What's new

✅ SOLVED Thingamajig (missing jig?)

Georgivs

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2018
Messages
1,016
Reaction score
2,321
Golden Thread
0
Location
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friends own an antique store and they brought out this thing when I told them about this forum. I told them I'd post it and give you guys a shot at the ID. Thanks for looking!

whatzit.webp
 
Can you look up the patent number officially?
It could have been mounted as a sign on virtually anything.
 
Upvote 0
That's easy! It's a Washington Quarter :D
 
Upvote 0
It's what's known as a "dental flask". Used for casting false teeth when filled with plaster of Paris.
 
Upvote 0
Here's the drawing from the patent... referred to therein as "dentist's flask":

Dental Flask.webp
 
Upvote 0
Here's the drawing from the patent... referred to therein as "dentist's flask":

View attachment 1809377

Crazy! I knew you guys would come through. I can totally see its teeth shaped now! He's going to flip out when I tell him. Been over 5 years he's been asking folks about it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom