The Treasure Gods have smiled down on me again!!

Phips great finds! Keep em coming!

Mooks, Lets please not turn this into name calling, like "know"-it-all, etc. No one has called anyone a liar or said they are full of it! Scubasalvor made a statement that was taken out of context and really should have lead to questions as to why they didn't find emeralds after 20 years of searching. And I think Mad4wrecks answered it!

And I think Phips is on the trail of some great finds!

So lets keep the tone positive!

I have no doubt there are emeralds up and down the Treasure coast. When I am detecting I am constantly picking up green glass and other objects checking for the illusive emerald!

Mooks... thanks for the kind words and support my friend. RobertG... agreed, let's keep things positive, but I have to mention that the words that Mooks used were in fact my words as well because I was being called a liar in a not so obvious way. I don't care if certain folks believe me or not when it comes to my finds... I just don't feel it is worth my effort to post things on this forum when they will not be appreciated and I will be confronted all the time. I don't need to prove myself to anyone nor vice versa... just trying to do what I love and share it with others.

Ok... enough whining... gettin' ready for the next front to come in... good luck to all!! Phips

MD Dog said:
TidePool said:
MD Dog said:
Jeff K said:
More than likely the emeralds were being carried by a passenger that drowned or lost them while trying to swim ashore. If that's the case, the final resting place could be far from the actual shipwreck.
So Clearwater beach isn't out of the question then ? ;D

Nope! When you're there stop by Frenchys and have a Blackened Grouper Sammich & cold beer for me!

8)
Dangit tidepool I'm stuck in WNY I take it your downstate ? :-\

Nope- Fairport, just outside of Rochester on the canal.
Grew up in Clearwater and would kill for a trip to Frenchys and a Bannana shake from Checkers though!

Clearwater Beach?
Im not aware of emeralds being found on the beach
The beach area is a pretty steril area, not much for shells and stuff let alone coral and crustayion wash ups.
beached is combed every morning.
I see a few MDers on the early am working the beach due to out of town vacationers dropping their rings and change.
Its a spectacular beach.
Listed as one of the top ten beaches in the country
I live in clearwater, 10 min from the beach. Actually Safety Harbor, rich in indian history and mineral springs, A hot bed for artifacts.
have an indian mound that claims to have treasures in it but big time protected.
See Phillipe park (sp?) awesome park
Should you have any questions or hints for, please email me
[email protected]
thanks
Bradyboy

The material depicted does not appear to be wormrock or calcified coral, but is simply a sedimentary conglomerate that is starting the process of consolidation. Basically, ocean bottom crap that is starting to "set up". I've found this material all along the beach, in various forms, from really hard to soft and crumbly. Just recently at Walton Rocks during low tide, the pools and recesses in the natural coral contained a similar product. I do believe it requires some lime to produce it. As with early "Tabby", a concreteious material from oyster shells, it takes shells to provide some of the material to begin the consolidation. Actually, coquina rock, as found on Anastasia Island near St. Augustine, is a product of shell based consolidation.

Because of the density of the material, once broken loose it moves readily with wave action. Our treasurecoast beaches contain little true beach sand. Much of what is here is simply coarse shell based material. The steeper the beach, the coarser the beach material. The "fines" are wind blown into the dunes, and trapped by the grasses.

Steep beach, coarse material, likelihood of shells and rock.

Does this help?

PhipsFolly said:
Well Scubasalvor you seem to have all the answers... y'all got me figured out. I'm full o' sh*t... well I never said I found the emeralds at the Nieves site and my clue was just that... a clue as to the area in which they are found. Am I going to tell you exactly where to go? Give me a break... do your own homework. And yeah, all those big name treasure hunters may have been looking for emeralds all those long 20 years but did they ever go and sift for them in the right places? NO! Why is it so hard to believe that i'm finding them when thousands of them were found in the area? maybe it's because I found them and You didn't! I'll just go on enjoying my finds and you and all the other naysayers can kiss my royal contraband behind! Last time I post anything on here... you people are something else. To all those that have been supportive and complimentary... thank you.

Relax Phips !

I didn't see an Attack in his post
But I'll reread from Scubasalvor's Post Down & see what needs Cleaned up.

Your Welcome to Post here "Unmolested" Anytime you want.

Even if this Means Restricting Others ;)

JEFF

P.S. one Member got Banned today For Breaking TreasureNets rules & Driving 2 Members to quit.

NEXT ?

As a clarification, my previous post was made to support Phipp's original post. The material he depicts is found all along the "treasure coast". Because of it's density, wave action can move it laterally along the beach. Eventually this material will break up and add to the indigenous beach material. I see no reason to question his find, and I thank him for his generosity..he didn't have to say anything.

Bill

I've wondered the same thing. However, geological time is often measured by the depth of a layer or strata from the surface. All the emeralds were deposited 300 years ago, and all would be at the same depth. That conglomerate builds up slowly, so my guess is that you won't find much deeply embedded. Besides, once the "rock" gets too big, wave action won't move it...not enough surface area relative to the mass.

Besides, once the "rock" gets too big, wave action won't move it...not enough surface area relative to the mass.

Hey, is this related to CappyZ's thixotropic research? ;D

Phips,
Another beach known for being "colored" years ago, very course sand and steep washout is Bethune Beach but I doubt it is, that is one of the cleanest beaches I have ever MDed on. Nothing to find.

DiverLynn

I think z is saying..when you you shake stuff, the heavy stuff settles. This material will disintegrate after washing around in the high energy surf zone. The heavy pieces won't break off in the first place.

billinstuart,

So pretty much what you are saying is that something like what phips found wouldnt have been found on the beach but was found in the water either by digging down to the layer where it was formed throughout the years from 300 years ago.Being that phips saying that he found it washed up on the beach is highly impossible being it would have broken apart from it way thru the surf from down deep in the sand.

No, that definitely was NOT the implication. Small pieces of the poorly formed conglomerate break off from the ocean floor from wave action and wash up on the beach. I stated it washes up on the beach, and waves move it along the beach until it breaks up. It is commonly found ON the beach. Just as shells, sinkers, wood, etc. move along the ocean bottom to the beach, this material does the same thing.

i had sent a thread here to help phips out about the descrepancy of the value of the so called' found' gem. did it get deleted?
what happened to 'free speech'? doesn't apply here?
still think the rock should be qualified by a gemologist as to value and have it posted here with the name of the gemologist..then there would be no more contoversy. want to delete this too?
fortunate....ahh yes, the first amendment...it only applies when the powers that be want it to apply....yes, we are truely free....lol

Hi all... I have made the decision not to continue to post on TNET... just this final word. I would like to thank those that have been kind, supportive, and have shared their own knowledge, finds, & experiences. It is most unfortunate that some choose to create an environment that is negative and ruin the forum.

Please let me be clear that I am not offering the following information to start up more debate on this thread... just wanted to make one more point in support of myself and my finds... it was brought to my attention by one of my best friends that there is a reference in a book about the 1715 Fleet and it supports my emerald find so I decided to post it here.

In the book, "Florida's Golden Galleons" by Robert Burgess & Carl Clausen, on page 152, paragraph 2, there are references to well known treasure hunter Richard MacAllister working the Colored Beach site and I quote, "Paralleling the shore were three wormrock reefs, the shallowest inshore less than a foot from the surface."

So... for the individuals who saw fit to try and discredit me and my emerald finds, there is written documentation to support that I wasn't being dishonest! I guess the "pros" that worked the Fleet for over 20 years don't know everything after all!! Phips

Phips Please Point me to Any Post in here that is Trying to Discredit You,
And I will Take care of It.

I Only see Posts Complimenting you and Trying to Help you.

& A couple Off Subject Posts that Made No sense that I deleted.

and My 2 Posts which at most are Off Subject
from Trying to Figure out what Or Who you are Complaining about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back