The wife wants a new detector, Deleon or M6 ? UPDATED!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: The wife wants a new dtector, Deleon or M6 ?

I use the Whites MXT.....but I have heard good things about the M6. It is very smart to not make your mind up quickly when you are stepping up to your next MD. Congrats to her! I don't know anything about the Deleon's.

Bootybay has a M6 and she loves hers. Hope this helps.

Pepper

thanks pepper ;D we was originally thinking of the M6 but today she looks around on ebay and then was thinking of the Deleon so i wanted to ask around and get some input to get the best ideas from a great bunch of people on here :) thanks ;)

Re: The wife wants a new detector, Deleon or M6 ?

LOL.....what can I say....it took me ages to make my mind up. ;) Let us know when she makes her final decision.

thank you pepper ;) and i will let everyone know for sure !

I have the M6 and DFX... Now let me tell ya...I LOVE my M6.. absolutely love it.. I highly recommend that one for your wife.. its super easy to learn.. and it does find deep goodies.. I have dug up to 12 inches so far. Learning the M6 is much much easier then the DFX.. Don't get me wrong, I haven't had my DFX that long so I am still learning that one..it is very complicated for me, yes it has preset programs but still needs tweaking here and there. Back to the M6, it too also has the beach mode, which works great as well..as I am in a highly mineralized salt beaches here.. so if I were you..I would seriously think about the M6, I dont use the standard coil I use the 5.3 eclipse on both whites and I LOVE THAT COIL, I can get super close to metal fences and its great in trashy areas too... so there ya go, my two cents...

Booty

thank you booty for your help ;)

also, check with Kellyco online they had a killer sale on the M6 it was listed on sale at 300 something..and I paid over 700 for mine with the 5.3 eclipse.. so check kellyco

You should go to the Tesoro link before you rule it out. I have had an MXT for about 3 years and really like it. However, out here in the mineralized West I have never found any coin past 6"-7". My next machine will be a Tesoro Vaquero. I like Tesoro's prices and lifetime warranty. We'll see what the heck happens. Good Luck.

thanks johnnycat ;) it will take her awhile to make her mind up, and its hard to tell what she will come up with, she wants a new one before spring and decent weather gets here so we will see :)

I've read a lot of good things about the m6 and own an MXT personally. However, that said, I also own 3 Tesoros, but not the DeLeon. The one thing I definitely like about the Tesoros over the MXT is the lighter weight. As a detector for your wife, the Deleon would be easier to swing for hours at a time. As to performance, I think either would do a good job for her. If possible, it might be worth your time to find a dealer or owner that would let her swing each one for a bit to see what she likes.
My two bits,
Bill

thank Bill ;) unfortunately there isn't any dealers within a 4 hour drive of us and we sure wished there was ;D

HI go to your local Metal detector shop, and see for your self. they could be on sale! I live by the beach, and the m6 is great. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Being a big Tesoro fan and owning several, the Deloen is my least favorite because it suffers from being prone to electrical interference turning it into a chattering box with a below average visual ID, if you would like to discuss it more detail PM me. I would go with the M6.
Tim

I own the M6 and have the standard / super 12 coil. Using the standard coil in the city parks, beaches, homes, etc etc, the thing is a coin vacuum! It finds them consistently deep and without much false readings. Now when I'm out in the sticks and put the super 12 on it acts a little different. For example, it will give a reading of a penny (VDI around 70's) at 2 inches then when I dig, it's actually an old pull tab beer can lid at 4 inches. That exp. is if you have the DISC set on the first preset. If you crank it up to coin only mode it really finds the coins true. So I think when you put the bigger, deeper seeking coil on it, you have to become accustom to the differences of calibration internal to the machine. Overall this machine is really good for a beginner such as myself and I think your wife will really enjoy it.

I have a Deleon and love it. MY only complaint is that it is sensitive to electrical interference. Otherwise solid machine.

I had to chose between the M6 and the Deleon when I bought my first machine, never regretted the Deleon for a second. Great machine.

I have several Tesoro's including the DeLeon. I've never had any real problem with electrical interference with the DeLeon. Maybe it's the fact that I run the sens. no higher than 6-7 and usually around 4 1/2 to 5. About the only coil I run with it is the 5.75 concentric.

From everything I've read they are both very good machines . The tesoro is probably lighter & you can pick them up on e-bay for a good bit less than the M6 . Don't really know which one is best . Probably wouldn't go wrong with either . Might read some of Easy Money's posts to see which would work best in your soil conditions .

thanks guys ;) I read all of this to the wife and she is still trying to make up her mind, as of now she is leaning toward the m6 but is not saying she is ready to buy one :-\ so her mind is not made up yet, she says we have awhile before spring so i think it will be awhile yet before she is ready ::)

Is there a place she can go to test run one or a friend that has a m6 for her to try out..tell your wife, I do fine with my m6..its not complicated like the dfx.. in all honesty, I Have found in 7 months over 1200 coins..yea most are regular clad..but I did find some silver coins..and two silver necklaces ( one a tiffany) a silver toe ring too.. and couple relics all with my m6.. seriously, I love my m6 and its a perfect starter for a newbie.. and can be used on the beach..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back