Thought on comparison DFX vs. X70

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon
Baggins,

I can't speak for the X70. I can speak for the DFX. I've had a couple of Fisher MD's (1266-X and CZ7) and I really liked both of them. I bought the DFX just before Xmas last year and I'm just now really learning the ins and outs of the machine. The DFX is far better than my two previous detectors due to the ability to control so many aspects of what the machine does. I found the controls to be simple to manipulate and the performance is great. The hard part about the DFX is learning what each control does and how it affects the performance. With the older detectors you simply did your GB and that was it. That isn't the case with the DFX. You can adjust the frequencies, filters, sweep speed, etc. Older detectors had those options set and you could not adjust them. This is where the DFX is unique. For me the learning curve was about 3 months.

Another thing that is great about the DFX is the customer service. My 12 coil didn't work so they sent me a brand new one...no questions asked. I needed a new arm strap....sent me a new one for free. Whites are made in America and that also played into my decision. There is a ton of info and help online so it isn't like you'll have to figure it out for yourself.

If I had it to do over again I'd still buy a DFX. Hope that helps.

JP

weldermark

Jan 17, 2005
LOU-EVIL KY
Detector(s) used
white's DFX
i've used both the x 70 is lighter than the dfx (not by much).the x70 is ok for coins and relics,but i dug everything to be sure,i prefer the dfx because of the programability which i find very useful,especially in differant terrains,woods hills,parks, ditches, etc. it just works better for me.

mark

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I have a DFX and use it for everything above water. Don't know much on X70 but I am sure it is a good machine as it does find coins deep too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread