What's new

Thinnest Gold Wedding Band I Ever Found

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
1,306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local beach today that has been sanded in and hunted out. Got only 4 coins and the thinnest wedding band I have ever found. Sounded like foil on my old Excalibur. Ring tested at 18kt. gold and weighs 0.3 gr.
Friday I found 2 silver. 1 Tiffany square ring and a ladies Topaz with CZ's
 

Attachments

  • Thin 001.webp
    Thin 001.webp
    158.5 KB · Views: 844
  • Thin 002.webp
    Thin 002.webp
    187.4 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 0
Awsome finds..
 
herb n surf said:
Those rings can not hide from you-- Real nice Les .congratulations !!!

I'll bet the rings looked really nice in the bottom of the scoop.
 
Thin Gold ring

I am glad I found this post. I found a similiar ring, excepet it was right in the middle of a farm field, although a brick yard set there in the early 1900's but also used earlier as a path by Indians . At first I was not really sure if it was a ring or a piece of cut pipe, as it was not quite the same width (on the face) all the way around. But, it shined up like gold, and was very very thin. It has already broken into two pieces, much to thin for a peice of piping. There are no marking inside.
Lee
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom