What's new

This mornings dig

captain redbeard

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
1,038
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out a couple hours before work and got a small variety of pieces.

Couple nice points. The small diamond shaped one is worked all the way around so possibly a point of some kind.
1505411164541.webp1505411173568.webp
1505411250836.webp1505411261338.webp

few broken, the bigger one I pulled out of sifter and went to rub dirt off the base and it broke apart.
1505411284796.webp1505411294047.webp

I think this may have been a celt of some kind? Its quite small Deff ground and polished on the top, bit busted up though.1505411366887.webp1505411376235.webp

About 7 inches down out popped a piece of glass with a couple pieces of flint....struck me as odd being the location I was in and the glass is very clear unlike most older glass. Havent seen anything modern or any glass around here yet aside from this piece.
1505411635604.webp
 
Upvote 0
The small one might of been a point that got reused and reused till it was nothing left worth using anymore then tossed. I find plenty of them around my area. Wow went before work I hope you werent tired. Got a couple of nice ones, congrats
 
Good stuff I keep it all.
 
The small one might of been a point that got reused and reused till it was nothing left worth using anymore then tossed. I find plenty of them around my area. Wow went before work I hope you werent tired. Got a couple of nice ones, congrats

yea all my spots are pretty much less than a mile from my house and my job isn't all that physically demanding so it works out well for me going before and/or after work. :laughing7:
 
Now that's the way to start a day. The diamond shape one I think you guys would call it a Rossville up there. Here it would be called a Chesapeake Diamond, looks like it was resharpened many times. I haven't come across one yet. Nice one's.
 
Glad to see your still doing good digging.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom