What's new

Theme of the day....irony!

Msbeepbeep

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2012
Messages
15,841
Reaction score
24,153
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bright sunny day, on my way to the park "all" the lights are green. ???
At the trashy park I actually find a clear spot to ground balance the detector. :icon_scratch:
I start finding the usual clad and trash and then there's a golf tee laying on the ground, more digging clad and a set of glowing fangs are laying on top the ground. ???
More clad digging then a plastic silver heart is just laying there. My next penny signal is under the two red cloth hearts, which are next to the purple bottle of bubbles. :icon_scratch:

Nothing old on the clad except the 1940 nickel. It's getting hot, the final signal is bouncing around in the coin range and it's deep, ok, this is coming with me!

Ten minutes later and a foot down I see a rusty metal edge...:icon_scratch: That is NOT a coin!
I dig and pry it up...it looks like a mini rusty flying saucer! ??? ??? :dontknow:
Ok, we've gone from Dark Shadows on the sunny surface finds to Alien Invasion-Gone Wrong on the buried ones! Irony in action, when you're going for the gold, and your trash is more interesting than the finds! :dontknow: :laughing7:
image.webp
Maybe someone knows what the rusty flying saucer is?
image.webp image.webp image.webp
 
Upvote 42
Oh Chris! My heart felt sympathy! If I had another working detector I'd send it over.
Maybe some strolls thru parking lots, and a little bargain hunting are in order.

I had that same dread two weeks ago when I detected over some kind of underground current making the M6 go crazy. The thought crosses my mind "what am I gonna do if I have to send it in for repair?" Flash backs of winter insanity are scary!

My next hunt, I'll find something for you. That's a long time!

Well thanks,I hope your next hunt you score a good one for yourself girl..like gold maybe,and you can keep it all to yourself.:laughing7:
 
Are you kidding! If I find gold I'm SHARING IT WITH ALL OF YOU!!!! Lol!
Bright beautiful bunches of pics!!!!
 
Thanks Sub! I thought it might be something like that. Also thought because the ball part is hollow and non magnetic, I wondered if it could have been some kind of friction plate to hold something shut.

Still think it looks neat as a UFO! :laughing7:
 
Are you kidding! If I find gold I'm SHARING IT WITH ALL OF YOU!!!! Lol!
Bright beautiful bunches of pics!!!!

Share the pics..please,the gold you can still keep for yourself.:laughing7:
 
MISS BEEP I SEE YOU HAVE FOUND YOUSELF SOME MORE SHEEP . THE SAUCER THINGY I THOUGHT WAS A BASE FOR AN OLD TRUCK LIGHT AND THE SOCKET AND ALL HAD RUSTED AND OXIDIZED BUT IM NOT SURE . NICE HERD OF SHEEP.
 
Thanks!. Yep! I've been herding a lot of surface finds lately, my Shepard's staff has a coil on the end! I'd rather mine some gold, but I'm a Shepard, for now!
 
MBB, keep up the trash removal phase of this park. The goodies really are hiding there. I have been doing a couple local ones for 3 years now and even took Whadifind to one of them. The last visit to each of them has given me a small piece of silver jewelry. I used to spend at least 15-20 minutes picking up surface junk at one before I even swung the coil when I'd go. Keep up your search...sometimes they sleep...
 
Thanks!
I do not know the answer to that, probably be rich if I did!
If pull tab jewelry ever comes into vogue all of us here are going to score BIG! :headbang:

Think it was in vogue in the late 60s or was it the early 70s kinda a tad bit before my time but in this one park opened mid 60s I think , have dug pull-tab chains there. Think its unlikely any thing gold will turn up there, have tried lots of times.
 
OD- there is a lot less trash at this park now, I actually found a "clean" spot to ground balance, that's a first! I won't be removing all the trash because they used trash furnace clean out as fill in a lot if the public areas around here. I find burnt blobs of metal from time to time. I don't think my UFO has been in a fire tho, it seems to just be rusty.

CRM- I forget where I saw it could have been on TNet a dress, belt and other things made of pull tabs. This park has seen a lot of people over a long time, so I'm hopeful gold will turn up....by then I may have for gotten what it looks like, if it wasn't for you guys! Lol!
 
I keep telling everyone. WE ARE NOT ALONE. ha ha ha
 
Lol! And here's the proof Lilliputian size rusty UFO! Guess they didn't have WD-40.
 
Just to get out and hunt makes a good hunt this time of year MSB!! HH, Q.
 
Thanks Quindy! The weather has been nice for TH'ing lately.
No mountains of snow or frozen ground! I'll take it!
The last mountain of snow finally melted in Boston July 14!
Gonna be a hot one tomorrow, I'm taking my cool tools with me; water, hat, sweat band, and ice pack wrap for my neck. Plus I'm sticking to places with shade...hope the gold is doing the same! Lol!
 
Have know idea. maybe a door stop.
 
It's a chakram that caught a canon ball mid flight...amazing what one can find these days.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom