Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

went to an old factory that was demolished this morning.but i went there last night and jumped the fence last night and had a great time.the day before i asked if a could md the site and the answer was no.i thought what the hell and went back at night.got there about 2am but to my surprize there was 5 others already mding and looking for relics.i didn't know these people but there cool.the old factory was a chinese store first [1864 TO 1875] and then a foundry call higgs and son till 1940 when it was a sort of buck house for u.s troops station here till the end of the war.then a storage shed for acouple of years then empty for the last 40 years.this factory was part of the american quarter as it was known.many american owned factorys here.none remain to day.well i got coins and a large clay bowl .wash bowl i think and some coins.
tinpan. need some sleep been up all night.

Attachments

• aac004.jpg
    aac004.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,928
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

What if......

What if you knew for absolute sure that just inside that fence was a buried box that contained five gold bars..............just barely under the surface.......and the next morning it was going to be paved over?

Would that change anyones minds? ;) just wondering...............

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great

John in FL said:
If a man jumped a fence of a condemned building to save a child in a fire would he be a hero or scum. You be the judge, its the same thing.

You have suceeded in taking this from the realm of the informative to the realm of the ludicrous.
Congradulations.
Firstly and most obviously, saving a childs life and tresspassing for personal enrichment are two different things.
Secondly, it can be presumed one wouldn't need, or have the opportunity to, ask the owners permission, as in this case, and if they did, they wouldn't be told "no".
The ends did not justify the means in the OP.
In your ridiculous analogy, they most certainly would have.

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

Well Gypsy I think the vast majority of us would climb that fence in your scenario. But there are two sides to every coin.

What if you knew for sure that after climbing that fence you would find nothing of any real value. You knew for sure you would be prosecuted for trespassing and after being found guilty you were fined $1000.00.

Would THAT change anyones minds?

Z

ZumbroKid

hollowpointred said:
Michigan Badger said:
I just got this great idea. 8)

Why don't we all see if we can make this the longest post in TreasureNet history?

What do you think about fences? :P

im game! i didnt really have anything to say on the subject,but heres my post!! ;D
Good luck on the longest thread in treasure hunting history. I have created it already, and it is continuing to grow. But it is a constructive one. ;)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey, Just checking in!!
This is better than the Illegal Immigration Debate :)
Maybe we should let CNN in on this!!! OK...Ok...Bad Idea!

And Yes' I would be over that fence in a heartbeat for those gold bars! :))

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No Tinpan!, You can't jump this fence! The Owner said so!!! ;D
Everyone needs to take a Chill Pill!
As those famous words go... Can't we all just get along!
Thought this would make some people smile just a little today!! :)

Anyway, Everyone have a nice day and keep swinging! Dave

Attachments

• CCI00011.JPG
    CCI00011.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 406

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great

old news , gold bars etc in "the great debate" bomber started days ago...idea everyone drop this P.C. boorish thread TP doesn't need to justify what he did only the mistake he made by telling the truth"people don't like the truth"so i think he learned a lesson for hoping for some positive input ,instead he got a kangaroo court(sorry bob keeshan) so hop of the soap box kids, hes a man that can make his own decisions..blah blah blah in advance to protecting the hobby image remarks....go grab some guns from legal owners,outlaw smoking in public or chain yourself to a 1,000 year old tree thats going to be cut down or some other nonesense ...something worth while

Z

ZumbroKid

Dave N Japan said:
No Tinpan!, You can't jump this fence! The Owner said so!!! ;D
Everyone needs to take a Chill Pill!
As those famous words go... Can't we all just get along!
Thought this would make some people smile just a little today!! :)

Anyway, Everyone have a nice day and keep swinging! Dave
This fence no problemo I pretend I am from Mexico!

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi everyone i will never JUMP a fence again and kangaroos can HOP OVER a 2 and a half metre, now thats an idea. only joking but there is a law that allows people to dig on public land as long as fill the hole.tunneling that sounds like a good idea.but sound like too much hard work once again only joking

tinpan i saw a great place to hunt to day mit try later in the week and yes no fences and i am allowed

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500

Wow...can't believe I read all of that. Damn.

Well, some of you had good points...others not so good.

As far as the personal property thing brought up by many...I agree as I am a personal land owner of 25 acres in Southeast Michigan and my family has a 300 acre farm a few miles away. I could not count high enough to judge how many times people have trespassed on my property and how many times I have kicked people off. Especially around hunting season as there are many deerhunters, like myself, here in Michigan. Does it piss me off? Hell yes it does. I hate tresspassers and thieves more than anything else, but that is probably because I have to deal with trespassers frequently and because my house has been broken into before and my coin and zippo collection were stolen. However, this is different than that.

Personally, I always ask permission. If I am told no then I will leave and may or may not decide to come back later and try to get permission again. However, if many of us were Tinpan we would have left. However, it doesn't sound like Tinpan was going to get another chance to detect it or gain permission later as the site was to be detroyed. Does that make it right? No. Does it give a bad name to detectorists? Maybe.

But, you must all see that Tinpan can't be all bad. A thing I know well about trespassers and thieves is that THEY DO NOT ASK PERMISSION. At least Tinpan asked. Sure they said no, but by asking it shows that Tinpan started out doing the right thing. NOw I am sure that Tinpan doesn't do this kind of thing everyday and am pretty sure that if HELL exists...he is NOT going to go there for that offense. There are much worse things that can happen to you in life and I am sure we have all done worse things than that.

Who we kiddin? I was an All-A student in high school, graduated college with two bachelor's degrees last May and have never been in trouble with the law for anything. Point is I am not a bad kid. But you know what...I have done worse things that was Tinpan did. We all make mistakes. Like him, I just didn't get caught doing the things I knew were wrong. And I am gald I didn't get caught because I haven't done that many thigns that were all that bad. I am sure Tinpan does not break the law everyday either. If he did he would have already gotten caught. The more times you do things that are wrong or unlawful...the more likely you are to get caught doing them. It CHANCE...pure and simple.

So maybe Tinpan made a choice that most of us would not have made, but the reason he is being criticized is because he chose to wrote about it on here. If everyone wrote a new post and put the bad things they have done on there I am sure you would also get many replies as to how bad of a person they are. So let's just all remember that nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, and we shouldn't be so quick to judge others when we all know that we have made our share of mistakes.

Deerhunter24

P.S. Jumping over a fence to save anyone's life and jumping over a fence to go metal detecting are two completely different things. Why???

Cause in the first instance you are putting someone else's life before your own and hopefully for altruistic means. That is...you are not expecting any glory for saving that person's life. You are doing it because you know that it is the right thing to do.

However, if you are jumping a fence to do some detecting, you are doing it because you don't have the legal right to just walk right in. You are jumping the fence and know it's the wrong thing to do.

PSS- Keep on beepin Tinpan. Even though I wouldn't have done the same thing, those of some nice finds. Standing liberty quarters don't come around everyday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread