WHADIFIND
Gold Member
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2012
- Messages
- 12,678
- Reaction score
- 43,391
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- South of the Mason-Dixon Line
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,
Jack Hammer!
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I had an idea about one of my clad factories. There was a section
that has been open ground for many, many years. So, I figured to
concentrate on this:



I was happily running my cladulator all over the field
and it appeared to be working. Even found a wheatie
that looked like the type I expect coming from the ground,
lightly toasted.


The typical surprise coin.

A bit of pretty-pretty for Fishy.
Yeah, the day was moving right along! LOTS of clad, etc.
Then, this very nice elderly gent came over and struck up
a conversation. I *ALWAYS* stop to chat, especially with ones
who appear to have more life experience than I.
He filled me in on some things I didn't know and some that I gleaned
from my research. He also told me that he lived right up there. At the
top of the hill I was searching. He told me his house only dated back to the 40's
but, I said that's fine! Plenty of silver still in circulation then! So, I asked. Would he
mind if I tried ? He said sure! Come on up! We went up and there was a pleasant
little yard, fairly modern but who cares. I had a NEW place!
It was toward the end of my day but I just had to cement this relationship!
I hunted for about an hour maybe 2. Still clad but the other junk was indicating
age. I kept trying. Soon, I got this whisper, maybe a penny, maybe a dime but not more.
After a bit of a plug and clearing the overly dry earth, I had my first silver coin in a long, long time.


Just 20 years from the key.
We sat and talked a bit, trading stories and admired the luck.
I said ok, one more pass and I had to call it a day. (Is that OTWBTTC?
)
You guessed it! Not 5 feet from the dime. A 91-92 in ANY direction! Now, I know enough
that this could still be a solid brass bolt. Been there many times. But, you know, sometimes?
You just absolutely KNOW!? Well this was one. I cut as careful a plug as I could:

We both just knelt there and admired this for a few minutes.
Grinning from ear to ear! LOL

Ahhhhhhhh.......yeah!
After we checked the date and all I offered it to him as reward for allowing me.
He absolutely refused! Said, it's all mine and I was welcome to come back ANYtime
I felt like digging!
Sorry for the long post but I have been in dire need of a hunt like this and a break
on a permission for a long, long time! I am just plain happy!




Thanks for peeking, and your support!
that has been open ground for many, many years. So, I figured to
concentrate on this:



I was happily running my cladulator all over the field
and it appeared to be working. Even found a wheatie
that looked like the type I expect coming from the ground,
lightly toasted.


The typical surprise coin.

A bit of pretty-pretty for Fishy.
Yeah, the day was moving right along! LOTS of clad, etc.
Then, this very nice elderly gent came over and struck up
a conversation. I *ALWAYS* stop to chat, especially with ones
who appear to have more life experience than I.

He filled me in on some things I didn't know and some that I gleaned
from my research. He also told me that he lived right up there. At the
top of the hill I was searching. He told me his house only dated back to the 40's
but, I said that's fine! Plenty of silver still in circulation then! So, I asked. Would he
mind if I tried ? He said sure! Come on up! We went up and there was a pleasant
little yard, fairly modern but who cares. I had a NEW place!
It was toward the end of my day but I just had to cement this relationship!
I hunted for about an hour maybe 2. Still clad but the other junk was indicating
age. I kept trying. Soon, I got this whisper, maybe a penny, maybe a dime but not more.
After a bit of a plug and clearing the overly dry earth, I had my first silver coin in a long, long time.


Just 20 years from the key.
We sat and talked a bit, trading stories and admired the luck.
I said ok, one more pass and I had to call it a day. (Is that OTWBTTC?
)You guessed it! Not 5 feet from the dime. A 91-92 in ANY direction! Now, I know enough
that this could still be a solid brass bolt. Been there many times. But, you know, sometimes?
You just absolutely KNOW!? Well this was one. I cut as careful a plug as I could:

We both just knelt there and admired this for a few minutes.
Grinning from ear to ear! LOL

Ahhhhhhhh.......yeah!

After we checked the date and all I offered it to him as reward for allowing me.
He absolutely refused! Said, it's all mine and I was welcome to come back ANYtime
I felt like digging!
Sorry for the long post but I have been in dire need of a hunt like this and a break
on a permission for a long, long time! I am just plain happy!




Thanks for peeking, and your support!
Upvote
177


I like to chat with most that give me permission if they are receptive. People skills are important, more so than social media when it comes to getting permissions. Kudo's to you Whadi. 







