What's new

Third Rev War button this week

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these this morning in the same corn field. The melted pieces are copper. Large copper is smooth. I sure was happy to see that 64 come out of the hole. I've barely started gridding the field. I'll hit it every day I can. The second pic is the 3 buttons found this week. good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0238.webp
    DSC_0238.webp
    101 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0237.webp
    DSC_0237.webp
    126.3 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 56
Is it me or isn't that a banner find/s Three 64 buttons?
Was wondering the same thing myself? congratulations again Trapper, completely awesome man!
 
Great finds. Grid the field and maybe the next guy will not need to.
 
Congrats Art! Good looking finds. Do you date the heel plate from the mid-19th century?
 
Damn nice finds,I'm really hoping to find one of those someday
Great job. Hh gl
 
Civil War relic sites identify heel plates similarly to yours as military issue. Other evidence shows that such a plate was found on lady's 19th century footware. The only one I ever dug came from close to streetside along western edge of Wyman Park in Baltimore.
 
Those are great looking buttons! One day I sure hope to get my coil over one like that. :)
 
Kool streak digger , keep it goin' !
 
Congrats on adding another 64th to your collection. Get in there as much as possible, crops may be going in soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom