What's new

they wouldnt let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

tinpan

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2004
Messages
4,681
Reaction score
1,593
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

went to an old factory that was demolished this morning.but i went there last night and jumped the fence last night and had a great time.the day before i asked if a could md the site and the answer was no.i thought what the hell and went back at night.got there about 2am but to my surprize there was 5 others already mding and looking for relics.i didn't know these people but there cool.the old factory was a chinese store first [1864 TO 1875] and then a foundry call higgs and son till 1940 when it was a sort of buck house for u.s troops station here till the end of the war.then a storage shed for acouple of years then empty for the last 40 years.this factory was part of the american quarter as it was known.many american owned factorys here.none remain to day.well i got coins and a large clay bowl .wash bowl i think and some coins.
tinpan. need some sleep been up all night.
 

Attachments

  • aac004.webp
    aac004.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,979
Upvote 0
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

tinpan said:
thanks for opinions on the post and for the private replys.smartin thats a point , private messages are excactly that private and you had no right to post my private message to you.the native title act is an act of parliament thus become a law and local bi-laws are not and maynot stand up in a court of law.i respect other opinions and always use good manners when replying its a shame that some donot.

tinpan
You need to check your post "found ancient relics {up to 25,000 years old} but cannot keep them "

I did not in anyway post your private message, every subject was disclosed on your post.Where do you get I posted a private message?
Smartin
? on: March 31, 2006, 09:21:39 PM
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great

Hey guys! What's happening? Did somebody BOO BOO?

dekalb33, could I rub your head? My luck has been running a little poor lately and I could sure use some.

And too, what the heck happened to THE Pete? I get nervous when he isn't commenting!
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

The Term "CAN OF WORMS" Mean Anything To Anyone ??? trk5capt...
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

hi everyone .smartin in my post and the replys on the subject of ancient relics the word offended was not mentioned.of the 2 reply that used the words bragging rights i sent a private message and the word was used.this means that others knew of the private message but you had to remind me of it.i can take a joke and fair criticism.this is the second time you have tried to character assassinate me thats not fair.i cannot change what i did the other day at the old factory and i do have a big hole in my pride and i will learn from this.this my last remark on this issue.big thanks to all the opinions on this matter
thanks paul for your positive remark. i agree "united we stand"

tinpan
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

You are the owner of what you don't say and the slave of what you say. The other five people that were there when you got there are probably members of this forum but they never told.

Just think about it; who breaks the law and then tells????? .......only you....... One thing I will give you, you where honest to tell.

well I guess we all have a pirate in us, but if its only for a hobby try not to break the law. Its not WORTH IT.

Best of the Season,

Chagy........
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

In front of the store in Missouri there were three really big lilac bushes. Almost nine feet tall. Their blooms were a deep purple and you could smell them from far away. Had a young couple stop and ask if they could cut some of the flowers. I said sure but please don't over do it. They cut about eight nice big stems of flowers. No problem. The next morning when I walked over to open the store I was sad to see that 80% of the flowers on all three bushes had been taken.
This is only one reason I detest people who trespass. So why don't all you people who thinks it's ok to tresspass tell me why someone had the right to butcher part of my landscaping. What made them so special that their wishes were more important than mine?
It's only a guess but my suspicion is that the majority of people who think it's ok to sneak on to someone elses property at night to detect are people who do not own property of their own. They are selfish individuals who wrongly believe that their wishes trump others.
Three times I've had people trespass and steal from me. Detecting property you are not allowed to be on may not be the same as breaking into a house and stealing valuables but both instances stem from the same reasoning. "I want something that is not legally mine. But I don't care. I'm taking it anyway". That is selfish, immature, and illegal. No matter how many ways you try to justify it. It's wrong. And what amazes me is how many people who metal detect think it's ok to break the law.
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

slow sweeper said:
In front of the store in Missouri there were three really big lilac bushes. Almost nine feet tall. Their blooms were a deep purple and you could smell them from far away. Had a young couple stop and ask if they could cut some of the flowers. I said sure but please don't over do it. They cut about eight nice big stems of flowers. No problem. The next morning when I walked over to open the store I was sad to see that 80% of the flowers on all three bushes had been taken.
This is only one reason I detest people who trespass. So why don't all you people who thinks it's ok to tresspass tell me why someone had the right to butcher part of my landscaping. What made them so special that their wishes were more important than mine?
It's only a guess but my suspicion is that the majority of people who think it's ok to sneak on to someone elses property at night to detect are people who do not own property of their own. They are selfish individuals who wrongly believe that their wishes trump others.
Three times I've had people trespass and steal from me. Detecting property you are not allowed to be on may not be the same as breaking into a house and stealing valuables but both instances stem from the same reasoning. "I want something that is not legally mine. But I don't care. I'm taking it anyway". That is selfish, immature, and illegal. No matter how many ways you try to justify it. It's wrong. And what amazes me is how many people who metal detect think it's ok to break the law.

This is a great post. As a property owner I think you hit the nail on the head. Lots of my hard-earned money goes to purchasing property just to see others think they can do as they please. Nothing is more irritating. It is nice to see so many on this site who respect this.
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

I must say I see both sides of the issue; however THing and MDing are about adventure in my opinion. Tinpan had an excellent little adventure so congratulations. There was clearly no harm nor foul, only history brought back to the surface.......
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

Great discussion - I would like to know whether the person who told Tin Pan "No" was the owner, or just a construction foreman/mid-level manager-type who thought he was in charge and doing the right thing. The "No" may have just come from some guy who was jealous and wished he had a metal detector but did not think of it first. To me that would make a big difference.

It's a judgment call, and I think I trust your judgment, TinPan. This is, after all, an exciting hobby, and the lure of a potential great find can be irresistible. Just be careful.
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

What if some of the plugs were from inhabitants of the andromeda galaxy and they were trying to find the true metal detectorists so that they might return to their home planet with them and together search for the hidden artifacts of gabunga 6 ?

I know of a group of men who didn't obey the laws of the land. (thankyou founding fathers). Not all laws are just. Whether or not Tinpan broke the law I applaud his pirate spirit. YARRRRR
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

I'm not going to argue with the few who do not care about our hobby.. Do what you want... Because when more and more laws are passed banning spots for those of us who obey the law we can look back at the few who ruined it for us...

Read rule number 2 on this site, hopefully it will sink in with a few..

http://www.fmdac.org/about/codeofethics.htm
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

To boldly go where no one has gone before! Thats how good stuff is found! Careful jumping fences, invest in wire cutters. ;)
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

Man, this is a touchy subject. Personally, if I had been told no, I wouldn't have done it. I would probably wait till the next day and went by to see if someone was there to ask again. As we all know, every place is not hunted out. Those few people who did sneek in didn't find everything. If I was told no again, I would go on to a place I know I had permission to hunt. This is just what I would do in the same situation.
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

By the way.

Some nice coins there Tinpan.
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

Anyone here ever go over the Speed Limit??? BAD BAD ....BOY and Girls!

Again, I think it was a liability thing...Not like they had a night watchman for a building area about to be demolished! Just if anyone got hurt, they can say I told you so!

Yes, Nice finds!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

This type of topic has been on here many times. Each time it gets this result. More old coins found! ;)
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

Si nce everyone is here..thought i would say hello as a newbie and wish everyone happy hunting including our

dear friend Tinpan who in my mind only followed the ancient Roman adage.."SEIZE THE DAY"....gather ye rosebuds while ye may...(as long as no one gets hurt and you don't mind absorbing a little bad karma for taking stuff from what is essentialy, another man's property)...Talk about straddling the fence but thats my take and i'm sticking to it!
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

hey souljour, thanks for reply and welcome.i am swinging in the wind because they hung me for my crime,mit be here for a while

tinpan
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

Now we are starting to see who is pro- archie.
 
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

If there is a no trespassing sign on a piece of land that is under construction, and there is no one around, I will go ahead and do a little metal detecting.

If someone comes up and ask me to leave, I will leave and will not go back.

If there is someone around the land I want to detect, I would ask that person if I could do a little metal detecting, if the person is the owner and say no, I will not go back.

If the person is not the owner I would drive by the property until I find someone who would either allow or not allow me to metal detect.

The most important thing to me is the NO TRESPASSING notice, if there is such a sign I will not tresspass.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom