she should of been in the movie the spy who shagged me.:laughing7: Or in early James bond movies. But strange enough a real women and adventurous one at that...

Refill anyone?

Kanacki

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Kanacki

Good video - thanks. It goes to show, when you've witnessed such amazing things, how can one possibly complain about some rain in the UK?

Scots; the hardiest, intrepid and most spirited adventurers/explorers that Great Britain has produced. You fellas have made your mark across the world. Talking about the Indian sub-continent, in the turbulent areas around the north/north-west, Scottish bagpipes provide the music of choice and it was Scottish highlanders who made things happen there when the British were still there...

My sister lives in Edinburgh and the country further north is some of the most stunning landscapes one could imagine.

I have now made some trips to India to check some things out and that country is bewildering and can quickly assume and overcome a person on so many levels. It is a most fascinating contradiction. There is rampant corruption and deprivation. There is awesome wealth and honesty. For example, you can come across 'officials' that are ready to sell the country's art treasures for a pittance. Then you have families that have been loyally serving the same dynasty for centuries and centuries such as the one which until the 1980s took care of the late maharajah of Kashmir's treasure chests which contained the most amazing sapphires, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, pearls and gold and silver jewellery imaginable. This humongous treasure was left in sealed trunks with a trusted assistant in Kashmir when partition took place and the maharajah hastily left for the newly formed India. This assistant loyally watched over the treasure in a dilapidated building for nearly 40 years until old age and then started to worry who he would pass the baton to as he had no male heirs to continue...

There was an old palace of a former maharajah in busy, bustling Delhi which was being fought over by the family when he died. Whilst the case was dragging through the courts, the palace was simply sealed and the caretaker given the keys. This magnificent palace had the very finest china, furniture, art, rugs, vases, cars, clothes and jewellery amassed from the finest collections of Europe and Asia, and was simply left to rot. Yet not a single item was pilfered, vandalised, stolen or broken. It was simply accepted that "what will be will be" by all concerned. It was a huge estate slap-bang in the middle of this huge metropolis.

I think everyone's got their beverage of choice and are awaiting your presence....

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay that went down nicely a little too nicely.

Sybil Conquest was the product of her time. She came from middle class background and her parents seeking to better themselves or their social standing in the British Empire by working for government in India. Had moved to India while she was a young girl. To a kid in fearsome the exotic surrounding of a mystical India must of been a powerful driving force my friend for young girl, away from the social norms of Edwardian England. It was a time when British empire was still at its peak and to those who lived it, felt that the sun would never set on the empire.

I was too of sorts was a child of the last throes of empire in faraway places in a time when you had a strong self belief and can do attitude. It was grit to persevere that was the legacy of empire that continued my friend even when the Empire was long gone. Those who was part of it believed they could do wonderful things.... And Sybil was indeed a product of those times.

Kanacki

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That feeling of the unknown, where one's endurance, determination and endeavour would determine that individual's life chances and future prospects. Oh what a time, environment and place to be in...

This Sybil lady sounds as if she was made from the same DNA as you chaps..

Please continue..

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IPIU Interesting story as India I sense like it has to many has intoxicated you with its beauty, richness and devastating poverty all rolled into one.

Now you have excuse me as my ancestor are turning in their grave as I am enjoying Philippine rum. :laughing7: Tomorrow I will repent tonight I win sin.

When I was first heard of Sybil's story from Hardluck I was intrigued.

A newspaper story in the Launceston Daily Telegraph dated February 26 1926 reported the following story.

Search for treasure English Women search for Indian Prince treasure hoard.

One of the greatest collections of jewels and precious metals ever brought together in India was that of Prince Uyraoa.. For nearly five centuries this marvelous collection has been utterly lost. Miss Sybil Conquest, an English woman resident in India. attempted to discover the place where Prince Byrada hid this vast treasure and her strange experiences make interesting reading. According to history and tradition, Prince Byrada, who ruled one of the central provinces of India, inherited from a long line of princely forbears an accumulation of jewels and precious metals, which had grown to vast proportions. When Ryrada had reigned for some years big twin brother — younger only by one hour, and by that far too embittered plotted to get the throne. Three attempts were made on Bvrada's life and in each ease the brother was suspected.

Alarmed at three attempts, and possibly fearing an armed raid on the State treasure hoarded in the palace, Prince Byrada had the gold and jewelry secretly packed on elephants and horses, and accompanied bv one loyal relative and a horde of palace servants, set out for the Vindhya Mountains in,the remote wastes of his domain. There he hid the treasure. Soon after his return Prince 'Byrada's seditious brother died mysteriously assassinated, it was whispered, by the ruling prince, who, the same month, was trampled to death by an elephant. Moreover, the only other man in possession of the secret hiding-place of the hoard was killed presumably murdered within an hour of his prince's death. Servants who had accompanied the treasure train were interrogated but could only indicate the route they had taken.

The prince and his relative had themselves conveyed the treasure, packet by packet, from its dumping ground to some secret hiding-place in the heart of the hills. Miss Sybil Conquest had heard the story of the Byrada treasure from early girlhood. On a hunting trip in the neighbourhood of the Vindhya Mountains, she heard from the guide that the local tribes had a legend according to guide the treasure was hidden in a certain Lake of Fire used for sacrificial purposes in olden times.

Daily Telegraph  Saturday 6 February 1926, page 1.jpg

Her story gets more intriguing....

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions