What's new

This Spot Hadnt Been Plowed In 70 Years

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Spot Hadn't Been Plowed In 70 Years

I got permission to hunt a spot that the farmer said had been in pasture for 70 years. If he had deep rolled it I have a feeling I would have been able to fill my pockets up one every hunt, but he only chiseled it and I still found some really nice pieces and a bunch of brokes. I have only got to hunt it twice because we;ve only had one good rain on it and I hurt my back at work and have been down for a couple of weeks. If we get more rain I will definitely go back down and try it again.

I found the first Point, a really nice Hopewell, within 5 of walking into the field and the second one, a really nice Side Notch, about 25 minutes later. Everything you see I found in about 3 hours of hunting. The Axe was really disappointing because I really thought it was all there. Sorry about the curse words, but I think you can understand my frustration.





 

Attachments

  • 100_6604.webp
    100_6604.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_6606.webp
    100_6606.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_6608.webp
    100_6608.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_6611.webp
    100_6611.webp
    103.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_6613.webp
    100_6613.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 100_6614.webp
    100_6614.webp
    103.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 100_6615.webp
    100_6615.webp
    107.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_6616.webp
    100_6616.webp
    102.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_6618.webp
    100_6618.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 100_6617.webp
    100_6617.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_6619.webp
    100_6619.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_6621.webp
    100_6621.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_6625.webp
    100_6625.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_6627.webp
    100_6627.webp
    26 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_6628.webp
    100_6628.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 191
Upvote 0
Very cool finds. Looks like you are getting quite a few. So what period are most of those from?
 
The site is mostly Woodland, but I find an occasional Archaic piece as well.
 
My fields are just the reverse. Mostly Archaic and once in a while Woodland and a little Mississippian.
 
Oh man that site is going to produce for you for years. That adze is killer.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom