Thinking about getting a Tejon

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using the At Pro and was looking for another detector for relic hunting. Have read a lot of good things about the Tejon and it's depth on relics but was wondering how well they performed in red clay and how well it separates in targets. Would like to try a detector that doesn't have a screen so that I don't rely on numbers as much and the lifetime warranty is a big plus as well. Any input would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as seperation, the Tejon is very good and fast. Pinpoints nice and tight as well. For your clay question, I cannot answer as I have not hunted the clay.
Hopefully someone can answer your clay question and if favorable, this is an excellent detector. I have an ID detector myself, but I really enjoy the Tejon. They each have their place, but The weight and capability of the Tejon is awsome.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to have the Tejon, it's a very good detector and read deep. I didn't like the fact that it didn't have a meter and could never get used to it in junky areas; I'd prefer to see the conductivity/ferrous content of my targets on a graph or meter so I sold it. It's personal preference of course, some people don't like meters.

It did great in north ga clay, I was digging mini balls deep.

If you can deal with no meter, it's worth the money.

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Tennessee and war worried about the mineralization would affect the depth. Not having a meter wouldn't bother me to much as I only use it for depth and hunt by sound. Thanks for the info

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't go wrong with the Tejon.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Freddie , Chattanooga has had a long running relationship with Tesoro for over 30 years. Jack Gifford , owner of Tesoro used to send prototype detectors to be tested by Hickory Valley Detectors. ( now closed ) Many of Chattanooga's best known hunters used Tejons. Go for it !

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your input looks like I will be ordering one in a few weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread