What's new

The teller asked me "are you sure you want these? They are so black"

cyberdan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
4,599
Reaction score
2,232
Golden Thread
0
Location
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The teller asked me "are you sure you want these? They are so black"

She held up a double handfull of halves to show me what she meant. I kept my cool and told her, sure no problem.

She had $15 in halves and half of them were really black. Turns out I got 17 40% & 1 90% JFK out of that bank. :D

Made up for the two boxes I got Friday. 1st box was a silver skunk, only got a proof and BU half. 2nd box only got one 40% >:(
 
Upvote 0
Re: The teller asked me "are you sure you want these? They are so black"

I have had tellers unsure of selling Ben's to me because they "looked weird". I got them though. Congrads on the haul!
Pepperpump ;D
 
Re: The teller asked me "are you sure you want these? They are so black"

cyberdan said:
She held up a double handfull of halves to show me what she meant. I kept my cool and told her, sure no problem.

She had $15 in halves and half of them were really black. Turns out I got 17 40% & 1 90% JFK out of that bank. :D

Made up for the two boxes I got Friday. 1st box was a silver skunk, only got a proof and BU half. 2nd box only got one 40% >:(
Nice haul. Take all, dump later. Once I heard "I have a funny looking dollar". I'll take it. Turned out to be an 1883 Morgan dollar---that I got for a dollar.
 
Re: The teller asked me "are you sure you want these? They are so black"

Black is beautiful!
Patrick Earl will agree....
 
Re: The teller asked me "are you sure you want these? They are so black"

I kept my cool...

A telltale sign of an experienced coin roll hunter. :)
 
Re: The teller asked me "are you sure you want these? They are so black"

Very nice ratio of silver vs clad. I like hitting those banks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom