Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

went to an old factory that was demolished this morning.but i went there last night and jumped the fence last night and had a great time.the day before i asked if a could md the site and the answer was no.i thought what the hell and went back at night.got there about 2am but to my surprize there was 5 others already mding and looking for relics.i didn't know these people but there cool.the old factory was a chinese store first [1864 TO 1875] and then a foundry call higgs and son till 1940 when it was a sort of buck house for u.s troops station here till the end of the war.then a storage shed for acouple of years then empty for the last 40 years.this factory was part of the american quarter as it was known.many american owned factorys here.none remain to day.well i got coins and a large clay bowl .wash bowl i think and some coins.
tinpan. need some sleep been up all night.

Attachments

• aac004.jpg
    aac004.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,928
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

more pic

Attachments

• aab001.jpg
    aab001.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,926
  • aac001.jpg
    aac001.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,920

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

hmm...might wanna edit in a coupla 'hypotheticalys'...and/or....just kiddings???
Nice finds:)

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.

nice finds...what did the other people find?

R

rvbvetter

You didn't just find some coins. You found some great coins!!! WTG!!! HH

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice Chinese coins...Probably one of the last type that they made with the square hole in the middle of it after hundreds of years with with it. Way to go!

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great coins! Tsgman

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great

tin ,we would get along famously, i like your style ;D

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is not good! There are plenty of great places to hunt through out the country that for the few coins you guys found, you have the ask your self ! Is it worth getting arrested , paying for an attorney or even paying a fine for a few trinkets....Plus the going out in the middle of the night and losing sleep.....Think about it! Hunt those other sites ....You will have a better time............................?????

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi everyone ,firstly the only reason i was not allowed to md the old factory was for safety reasons and the factory is gone tonight and will be a public car park next week.i went there to enjoy my hobbie with no intent to cause harm or trouble.so thats a crime,well i do not think so.i also think i that you are entitled to you opinions and respect this.but this occasion your view is a harsh judgement on me.the laws are different here to yours.on a positive note i do understand what your saying.thanks for replys and happy hunting.

tinpan

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,

i think that would have been a tough call, do I don't I? nice coinage though.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I don't normally like to reply to what will likely become a very controversial hot topic, but I feel compelled to respond to this one for the sake of the metal detecting community.
I know it's sometimes hard to overcome the urge to detect in such a place because of the chances for finding some really good stuff. Often times I feel the same way. I would like to believe that you are fairly new to this hobby and maybe don't know how long and hard many of us fought to keep places open to everyone.
There can be a number of reasons that they wouldn't let you detect there. Since it is a demolished building site, my guess would be injury liability reasons. You really need to respect this for your own safety. Many times I have seen construction sites that I would love to detect, but I can also understand why it is prohibited.
Please take the advice from a guy who has been around the block. Don't detect places that are off limits. This action gives us all a very bad reputation.
I know that good sites can sometimes be hard to come by but with a little effort you can do it.
HH

BK

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tinpan, IF I remember right, Your in Australia ?

You said "the laws are different here to yours"
probably in some areas this is true.
Here, it sounds like Your Laws are pretty close to the Laws Here
Where I live.
Here, TRESPASSING means refusing to leave when asked,
or Entering a Building without Legal right.
like a Business when Closed & Locked. or Home.
Of course I'd probably be Hauled away for Detecting on someones Lawn Without Permission, but I'm almost positive if I
Helped myself to the County Courthouse Lawn, If not Ignored, I'd be Asked to Leave Rather then Arrested.

As Far as Construction Sites, I have Gotten the "I can't give you Permission, But If I see you There I'm not going to Stop" Response.

I Don't Know your Whole Conversation, So I don't Know if this was
Inferred. Therefore I won't Judge you. Besides, as you said, Laws are Different there.

But IF I was told No, With no Hints of him Meaning,
"YES BUT I DIDN'T SAY THAT" attitude.
I Wouldn't Personally Have the Guts.

No Judgements here, You Just have to Realize,
Every Action, As 2 Opinions on it.

Happy Hunting !
Jeff

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Ditto BK.....temptation sometimes get the best of us all. I think alot of folks are guilty of "pushing it" a time or two. But...it's like window shopping....you really, really want it, but good folks wouldn't throw a rock through the window to satisfy our desire to have it. The law is the law! I'm thankful that we have them :)

Enjoy your treasure!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks for replys the factory was sold to the local govenment thus becoming public land. under the local law "access to public land" all persons will have unrestricted access to public land for recreational purposes"you do need a permit to md which i have and then when they so you can't for other reasons.that just crazy. i will think twice about doing it again but i got to say it was so much fun.happy hunting and good luck

tinpan

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Nice finds. ;D It was a good choice you jumped the fence. Were you surprised other people where there and they were detecting?? I think it would be hard to detect at night. But it probably was worth it. What did the other people find?

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

u do what u gotta do brother,theres a wee bit of rogue in all of us

S

southbound

Congrats on the nice finds Tinpan.
Vern

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon

When I was in my youth I would have done the same thing. But as I got older and wiser I realized it was better to respect other peoples property as I wish others would respect mine. If a property owner does not give you permission to detect and you do it any way it shows selfishness and immaturity. Of course that's just my opinion.
And whether you want to believe it or not it DOES reflect badly on the hobby of metal detecting as a whole.
But everyone makes their own decisions in life. And then has to live with those decisions.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BAD,BAD wait till your mother's find outalong with the 5 others who DID the same thing, this is rediculous. he wasnt "caught breaking any law" if any, leave the auzzie be...next time tin dont mention scaling the walled fortress of dome...how borishly P.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread