Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

went to an old factory that was demolished this morning.but i went there last night and jumped the fence last night and had a great time.the day before i asked if a could md the site and the answer was no.i thought what the hell and went back at night.got there about 2am but to my surprize there was 5 others already mding and looking for relics.i didn't know these people but there cool.the old factory was a chinese store first [1864 TO 1875] and then a foundry call higgs and son till 1940 when it was a sort of buck house for u.s troops station here till the end of the war.then a storage shed for acouple of years then empty for the last 40 years.this factory was part of the american quarter as it was known.many american owned factorys here.none remain to day.well i got coins and a large clay bowl .wash bowl i think and some coins.
tinpan. need some sleep been up all night.

Attachments

• aac004.jpg
    aac004.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,928
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

As of right now there has been 1,674 forum members that have viewed your post.

To me that means 1,674 possible witnesses at your trial.

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great pics

I am in a detecting club and we follow strict guide lines and ethics.Every year it becomes more difficult to get onto suitable detecting locations for outings. Regular places of old where we have been before are being closed to us some reasons given tresspass, damage done by thoughtless non member detectorists ,vandalism, robbery, insurance and beuracratic bs. We want to promote our hobby and not put it at risk, no means no in our club and any member acting otherwise would be scorned. I dont know where Tin pan is but his finds are not Australian the coins have Indian heads on them. I know he has had a fair bashing on this forum but it will also show other detectorists who might do this sort of thing on a regular basis how the majority of detectorists think.
'SAD' seeya Neilo >:(

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi epihunter.i wasn't going to make any more posts on this issue but after reading your reply i couldnot help myself.first i didnot cut a hole in anyones fence and the place i mded was an old factory site not used for forty years and my intent was not damage or hurt anyone.so your a REAL MAN,you mentioned the gun bit but left the bit about how much beer you can drink, how many woman you went out with and how many heads you punched.i feel sorry for the people who made fair criticism on what i did .i am glad your not on my side.first learn to read all facts and there is help for your REAL MAN ISSUE. now i will go back to swinging in the wind in the hunging tree.

tinpan

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hey neilo,im am an australian and my objective was to find american coins here. large number of americans came to australian gold rushs between 1851 to 1950's and many americans where stationed here during the 2 world war.

tinpan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Maybe we should call Dr. Phil!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: they wouldn't let me md, so i jumped thr fence after they left.it was great

This is a real no brainer actually.
You either have respect for private property and owners rights, or your don't.
Being told specifically "no", then disregarding this clear presentation of wishes is clearly wrong - And I don't imagine many here practising/advocating/condoning this type of juvenile behavior would like it if someone flaunted their owners rights in the same fashion.
Comparing this to "the founding of the USA" is obviously patently ridiculous, and even speeding tickets/jaywalking or other minor transgressions of the law are too as, first of all, these are not calculated offences, and secondly they do not violate any personal owners rights.
Its a slippery slope, ladies and gents, and once you justify something in your own mind as being right that you know is wrong, you'll keep right on doing it until some perhaps very negative consequences flow from it.
tinpan, you seem like a guy who can take constructive critism, and I wouldn't at all classify you as a azz for doing something wrong, once. Put yourself in the owners shoes, and take it from there.
As a construction worker myself, I am well aware of the potential dangers of some of these sites, and the liability of having unauthorized persons on the premises. We are used to this and aware, and in fact have to undergo hours long safety courses before we even set foot on construction sites, even those of us who have been doing it for years.
Its not enough to say "well if something happened to me, then thats my fault".
The owner could potentially face criminal charges for not having the property properly secured and/or patrolled, and very likely a heavy fine.
Really, there is enough public land out there so as to avoid trespassing for a shot at a few trinkets.
To those renegades who, like a child in front of a cookie jar, just can't resist ... Well, I hope you get caught and have your equipment confiscated. I would not wish injury or worse on anyone.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Right or Wrong...Only tinpan is there...
And speeding does kill thousands of people a year! Not a minor thing, Not ridiculous and is calculated..The speed sign is posted!
I know Apples to Oranges, Just won't say it is ridiculous! Just a Observation!

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois

I have been reading this post now for a while. I think I would like to say something . The first thing I noticed is the first person to complain is the same person who always has negative posts on this site. Check out "kidrock" post to see what I mean. Then there are the ones from another site who have been trashing another on this post. I think you could have just said he used profanity and threatend other members instead of trying to influence others of what you think of him.(just for your info. I hunt cemeteries.) If this is how you run your site Thanks but no thanks on joining your site. Do we all know that Tinpan tresspassed YES. Do we need to get on our High Horses and lecture him with our views on this subject NO. I would not have personally done it, but thats my choice. I am not on this site to pass judgement on someone. Have I ever hunted any ground without permission. Yes sorry I am not a Saint. I hope I don't have to hang with Tinpan for that. As for speeding not being a calculated offense I think I will try that explanation next time I am pulled over. And for putting this as the reason for not being allowed to hunt peoples property, get real people either will or wont let you. Its that simple. Lets get back to why this is a great site and leave the lectures off the posts.

Z

ZumbroKid

Someone posted how many ladies they have been with? Women call a guy like that EASY! ;)

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)

I think its a liability issue also.My wife works for a large lawyer firm, they have two large plots of land up the street from our house. I ask her to ask and get written permission to let me hunt there. Holy cow you would of thought she was gonna pull one of his teeth out. He was obviously worried about me getting hurt. He stated they didn't have the insurance to cover and incident like that. He did give me permission to hunt one day, with the date written on the paper. Yes it rained all day that day. I think had I known it would of been like that might of just went ahead and hunted the land, as there are no posted signs saying stay off. People Cut through all the time walking home. But now that Ive ask, its a different story. I think I will try the waiver route this time.
Great finds, I hope u didn't hurt your self climbing over the fence. Shame on you, you could of dropped your detector and broke it. Did you remember to bring a rope to lower it to the ground. I'm not saying you did right and I'm not saying you did wrong. You did what needed to be done, to GET_ER_Done. Also have you had any luck over there with finding gold. Ive read over the years of big nugget finds there. I think Ive read your name on another forum.
Mike

Z

ZumbroKid

Funny thing about these soapbox speakers on what is right and what is wrong, I've wondered about those old laws still on the books. In LaCrosse Wi, any find of $3 or more in value by law is to be turned into the police department. Most towns and cities have these types of laws still on there books. So if you find a ring the scrap value of over $3 you are suppose to turn it in. Then you can file a claim on it. If no one claims it in 90 days it is yours. Also any clad finds when spent are then taxable income according to the IRS. Now i'm wondering if the ranks of the ones who think the fence jumper was breaking the law, have thin out some? ;)

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lucky1777 said:
Then there are the ones from another site who have been trashing another on this post. I think you could have just said he used profanity and threatend other members instead of trying to influence others of what you think of him.(just for your info. I hunt cemeteries.) If this is how you run your site Thanks but no thanks on joining your site.

Well, you would have had to been there to have a valid opinion on the matter.
I am not "from another site". I am a member of 5 MD'ing sites at the moment, and have been involved with this one nearly a year, same with the others.
The guy is a plain ass, pure n simple. Your entitled to your view, I'm entitled to mine.
Hes acting like a wounded angel now for the benefit of those like you who have never seen his forum antics.
You didn't seem to go too far out of your way to point out that it was him who started it off by trashing "the other site".
So much for objectivity - I'm not trying to influence anyone, just stating facts as I know them.
As for you hunting cemetaries, whatever with that. I wouldn't advise bragging about it, ot starting threads asking peoples opinions about it.

As for speeding not being a calculated offense I think I will try that explanation next time I am pulled over. And for putting this as the reason for not being allowed to hunt peoples property, get real people either will or wont let you. Its that simple.

You actually think that exceeding the speed limit on public roads, and trespassing on private property after being specifically told NO are one in the same ? I won't even ask you to explain that logic, and won't attempt to clarify mine any further.
As for your last, I don't see what difference it makes to you whether people will or won't let you detect their property, since you are apparently advocating doing it regardless.
Why even ask, then ? Mear formality, right ?

Lets get back to why this is a great site and leave the lectures off the posts.

So says the man just getting done with a lecture of his own.
I have nothing against some freindly give and take. You can drop the holier than thou routine, though.
You are guarenteed a controversial thread bragging about illegal/immoral exploits on most any forum, and it won't do you much good stating that people shouldn't voice their opinion about it.
That is the business of mods.

Z

ZumbroKid

Someone has posted there are many other sites to hunt. They are so correct! In fact there is a friend of mine over on Treasure Quest who has a thread in the research section. The thread is called, "50,000 Treasure sites for all"! Your all welcome to check it out and post a request for info on your home counties, include the state you are from. Info that could be discovered is Ghost towns, battle sites, outlaw loot (old stuff, not what we find by jumping fences, just joking) just about anything of interest related to treasure. Course this friend of mine just happens to be little old Free2Dtect. Maybe you can find the elusive gold coin! Happy hunting all. ;)
P.S. a word of warning Treasure Quest does not allow petty squabbling. You must behave there!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff,
You know I'm just having fun at your expense. ;D :-*

I heard there is also a plea regarding trespassing that is kind of like even though it was posted it was considered something that drew you to it.. Just can't remember what the official term is "Public...?" something or other. 8)

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

zoyboy said:
Xray, you don't know me, and you never will, so don't be assuming anything. I am done responding to anything pertaining to my character or any other person's.

Nuff said, I'm done too.
I was responding to your defenders who have not seen your conduct on other forums - I trust you will dig your own grave here soon enough, as before.
I'll ignore ya like you don't exist, and request you do the same for me.

B

Bill_Pickle

Ah! the pig-tailed quidding pirates and the pretty pranks we played,
All have since been put a stop to by the naughty Board of Trade;
The schooners and the merry crews are laid away to rest,
A little south the sunset in the Islands of the Blest.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coinshooter said:
Jeff,
You know I'm just having fun at your expense. ;D :-*

;D ;D
YEP CS I knew, But, It also made me Realize someone May have really read my comments that way :D :D
Figured I better Cover my Butt
:P

coinshooter said:
I heard there is also a plea regarding trespassing that is kind of like even though it was posted it was considered something that drew you to it.. Just can't remember what the official term is "Public...?" something or other. 8)

Sort of like leaving the Keys in a car, or the Engine Running ? :D

There Ya Go !

the Libral Cry for Justice ;D

"Your land was in my view of sight, You should have made it impossable
for me to see it through the fence" :P

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Personally, I can't believe this post is still running!

Slow down and hunt man! ;D

Z

ZumbroKid

Michigan Badger said:
Personally, I can't believe this post is still running!

Slow down and hunt man! ;D
It was going strong sunday during church hours. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread