What's new

The Unidentified Coins

HunterMF

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2016
Messages
477
Reaction score
790
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I have taken about 150 pictures of 3 coins. Not exaggerating.
Two of these coins were found in my current 1700s site which has produced KGII and KGIII and also some cut silver (1700-1746 Philip 2 Reale), a silver dated 1721 and a Portuguese 10 Reis.
Coin #2 was found at a home dating back to 1760 as far as we know. (Only coin found)
I am not posting all 150 pictures. But we will start with a few. Thanks to all that try and help. I'm not doing this for cost wise, I am a very curious person and just want to know what I am holding on to!
Rotating pictures in hand for different angle of lighting on coin.

First coin is a copper weighing .22oz. @ 28mm
I am posting pictures that I have optimized for visibility, but I can post the original pictures also.
1st side
coin1 (2)f.webpcoin1-5 (2).webpcoin1-6 (2).webpcoin1-7 (2).webp

2nd side
coin1-3 (2)b.webpcoin1-4 (2).webpcoin1-8 (2).webp

Next coin weighs in .27oz @28mm
1st side
coin2 (2).webpcoin2-1 (2).webpcoin2-2 (2).webpcoin2-3 (2).webpcoin2-5 (2).webpcoin2-6 (2).webpcoin2-7 (2).webp
2nd side
coin2-8 (2).webpcoin2-9 (2).webpcoin2-10 (2).webpcoin2-11 (2).webpcoin2-12 (2).webpcoin2-13 (2).webp

Next coin weighs .25oz @28mm
1st side
coin3-9 (2).webpcoin3-8 (2).webpcoin3-10 (2).webp

2nd side
coin3-2 (2).webpcoin3-1 (2).webpcoin3-3 (2).webpcoin3-4 (2).webpcoin3-5 (2).webpcoin3-6 (2).webpcoin3-7 (2).webpcoin3-7 (3).webp

It looks like the 3rd coin is a KG? Brittania or Hibernia?
If you need any more pics, please let me know.
Thanks for looking!
Matt
 

Attachments

  • coin3 (2).webp
    coin3 (2).webp
    141 KB · Views: 58
Cant help with ID, but very cool finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom