This may be a long shot...any ideas.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unknown.JPG
Anybody with a possible ID of what appears to be an Eagle w/arrows...between his tallons is a small shield. Nothing on back except sand particles and green patina.
It is encrusted...so detail may be difficult to see.
It is smaller than a dime, much smaller.
That is the closest I can get w/ camera...

Thanks,

Trez

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Similar to U.S. Army "Great Seal" insignia. Given its small size, probably a sweetheart jewelry pin from WWI or WWII (example below), or perhaps an applied decoration from some larger sweetheart item (locket, compact, cigarette case, etc.).

Attachments

• GreatSeal.jpg
    GreatSeal.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 594
  • Locket.jpg
    Locket.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
Similar to U.S. military "Great Seal" insignia. Given its small size, probably a sweetheart jewelry pin from WWI or WWII (example below), or perhaps an applied decoration from some larger sweetheart item (locket, compact, cigarette case, etc.).

That is what it is. I have a bag of sweetheart jewelry blanks that I obtained from the family of of the owner of an old ww-2 era jewelry store.
Every type of service insg. you can think of. They were made into pins and placed on lighters and lockets. Several different sizes and were made in silver color and gold color base metal usually. Even enameled and with rinestones.
DG

Upvote 0

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
The round item with the holes is a GI Combat Boot vent hole...Vietnam Era at least...supposed to keep your feet ventilated...but just let the water in and you got trench foot fungus...my Dad told his guys to seal the holes off.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LJHanley06,
Thank you very much...........all the guys that responded...are top knotch IDer's.
Thank you again......

Trez

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, as someone said, the top item appears to be from a jungle boot. The water is PUSHED OUT of these vents as you walk on dry land, and actually work quite well. I have used them for many years in the Everglades. In the 70's, military jungle boots were all a person could buy for the swamp. You do not have to constantly remove them to dump the water out every time you step in a mud hole, the nylon uppers dry quickly, and they can take a beating. A boot full of water would make a lot of noise. Most swamp hunters now wear almost knee high expensive waterproof boots, but I still prefer the old jungles.

Attachments

• MVC-004E.JPG
    MVC-004E.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 252
  • MVC-005E.JPG
    MVC-005E.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread