Peg Leg wrote:
Treasure Hunting is a serious business and not for CHILDREN.
I respectfully disagree, friend Pegleg; in my opinion, treasure hunting is serious business for EVERYONE including children. Kids who are exposed to treasure hunting grow up to be adult treasure hunters.
af1733 wrote:
Everyone else has to dowse when the solar flares are right or they have a magnet in their shoe, and never when there are skeptics around, because you just can't dowse with a skeptic around putting off those negative thoughts.
I respectfully disagree, friend af1733; I have no problems with any sort of solar flares, moon phases, magnets etc, in fact the only weather type problem that gives me fits is WIND. Of course I do not dowse for treasures, only water, and the person who showed me how to do this also only searched for water, and also had no problems with any sort of solar flares, moon phases, etc.
af1733 wrote:
No one is willing to prove that dowsing works.
I must take exception to this statement as well my friend - I have ZERO problem with ANY skeptic who wants to come visit and give a "demo" of dowsing for water, and am confident that there are MANY water-dowsers out there who have
no problem with an audience. Of course again this is not treasure-dowsing, but for any skeptic who truly wants to see how water dowsing is done and if it "works" it should be NO problem to locate a local water dowser in your own area and go along with them (or have them come to your place, see if they can locate your hidden water lines etc) so I have to disagree with your statement.
I think a great deal of our differences could be settled with a 'get-together' something like the coin-shoots held by metal detecting clubs. As much as we may disagree about dowsing, we really do have common interests - such as treasure hunting! So you use a metal detector, and John Smith uses a willow branch, you use a spade while Jane Doe uses a screwdriver; we do have common interests, just differences of opinions on "what works". In my own humble opinion, if it works for you and you are HAVING FUN - then by all means use that method! After all, having FUN is the desired result of a pursuit like searching for treasures.
Oroblanco