bigscoop
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2010
- Messages
- 14,653
- Reaction score
- 9,097
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Wherever there be treasure!
- Detector(s) used
- Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
It all begins with that little voice in the back of you’re mind say, “Ah, stay home today. Take a break. It’s probably the best thing to do today.” That’s the way it usually begins for me, just an innocent series of momentary thoughts when I’m sometimes thinking of going to the beach. Innocent? Sure, if you believe Dennis the Menace was innocent.
“Uncertainty”, that’s what that little voice is really instilling in us. It’s planting the notion that if we don’t go we might actually miss out on something. I mean, if that little voice was so damn innocent then why speak to me at all? “Relax. Stay home today. Probably just be wasting your time otherwise.” “Probably?”….and there you go, the seed that the little SOB so carefully planted. Probably is like saying, perhaps, or maybe, or, you just never know. Why has he set his sights on tormenting me like this?
“Trust”….you’d think you would be able to trust that little voice inside your own head but I can’t tell you the number of times he’s screamed, “DUDE! GO TO THE BEACH! GOLD AWAITS YOU!” It’s awful hard to keep placing your trust in voice with a long history of steering you in the wrong direction. “Go ahead, Dude. She really likes you.” I still carry the emotional and mental scar from that 7th grade disaster. At best he throws you a bone every now and then just to regain your trust and confidence, and then, just like yesterday, he plays that mind-game on you again, “Stay home, probably won’t miss much, but then again, you just might get lucky and have one of those golden days?” Yep, I bit and three hours later I was wondering why? One of these days I’m really going to get him back and then we’ll see who’s laughing. I mean, it's my head and I can create other little voices. Can’t wait to hear what he has to say when they start chiming in.

“Uncertainty”, that’s what that little voice is really instilling in us. It’s planting the notion that if we don’t go we might actually miss out on something. I mean, if that little voice was so damn innocent then why speak to me at all? “Relax. Stay home today. Probably just be wasting your time otherwise.” “Probably?”….and there you go, the seed that the little SOB so carefully planted. Probably is like saying, perhaps, or maybe, or, you just never know. Why has he set his sights on tormenting me like this?
“Trust”….you’d think you would be able to trust that little voice inside your own head but I can’t tell you the number of times he’s screamed, “DUDE! GO TO THE BEACH! GOLD AWAITS YOU!” It’s awful hard to keep placing your trust in voice with a long history of steering you in the wrong direction. “Go ahead, Dude. She really likes you.” I still carry the emotional and mental scar from that 7th grade disaster. At best he throws you a bone every now and then just to regain your trust and confidence, and then, just like yesterday, he plays that mind-game on you again, “Stay home, probably won’t miss much, but then again, you just might get lucky and have one of those golden days?” Yep, I bit and three hours later I was wondering why? One of these days I’m really going to get him back and then we’ll see who’s laughing. I mean, it's my head and I can create other little voices. Can’t wait to hear what he has to say when they start chiming in.

Last edited:
Upvote
0
yeah go ahead..... but someone may not agree with your point of view......screw them if they don't actually READ THE WORDS RIGHT and take it wrong.... but there you go again not caring about others...... delete, delete, delete.... If you leave this page your message will be lost..... Oh just turn off the computer and go hunting.... you can't find gold in your chair.....
for miles. Trying to get this place wired. It will happen. Trouble is, the whole time I'm striking out, I keep thinking of what I should be doing







