What's new

This heat sucks

Beeps in my sleep

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
784
Reaction score
1,087
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone else going insane with the hot temps here in the east coast and dry as concrete dirt? I never though I would say this but we need a good solid week of rain. I am having problems getting repeating signals most of the time and the ground is like digging through rock. My plugs explode too:BangHead: I feel like we are in the Dustbowl grrr.
 
The whole country needs it to rain for about 2 months straight to replace the ground water that has been lost to this drought we are in.
But heat, bleh was 96 here in my part of Michigan yesterday, 94 today, good news is Fridays high is going to be 58 yay for the cold.
Stupid haarp project broke everything.

Mike
 
Yep we've been having intense heat the last week or two.I just got a new metal detector and its been really hard to figure out how to pinpoint since there are no clods so to speak. Hoping for rain for those who need it soon.
 
Here in North Central Florida summer is usually hot, humid and buggy. This year is the worst of the 4 summers I've experienced here so far and the long time locals and native-born Floridians all agree with me.

Most of June, July and August it rained EVERY DANG DAY for at least a few minutes. Sometimes we got several inches in an hour! When it wasn't raining, it was hot! 90-100+ degrees. I won't whine about the heat, I knew what I was getting into when I moved to Florida. With the heat, humidity and rain it makes for some vicious mosquitoes. I'm talking the type that LOVE 30% Deet. I can stand the heat, humidity and rain (though not lightning-I run for the indoors when that starts up). The bugs biting me I can't take. I've tried all kinds of stuff, and some of it works for a little bit, but mostly I've been chased indoors by the bugs.

So yes, I'm ready for it to be cooler so I can metal detect. I've been clearing my land of underbrush so I can do a proper search, and because I want to be able to use and enjoy the property, not just harbor a fire danger.
 
Seems like this is everywhere. I hope it all ends soon. Although I still detect in Winter, it is a lot harder to dig and sometimes to even pin point. Hopefully after this heat it won't be one week of fall weather then boom winter. I can't imagine how the guys in Arizona, Tex, ect do this.
 
Untitled.webp

I love it, Although I'm holding my Breath hoping for a Drought

And no 40's 50's or 60's yet

I'm glad their forcasts are almost always 10 Degrees Lower then reality
lately


Hasn't started raining yet
still a dust bowl here :icon_thumright:

naturally hard digging but

the woodstocker's got it right by me

No Rain, No Rain, No Rain, No Rain,

I want to detect lake & creek bottoms without getting wet
 
Last edited:
One thing with the AT-Pro you can hit the water on those hot days and still have fun hunting.
 
Yep....it's been hot & muggy. Just one of those years. That's the nice thing about living near water.....you can always go detecting in the water. Lately I've been going and enduring a real pounding but at least it's a comfortable way to get outside even when it's really cooking out there.
 
Hot and muggy makes the badger even more cranky. I scoped out a sweet place, a creek that went through an area known for having union soldiers camping. My daughter and I go there luckily I wore my knee high boots because although the water looked so appealing what was underneath was a big mans enemy--silt of iron and clay. That crap swallowed me up to the knees and it took my daughter yanking me out like a stuck car. Everything else here is just dust so its making it hard to do much.
 
raining here...:hello:

a storm just traveled from sw to ne just to the west of me,
could hear it but not a drop i'm aware of

many of the schools are cancelling football and other sport practice.
that is rare the schools care about the kids around here.
it's all about brownie points for the coach and school after a win.

I guess they made their quota
on kids dropping dead, due to sports around here :(
 
Last edited:
Its storming here but just lightning and thunder...no rain so far here in Shippensburg :( I am going to have to move to the amazon to metal detect I am afraid....Least that place gets lots of rain but you will see me in the paper...Metal detectorist dead after being eating alive by jungle monsters
 
Hit 96 up here in Cow Hampshire. Last week we had a couple of nights in the 30's...crazy weather, but not unexpected in New England. Who was it that said, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change". Supposed to get rain either Thursday or Friday. Want those cool nights back ASAP.

Anita
 
I shouldn't say this but,you yanks always make fun of us here in Texas when it snows and we make the news because we can't drive in it.So now that it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo hot you guys are complaining!!
Man it's been 90-108 since May,and our ground has been so hard for a long time,since we've been in a drought for 4 plus years now,are lakes are drying up,are grass is dying,cities have been burning down,and people still want to move hear.
So get use to a little heat Y'all:occasion14:
 
My grandparents live in San Antonio.. I used to stay there for a month in the summer and come back to PA. I would be wearing jeans while everyone else had shorts on and was like are you not hot! That TX heat is something. Produce guy my hats off to you because I certainly would have to get re adjusted
 
I shouldn't say this but,you yanks always make fun of us here in Texas when it snows and we make the news because we can't drive in it.So now that it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo hot you guys are complaining!!
Man it's been 90-108 since May,and our ground has been so hard for a long time,since we've been in a drought for 4 plus years now,are lakes are drying up,are grass is dying,cities have been burning down,and people still want to move hear.
So get use to a little heat Y'all:occasion14:

I wish all the grass would Die Here.

Don't dig in the Grass & keep off the Grass, would have no meaning ,
and no mowing to do. win/win :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
I'm just hoping for a couple days of good soaking rain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom