What's new

Thinking of Selling

usatc

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My 40%'s today and use the money to up my order at my local bank where they love me. Question is, are there any 40%'s that I should keep (if they are in very good condition or nicely toned vs. the average which saw alot of wear)? I think I am going to get about $3.90-$.405 ish, depending on where silver is tonight.
 
Upvote 0
I sell them all as soon as I accumate a roll. They take up space and $. Sounds like you get a good price for 40's, my local dealer (I've never sold to him) pays $1 ea, regardless if Ag is at $12, or $30.
 
I watch CNBC all the time.. silver will be back up to $30 later in the year or perhaps higher. In looking at the chart, silver and gold are going back up. I wouldn't sell unless you have to. I've kept the vast majority of my stash for an emergency or rainy day fund.
 
fistfulladirt said:
I sell them all as soon as I accumate a roll. They take up space and $. Sounds like you get a good price for 40's, my local dealer (I've never sold to him) pays $1 ea, regardless if Ag is at $12, or $30.

$1???
my dealer paid me $7 on the dollar for 40%ers 2 weeks ago (silver was $27/oz).
i wonder how much your dealer sells them for. i will buy all the 40%ers he has for $3 NOW.
with melt value at a little more than $4.30 each, anything less than 3.50 is a joke.

if u have like 10 rolls or more, try to sell them at coin shows. last time silver was 29 dealers were paying 70-74 bucks a roll.
 
I went ahead and bit the bullet and sold at an even $4 per 40%er. I ordered one last big lot of halves before I paid some bills and the entire lot came in hand-wrapped from Brinks. I got one of the 10 boxes they had there and it was a straight skunk. My teller mentioned that he talked to them b/c he was upset they were not brinks wrapped and they said that was pretty much what they had on hand. So it appears for the time being my bank is out of halves and I got to look elsewhere. By the way, I sold about 340 40%'s so at least I have that money to roll back into halves (assuming I find another bank not served by Brinks).

Oh, but after that I asked the teller if he had any rolls and after he asked why I wanted them b/c somebody had already gone through them I told him I'd take them just the same... got 1 40% out of 4 rolls so at least I have the first 40% to start my new collection!

HH!
 
yonico said:
fistfulladirt said:
I sell them all as soon as I accumulate a roll. They take up space and $. Sounds like you get a good price for 40's, my local dealer (I've never sold to him) pays $1 ea, regardless if Ag is at $12, or $30.

$1???
my dealer paid me $7 on the dollar for 40%ers 2 weeks ago (silver was $27/oz).
i wonder how much your dealer sells them for. i will buy all the 40%ers he has for $3 NOW.
with melt value at a little more than $4.30 each, anything less than 3.50 is a joke.

if u have like 10 rolls or more, try to sell them at coin shows. last time silver was 29 dealers were paying 70-74 bucks a roll.
Yoni, I agree. My dealer is making a killing. Your's is not. My dealer also has about 6 employees on a payroll. He's also the only game in town. Like I said, I've never sold him anything. Some people are lazy, and will not shop for best price. That's what he's counting on.
His sell price is always higher than melt, and the junk silver leaves his store as fast as it comes in. ffd
 
silver spoon said:
sell them now!Im very serious!i heard some stuff today.im selling all my silver and gold tommorow...
Stuff?
Would appreciate if you elaborate!
 
Yea and put on your hard hat in case the sky is falling. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom