There was a silver find today ...buying Ice cream.

gypsybandit

Feb 4, 2011
Tenn
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Was headed home after a rainy day here in Tn.. metal detecting was out and it's Saturday... darn.. I suggested we stop by a fast food chain and get a couple of ice cream sandwiches they offer... the clerk handed me the goodies then the change .. clunk.. My wife said ..that change sounds funny..like silver (taught her well).. well I look and behold I have 3 silver Quarters in change... I asked my wife give me some money quick.. I beeped the horn ..they came back to the drive through window.. something wrong? yes! MVC-112S.JPG .. I forgot to ask for change... here's a Five can I get some Quarters? Sure...here's $5.00 worth... thanks and I drove away with a hand ful of silver best silver find this month! several Ms 63 or better 1964-D's and one is a D over D .. Wow ... Gotta love the Ice Cream!
MVC-113S.JPG

Upvote 2
Are you nuts? why didn't you and your wife start going through the drive in window separately and both of you start asking for more Change? Then repeat the process until it didn't work any longer?

That's nuts. What in the hell are the odds of that ever happening? lol Congrats on a great bunch of silver!

Was headed home after a rainy day here in Tn.. metal detecting was out and it's Saturday... darn.. I suggested we stop by a fast food chain and get a couple of ice cream sandwiches they offer... the clerk handed me the goodies then the change .. clunk.. My wife said ..that change sounds funny..like silver (taught her well).. well I look and behold I have 3 silver Quarters in change... I asked my wife give me some money quick.. I beeped the horn ..they came back to the drive through window.. something wrong? yes!View attachment 653980 .. I forgot to ask for change... here's a Five can I get some Quarters? Sure...here's $5.00 worth... thanks and I drove away with a hand ful of silver best silver find this month! several Ms 63 or better 1964-D's and one is a D over D .. Wow ... Gotta love the Ice Cream!
View attachment 653981
didn't want to be greedy ... maybe the next guy will have as much fun as We Did... ha aha

I've found alot of silver in my change through the years,,,, but not a handful of quarters !!!!,,, Congrats !!!!!

Wow! Quarters are worth about $5.00 each! 5.00 X 18 = $90.00! You just turned 5 bucks into almost one hundred!:hello2:

You need to go back,I'd go back tomorrow and ask for more quarters,the clerk is not very aware of silver price today.Exellent silver finds.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back