What's new

this weeks 20 boxes

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
produced 6 40% halves and that is it. i don't know how much longer i can do these large volumes for such little results. my main dump bank is still giving me problems every week. i now have to purchase the plastic bags from them at 60.00 per case and they now charge me 3.00 per bag to dump. also this week for some reason 7 of the 20 boxes were short anywhere from 1.50-3.00. so with these meager finds i am really going in the hole. not to mention the 40.00 per month i pay on the interest fees and insurance i pay on the loan that i took out to coin roll junt with. then all the work involved picking up and dumping.........just don't seem worth it
 
Upvote 0
I was sure hoping for a better find for ya today. It always helps motivate me to go at it another week after i come up short when i see you do well. Brinks for me this month has been a very sore subject. 33 boxes with 10 total silver. But you just never know when you might get lucky again.
 
i don't know if i could step away. everytime i go by a bank the temptation to go in and ask would always get the best of me. i can see me cutting back some but i would still continue to do at least 6 boxes a week. i am afraid if i stop i will lose my dump bank arrangement. they have tried everything short of closing my account themselves to get rid of me.
 
silvercop said:
i don't know if i could step away. everytime i go by a bank the temptation to go in and ask would always get the best of me. i can see me cutting back some but i would still continue to do at least 6 boxes a week. i am afraid if i stop i will lose my dump bank arrangement. they have tried everything short of closing my account themselves to get rid of me.
If I did it anyone can. First I started fishing around for another hobby. Then I completely stopped the road trips.
Next I stopped picking up the bags and hand rolled dimes and quarters.
After that, I went from 14 boxes a week, to eight boxes,a week.
It felt so good not having to bring back all of that coin, that I said the heck with it, and stopped altogether.
Although I can go back to it when I feel like it.
What's really tough is getting off this forum.
HH
Rich
 
my plan is to continue the volume good or bad until school is out. (my wife is a school teacher). if the finds don't increase by then i will probably cut it down by half, and take the banks money back to them and just hunt off of my funds until when and if things improve. this month has been the worst by far for me. i have done just over 20K so har this month and only have 103 40% halves so far. most of them came from doing 8K of brinks boxes and almost none have come from the 20 loomis boxes.
my theory on the loomis boxes has got to be wrong. i thought the other guy in town that was dumping 20 boxes a week on loomis was showing up in my boxes, but i would think if that were the case i would have already went through his dumps by now. he is no longer hunting i have been told.
 
The free Silver supply is definitely diminishing, you know those naive who dump it. The time is coming when there is little or no more saved or inherited that will be dumped- this is why the volume is going down in my mind, the number of those who have saved them are decreasing.
 
For those of us into this hobby purely for profit, it just seems outrageous to search nickels and dimes. Talk about a money-losing situation; unless one were to invest in, say, 100 boxes a week, at one dime per box, average, you still have the searching and dumping involved. My time is way too valuble for that, and I'm not in it for profit anyway. ffd
 
Hey SC - seems to be slowing everywhere. I think it might be time to mark up some coins and see what is up. I've never done it but at least you can see if they are fast-tracking those coins back to you and totally wasting your time.

Maine_Jim
 
silvercop said:
i just can't figure out the brinks thing. i dump on brinks and have been getting great boxes from brinks for about 3 months now :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Haha, SC all your Brinks dumps are all headed to my bank is why....
 
maine_Jim said:
Hey SC - seems to be slowing everywhere. I think it might be time to mark up some coins and see what is up. I've never done it but at least you can see if they are fast-tracking those coins back to you and totally wasting your time.

Maine_Jim

Most of mine have been/are dumped in a neighboring Fed district, marking
em would accomplish nothing for me.
 
I hear you - boxes of halves have sucked lemons lately. i've been mixing it up a bit - switched to dimes, posted an ad on craig's list, took $500-1,000 and did a couple of 3-4 town road trip. this month my buddy who owns 15 car washes is letting me buy his quarters 2x month ($1,500-$2k each time). that will be interesting...

Don't give up...just mix it up. :sign13:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom