What's new

Thought i was going to get my Ace250 by tomorrow......

tpmrcp

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
492
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Stroudsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i finally had money to get an ace 250 again. I saw one close to me on eBay (50 miles away) and the ad said they ship within 24 hrs. I bought it and then emailed the seller asking if I could just pick it up or to see if he would mail it the same day. I got this response "The New Metal Detectors i sell are shipped from the Garrett Distribution center in Wisconsin. You should have it within 4 days by UPS after its sent out tomarrow(sp), Thursday." That is a difference of 813 miles! Now I am going through the hassle of trying to get a refund and buy one from someone close. I wanted to make a hunt this weekend in PA. I just wanna scream!
 
This happens a lot with Ebay sellers. Even some dealers don't stock the detectors that are ordered mail order which is a good reason to visit them and buy on the spot. This way UPS can't deliver to the wrong house and you have to take them to court like I've had to do a couple times. I always get my stuff now...............
 
Totally Pimpin, check Dick Oswald's in Mt Penn. They are listed on the Garrett website.

Dick Oswald's Sport Shop
2501 Perkiomen Ave
Reading, PA - 19606
Tel: 610-779-0986


habs
 
I ordered mine from Kellyco, and got it the next day! Granted , I live in Florida, but their service was exceptional! Should you try to order one retail, I cannot recommend them any higher....
 
Ibooght one used on eBay July 13 the man didn't ship until the 22nd it arrived late the 29th. On the other hand I bought a bh quick silver and it was home in 5 working days . It just depends on the merchant. Read their deedbacks. I gave that arse an neutral feedback and explained it in feedback.
 
There is a lot of ebay seller that do not have their items on site. They are a middle person and when they sell something they order it and have it sent to the buyer.....Matt
 
Any luck getting your new 250?

habs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom