What's new

This place rocks !!!

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on the age of these ? There are two photos of each piece except the little looking hand ax core thingy lol
 

Attachments

  • image-3867940663.webp
    image-3867940663.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image-4033159557.webp
    image-4033159557.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image-1537318177.webp
    image-1537318177.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3326914045.webp
    image-3326914045.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3004763682.webp
    image-3004763682.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2910181387.webp
    image-2910181387.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3345663378.webp
    image-3345663378.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1053173858.webp
    image-1053173858.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2474853282.webp
    image-2474853282.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3720303753.webp
    image-3720303753.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image-341204840.webp
    image-341204840.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 102
  • image-662361227.webp
    image-662361227.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1555339010.webp
    image-1555339010.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2819930556.webp
    image-2819930556.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2801737974.webp
    image-2801737974.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
This is the one I found just the other day. It shows reduction marks on both sides but it looks as if they just threw it away due to many inclusions in the stone. Would of been a nice point Im sure if it was finished.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4237.webp
    100_4237.webp
    202 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_4238.webp
    100_4238.webp
    169.3 KB · Views: 107
What are we discussing again ?? Haha here you go I don't post lots of the little stuff I found this now is this a point preform or a small end scraper
 

Attachments

  • image-4132140135.webp
    image-4132140135.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1374277369.webp
    image-1374277369.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3038099412.webp
    image-3038099412.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 94
Cool little scraper I'd say.
Ha..
 
Thanks that's one haha look at this there sure were many different hafts
 

Attachments

  • image-1099177029.webp
    image-1099177029.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2532191265.webp
    image-2532191265.webp
    58.3 KB · Views: 87
Gator is right, you can not walk thru a quarry site with out the chance of cutting your boot on something and do not fall down, if you do you will bled.

I like this comment ;) haha very true !!!
 
I'm sure some were quick on the spot tools..probably for cutting roots when digging out more of the area among other tasks..but many of them don't even have a place you could hold without damaging your hand.
Have you seen a big quarry site?
Worked stone EVERYWHERE .. discarded.

I have seen two quarry sites. Yes, flakes litter the ground. However, I can't recall any secondary flaking on the pieces left behind. I'll see if I can find a couple of pieces I picked up. Most of the pieces were large flakes. I'll try to get a couple of pics. So you can better understand what I mean by "large flakes".
 
I wonder if that spot I go to certain times of the yr isnt a quarry site due to all of the quartz pieces laying every place. I havent found a point yet there. Quartz liters the ground in flakes and chunks.
 
I scratched around and found a few pieces I gathered from quarry sites. Most flakes are long and have no order.

image-771167724.webp



image-3807493611.webp



image-115696276.webp



image-3038197648.webp



image-3285294095.webp



image-1598991783.webp



image-2139668442.webp
 
I'm not sure what point your arguing NC.
I also don't know anything about what sites you've been to.
If your saying that quarry sites aren't loaded with purposely made blanks and performs with order to how they were knapped and just broken random pieces your incorrect about many quarry sites.
Some of my favorite artifacts come from quarrys.
The large well made quarry blanks that look like very big bifacial choppers are awesome and definitely not random.
Mabey it's different where you are ..I don't know.. but I do know that in most of the country you will find secondary work on many pieces at those type sites.
The majority is definitely percussion work..but there is usually both.
 
Last edited:
Nice pic MR next time smile a little :tongue3:
 
Haha this is good stuff rack !!!! When I am at the quarry sites I see all the pieces that were just chunks for sure ...But I know how much these NA used wood and how they had lots of tools for clearing underbrush and debarking logs and small trees . They sure had a tool box full of tools
 
I'm not sure what point your arguing NC.
I also don't know anything about what sites you've been to.
If your saying that quarry sites aren't loaded with purposely made blanks and performs with order to how they were knapped and just broken random pieces your incorrect about many quarry sites.
Some of my favorite artifacts come from quarrys.
The large well made quarry blanks that look like very big bifacial choppers are awesome and definitely not random.
Mabey it's different where you are ..I don't know.. but I do know that in most of the country you will find secondary work on many pieces at those type sites.
The majority is definitely percussion work..but there is usually both.

I'm not arguing anything. I was simply adding my experience. The ground is littered and just as rack stated, not a good place to fall down.
 
Look at this pic guys seems they had to make a tool head to fit the the handle ...that changes my perspective . Picture a Native American he just cuts down this great handle and shave it down smooth he goes to his flint pile and picks out the right shaped piece for his handle then he spends time flaking the tool to fit the handle and fastens them together so they say you could make an arrowhead in 25 minutes .... I love these tools
 
Here is the pic
 

Attachments

  • image-885833947.webp
    image-885833947.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom