What's new

This weeks boxes

TheProf

Full Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2009
Messages
183
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week's boxes

I got 2 dime boxes this week and got skunked on one and 2 roseys on the other. I got 2 penny boxes at two diff banks, the first one I did my worst ever 5 wheats and 6 Canadians. The 2nd box when I got home and opened it was ALL 2010 brand spanking new! That surprised me. My regular bank greeted me with "we have 3 boxes of halves for you, do you want them?" I was surprised and didn't want to pony up $1500.00 so I told them I would be back Monday. Finally getting a little respect at my bank!
 
Upvote 0
Re: This week's boxes

TheProf said:
I got 2 dime boxes this week and got skunked on one and 2 roseys on the other. I got 2 penny boxes at two diff banks, the first one I did my worst ever 5 wheats and 6 Canadians. The 2nd box when I got home and opened it was ALL 2010 brand spanking new! That surprised me. My regular bank greeted me with "we have 3 boxes of halves for you, do you want them?" I was surprised and didn't want to pony up $1500.00 so I told them I would be back Monday. Finally getting a little respect at my bank!

Congrats on your finds :thumbsup:. You can probably sell those 2010 dimes on ebay for a good profit.
It's probably not a good idea to leave ordered coins at the bank. They take up vault space and the tellers have to inventory them every day you leave them in there making more work for them. It is a good way to lose a bank that will sell you boxes.
Check out the top page for tips on CRH. There are some great ideas there that will make your hunting easier and more enjoyable.
Good Luck
Rich
 
Re: This week's boxes

Is there a market for 2010 cents? Good luck with those 3 half dollar boxes Monday.
 
Re: This week's boxes

mountainman 2 said:
Is there a market for 2010 cents? Good luck with those 3 half dollar boxes Monday.

Yes, there is a market for the new boxes. I have been selling them. Have sold 5 so far. Getting between 48-53 on ebay for them. Also doing deals with others from another forum in which I have sold them for ~$44 with no fees. Also traded a box of them for a box of copper cents.
 
Re: This week's boxes

i had the same score on dimes yesterday, box one=skunk/ box 2=2 roosies! i dont do too many cents, but i have b4 gotten like 1-3 in a box b4 >:( this makes me mad, i think pennies are trying to rip me off!!! nice score though on the 2010 cents!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom