The Trackway Site - Day 3 - Finished - Another ROMAN SILVER...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a 5 hour hunt on Saturday finishing off the Trackway area.
What is kind of odd is that although this area has a little bit of everything it's mainly a Early/Middle Saxon Site & we get very few Roman Coins from it. If fact until we got these 3 in the last 2 hunts, we have never had a Roman Silver in all the years of gridding. How odd that they should come out where the crop had failed. This one, like the other was found by going into a failed crop area. That's why this time of year you need to try every little nook & cranny.

6 Roman Bronze Coins (1 pierced in the Saxon period)
Medieval Spindal Whorl
2 Jettons
Mystery Saxon Partifact?
Bit of a Roman Fibula
Neolithic Flint
Crappy Hammered
Saxon Pin-Head
Very Rare 1/2 of a 10th C Class F Viking Strap-End (Not seen an exact match)
Cut Silver Denarius of Elagabalus.

The rolls not over yet...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 15
Way to work it and thanks, as always, for sharing your amazing finds.

I found an item similar to yours in a farm field by Colchester. What the heck is it? I thought it was just a modern hook on which to hang something. I don't think it was I.D'd on the export report list.

Attachments

• mysterypiece.jpg
    mysterypiece.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 37
I found an item similar to yours in a farm field by Colchester. What the heck is it? I thought it was just a modern hook on which to hang something. I don't think it was I.D'd on the export report list.
There IDed as circa 19th C clothes hooks, but some think that they may have gone on some types of horse tack.

Last edited:
Silver streak continues....
Nice piece of dark flint. Is this local flint or imported? Always love these Saxon pinheads with the tiny ring and dot decoration. :icon_thumleft:

Silver streak continues....
Nice piece of dark flint. Is this local flint or imported? Always love these Saxon pinheads with the tiny ring and dot decoration. :icon_thumleft:
We do get local black flint nodules in our area.
Yeap, a nice example of a Saxon Pin-Head just laying on the top.

Hi Crusaders , You have been busy .So busy your failed to check your facts . Fosters beer is not been owned ,brewed,sold ,or drunk in Australia for over 30 years . Australia's COVID 19 deaths stands at 99 . You having telling members to ignore me . Can you please explain ? TP

As usual, Amazing !!! Congrats!!!

Hi Crusaders , You have been busy .So busy your failed to check your facts . Fosters beer is not been owned ,brewed,sold ,or drunk in Australia for over 30 years . Australia's COVID 19 deaths stands at 99 . You having telling members to ignore me . Can you please explain ? TP
Nice to hear from you.
I know no-one drinks Fosters in Australia only us Brits are dumb enough to drink that crap.Maybe you have been lockdown too long, no idea where your getting those paranoid thoughts from, I couldn't care less whether people engage with you or not.
It was me who got a PM from a member stating that you were telling everyone where I was detecting in the UK. I'm not doing anything to you, so keep it straight. It was the MODs that warned you to stop attacking me, so take it up with them if you have an issue on here, move on.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back