What's new

Thin silver coin?

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this and almost thought it was a tabtop.
It is very thin silver and measures 5/8 inch in diameter.

TIA Merf
 

Attachments

  • RSCN0633.webp
    RSCN0633.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 413
  • RSCN0631.webp
    RSCN0631.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 397
If its a coin, Ironpatch will get it. ;D

The first pic looks like it begins with an S and ends with er. Also a u in between.

The other side has numbers.
 
Upvote 0
Looks familiar but :dontknow:

Maybe Dutch?
 
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
Merf:
Did you find it in the States?
Don.....






Yes-- I found it at an old homestead site.
 
Upvote 0
I won't say one of a kind, but it's sure a short mint run on this one. It's a 1 Stuiver from Curacao(Netherlands Antilles) and according to Krause was only minted one year, 1822. Congrats on a rare one!
 

Attachments

  • curacao3.webp
    curacao3.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 411
  • curacao4.webp
    curacao4.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
If its a coin, Ironpatch will get it. ;D

The first pic looks like it begins with an S and ends with er. Also a u in between.

The other side has numbers.


Wouldn't have got it just looking, but would have if I put in the time because I would have thought Stuiver, and do have the Krause. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Fast_Dave said:
I won't say one of a kind, but it's sure a short mint run on this one. It's a 1 Stuiver from Curacao(Netherlands Antilles) and according to Krause was only minted one year, 1822. Congrats on a rare one!
:icon_thumleft:

Nice ID :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Fast_Dave said:
I won't say one of a kind, but it's sure a short mint run on this one. It's a 1 Stuiver from Curacao(Netherlands Antilles) and according to Krause was only minted one year, 1822. Congrats on a rare one!








Thanks Dave :thumbsup: Greatly appreciated.


Thanks to all for the responses.
 
Upvote 0
Fast_Dave said:
I won't say one of a kind, but it's sure a short mint run on this one. It's a 1 Stuiver from Curacao(Netherlands Antilles) and according to Krause was only minted one year, 1822. Congrats on a rare one!
Great ID. I couldnt google it because I didnt see the t. I had most of the other letters. If I was smart enough I would have tried all the common letters that follow S. But I thought the next letter was a vowel. :P The closest I got was Seumer.
 
Upvote 0
I cheated a bit, used the guide in Krause that lists denominations of coins and found the ones that start with an S and end in ER. I figured from the 1 that the word was the value of the coin. Then checked each country til I found the match.
 
Upvote 0
Great ID and sweet find :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom