What's new

this beauty popped out of the box just as is (MORE CLOSE UP PICS)

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
considering the age I'm amazed

Th close ups are a littel pixilated and probably not much help
 

Attachments

  • 100_3951.webp
    100_3951.webp
    63.7 KB · Views: 794
  • 100_3953.webp
    100_3953.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 676
  • 100_3954.webp
    100_3954.webp
    78.6 KB · Views: 674
  • 100_3955.webp
    100_3955.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 652
Upvote 0
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

Piercesdad said:
considering the age I'm amazed
Yes we do not find many of them do we- she has been put away for long time hasn't she. we have 2 like her if memory is right.
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

nice. i'd send that one in for grading :icon_thumright:
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

nice, that's a sweet score all by itself
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

silvercop said:
nice. i'd send that one in for grading :icon_thumright:
An MS63 1943 WLH is valued at most $30-35, and considering the dings on his coins it'll probably grade at most a MS62-MS63. I think PCGS costs $30 to get it graded. So, is it worth it to get graded? Nope.
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

That's a nice looking coin.
HH
Rich
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

considering he got the coin at face why not get it graded? anyway what ever floats your boat i guess dude
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

You got another picture.. it has a lot of detail but looks cleaned from that pic. That would make it not worth it to be graded. PCGS and those other top graders are picky about coins that are cleaned or damaged. Can you post another pic of the coin under white lights?
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

sweet coin!!! keep it up and hh!
 
I agree, it looks cleaned. While it might be nice to have it slabbed, I doubt its worth it. Just put her in a nice 2X2 and enjoy it.
 
The wife has claimed her! says she is going to put her in a bezel and make a pendant.

Well you know what they....

If Momma ain't happy....
 
Piercesdad said:
The wife has claimed her! says she is going to put her in a bezel and make a pendant.

Well you know what they....

If Momma ain't happy....

Nice, I am sure she will look more kindly at your coin searching activities after this...
 
Piercesdad said:
The wife has claimed her! says she is going to put her in a bezel and make a pendant.

Well you know what they....

If Momma ain't happy....
If she does, hope she's careful with it! That's how I just dug the big Peace dollar in my avatar, someone probably wore that one as a pendant, lol! ffd
 
Not only is she an attorney, she is beatiful, and makes jewlery
 
It doesn't look cleaned to me so much as it looks chrome-plated. From what I can tell from the pictures there aren't any lines running across the surface through the main devices. Maybe as someone else suggested if you can post a picture of the whole coin in white light it will give us a better idea of the coin :dontknow:
 
It doesn't look cleaned to me so much as it looks chrome-plated. From what I can tell from the pictures there aren't any lines running across the surface through the main devices. Maybe as someone else suggested if you can post a picture of the whole coin in white light it will give us a better idea of the coin

no trust me it is not chrome plated it is just a very nice coin
 
I picked up 3 virtually uncirculated ones last month from a box...common dates, but still nice.

Nice score!

Joad
 
Re: this beauty popped out of the box just as is

Rakattack said:
silvercop said:
nice. i'd send that one in for grading :icon_thumright:
An MS63 1943 WLH is valued at most $30-35, and considering the dings on his coins it'll probably grade at most a MS62-MS63. I think PCGS costs $30 to get it graded. So, is it worth it to get graded? Nope.

NGC is 12.50 to grade/slab a coin. That is with a 3 - 4 week turn-around and postage. I prefer NGC
over PCGS, guess it is because they are in my backyard... :laughing9:
 
Good on ya brother ! Any Walker is a treat , trashed or gorgeous like yours ! Argentium.
 
Very nice coin! But from what I can see from the pictures it seems to be most definitely cleaned.... A walker is nice any day though! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom