Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend's variety of finds

Hit a few spots the last couple days and managed a nice variety of finds. The chinese coin is a first for me. Also got my second good luck token. There is a little henny penny play coin that made me think I had a 3-center finally...wrong. Found another Civil War era token which makes it #7 on the year. Also pictured is a watch winder, homemade brass ring, buttons, coins and an interesting advertising piece for the Germer stove company.

104_4298-1.jpg

104_4301.jpg

104_4309.jpg

104_4307.jpg

104_4310.jpg

104_4311.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: This weekend's variety of finds

Nice group of recoveries!!! Congrats :icon_thumright:

nice finds! whats up with 3 1889 pennies ;D and that civil war token is cool . it looks like the design on the princess 1 dollar gold coins. willy

Great Pile of goodies!
Covered the bases on that hunt.
Love the Princess head & Dragon Copper :thumbsup:

Sweet smorgasbord of finds! :hello2: I like the Chinese coin and stove piece. :icon_thumleft: Any idea who "Miss Sartain" was, besides a teacher? :icon_scratch:

HH

dfx willy said:
nice finds! whats up with 3 1889 pennies ;D and that civil war token is cool . it looks like the design on the princess 1 dollar gold coins. willy
That's what I was thinking...but the one IHP is actually 1880.

Michiganne said:
Sweet smorgasbord of finds! :hello2: I like the Chinese coin and stove piece. :icon_thumleft: Any idea who "Miss Sartain" was, besides a teacher? :icon_scratch:

HH
I think these tokens were made in the 40's or 50's. Not certain if she was a local teacher or not, I will have to do a little research.

And a super veriety it is. I have looked at it twice now and like even better. Nice lay out for the pic also, it would look good in a display or shadow box.

Nice! Is that a foreign silver coin to the left of the '40 Quarter? Bryan H.

:icon_thumleft: Outstanding hunt Wallhanger esp. the Princess head copper , very NICE 8) 8)

Great Finds !! Congrats that's a nice group. :thumbsup:

bdhoward said:
Nice! Is that a foreign silver coin to the left of the '40 Quarter? Bryan H.
Nope, that is a play coin
Rickiowa2009 said:
A lot of cool finds
Thanks Rick
Woodland Detectors said:
Those are great finds! Nice Mark
Thanks Mike!
CMDiamonddawg said:
:icon_thumleft: Outstanding hunt Wallhanger esp. the Princess head copper , very NICE 8) 8)
Thanks, I didn't take a good picture of it, looks a little better than the picture shows.
TN_MD said:
Great Finds !! Congrats that's a nice group. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Thats a great bunch of finds Mark! I love that good luck token. Wish I was there with ya, I sure miss hunting with my good friend! WTG!

Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back