This place I call Home

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
yes i love fishing on the delores river or used to before they changed it so much and let houses be built all along it and campgrounds set in but still will always call colorado my home. will have to come try out some of your fishing spots sometime. lake fishing at the lake in cortez is ok since the fish average about 16 inches but its just not the same as walking the river and fly fishing. still have my dad and his dads fly rods. i still use them also. i am 55 so you can figure about how old they are. love the pics keep them coming in. with gas prices going so high may be the only way most of us will ever get to enjoy those places.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
If the price of gas gets too high,
I'll just have to get these old bones used to riding again.
A horse isn't the fastest means of travel,
But the fuel is a lot cheaper,,,LOL
Prettier to look at,
and they are a lot nicer company.

Thom

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hey there and greetings to you. I just discovered that I could see the next three pages after that first page. Am still learning about this computer, never used it before I started to see this forum. I love all that wild rugged country. The wide open views and the deep canyon country are so awesome and inspireing. Years ago my wife and I took a 3 week trip to your western country. Taking the northern route from Michigan we went as far as Missoulla, Mont, then cut down thru Wyoming and into Colorado to Colorado Springs. We rented horses and rode through the " Garden Of The Gods" at the bottom of Pikes Peak. It was quite a facinating place to ride and see those big rock formations so close up. Also while in North Dakota we stopped at Theadore Rosevelt National Memorial Park. We rented horses there and rode in the badlands here. After crossing the Little Missouri River we circled around ever climbing on narrow trails on the sides of steep cliffs. After a while we came out on a high cliff overlooking the riding stable with all its cottonwoods and willows along side the river, so beautifull. It was a hot and dusty ride but so thrilling. I really loved those mountainous veiws in wyoming and Colorado. I could look them for hours. Those pics of your area is so beautifull. I envy you. being able to just wander around such wild country with those faroff scenes. That is truly God's country. I'm hoping you post several more pictures. Wishing you a great summer with lots of great finds to post. karenray08.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
karenray08 said:
Hey there and greetings to you. I just discovered that I could see the next three pages after that first page. Am still learning about this computer, never used it before I started to see this forum. I love all that wild rugged country. The wide open views and the deep canyon country are so awesome and inspireing. Years ago my wife and I took a 3 week trip to your western country. Taking the northern route from Michigan we went as far as Missoulla, Mont, then cut down thru Wyoming and into Colorado to Colorado Springs. We rented horses and rode through the " Garden Of The Gods" at the bottom of Pikes Peak. It was quite a facinating place to ride and see those big rock formations so close up. Also while in North Dakota we stopped at Theadore Rosevelt National Memorial Park. We rented horses there and rode in the badlands here. After crossing the Little Missouri River we circled around ever climbing on narrow trails on the sides of steep cliffs. After a while we came out on a high cliff overlooking the riding stable with all its cottonwoods and willows along side the river, so beautifull. It was a hot and dusty ride but so thrilling. I really loved those mountainous veiws in wyoming and Colorado. I could look them for hours. Those pics of your area is so beautifull. I envy you. being able to just wander around such wild country with those faroff scenes. That is truly God's country. I'm hoping you post several more pictures. Wishing you a great summer with lots of great finds to post. karenray08.

Thanks,
You have seen the easy part of Colorado.
Let me be the first to invite you over to the forgotten side of the State, LOL
I and all of my pictures are all on the west side by Utah.

I am going to go through Michigan this fall.
to see an old friend and my Uncle who lives there.
They don't know yet as the plans are just now coming together.
There are a lot of interesting things stillto see in the pictures we have been taking ,
Once they are studied then I will post some more.
There are some wonderful canyon shots that will steal the breath from you.

Thom

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Here are a couple of views that you just can't get except from this place we call the crossbow site.

It looks like Tony's dog had more sense than the rest of us.
It got hot and she found shade.

Attachments

• 100_2392 A.jpg
    100_2392 A.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_2396 A.jpg
    100_2396 A.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 100_2429 A.jpg
    100_2429 A.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 236
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The thing that really makes it all perfect is the radar tower about six miles away.

Shoot,
we even have cell service out there.

Thom

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats a WOW! wedont live that far from Burdie and when we go up there we have NO phone! He has a different co. and is fine! :-\

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Evy,
When you get into some of the deeper canyons that are more distant,
and aren't on a direct line of sight with the tower the reception is a little iffy,
But climb up on top and you have it all.

Thom

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
It has been a while since I posted here,
and I apologise.
Here is a view across one of our canyons that shows a very different type of partial view.
The picture is from half way up the opposite side of a bench of the canyon wall on the other side.

I thought you all would enjoy this strange approach,
It turned out well
The photographer is Douglas once again.

Attachments

• upper_canyon_C_019 A.jpg
    upper_canyon_C_019 A.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Even when looking at them without the camera,
They sometimes seem superimposed over the other in a fashion to make you wonder if they are real.

Thom

Mrs Bloom

Nov 3, 2007
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of where you live. I've enjoyed them very much. I'll have to add that part of the country to my "bucket list of places to see"!

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Yardqueen,

I do hope you get to see it.
It is truly one of the most awe inspiring places on this planet.

Driving through it doesn't do it justice,
To really appreciate it one must get out of the car
experience the air, the heat, and most especially the scenery.

Be sure to walk out far enough you cannot see a sign of man,
this is one thing I have tried to convey in the pictures.
I think that is one of the things that make them so special.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread