Whites Eagle ll SL

B

Brush Creek

White's Eagle ll SL

I sold my Eagle 2 sl about 6 months ago.
Found a new one the other day on FeeBay.
Did not think I would miss it, I was wrong.
The new Eagle is in brand new condition 1990 mod. The rechargeable bat held a good charge but only lasted for 1 day with out using it.
Ordered New one from White's. The lower shaft, where the coil attaches broke when putting the coil on, very brittle, ordered a new one also.
this detector is very easy to use and switch setting while on the go. No where near as hard to adjust as my XLT E was.
I can even tell 90% of the time if it is a New penny or wheat cent before I dig. Came with a small coil also.
I think I will hang on to this one.
Also came with all the books that look like they have never been opend.
If there are die hard XLT and DFX users out there and you get a chance to use a Eagle ll SL for a day " don't not do it". You will be sold on it also.

Attachments

• eagle.jpg
    eagle.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,943
OP
OP
B

Brush Creek

Re: White's Eagle ll SL

Got to love the Eagle ll SL

Attachments

• Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,302

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have the same machine & will never sell it. I love it. I also own a DFX, PRL-1, Fisher 1212-X, & a Fisher 1225-X

Attachments

• 100_0307.jpg
    100_0307.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,456
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,779
  • 100_0307.jpg
    100_0307.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,194
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,723

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000

I had one and sold it to get my DFX. Bad move. That old Eagle SL was by far a deeper seeking detector. Great machine. :tard: Mike.

OP
OP
B

Brush Creek

I put me a sunray target prob on my Eagle 2.
So far I hate it.
It targest but but does not pinpoint very well.
a dime in a hole will give you signal as soon as you place the probe in the hole.
ill keep trying.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900

I got rid of my Eagle II SL when I bought my Spectrum. I missed it so much that I tracked down the owner, and bought it back!

I'm a happy camper now....I love that machine! ;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:

TW

Socalal

Greenie
May 8, 2008
Gardena, CA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL, XLT, & DFX-300, Tesoro SuperTrac & Compadre, Minelab GP-3500

Greetings Everyone,

New to this Forum - Not new to detecting (30 yrs +). Couldn't pass it up when I read about the Eagle II SL --- My old stand-by --- Until yesterday I had four detectors. My old White's Eagle II SL, a Fisher CZ-20, Tesoro Lobo Super Trac, and a White's GMT.

Now, if I still had a wife, she'd be yellin' at me ---- Yesterday I just ordered a White's DFX-300 ! As if I needed another detector! Actually, I'm about to retire --- I said retire --- not give up! Until December I still work fulltime. In my spare time I'm a Civilian Volunteer to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept -- Metallic Evidence Search and Recovery Team on their Crime Scene Search Unit (kinda' like a real-life CSI Guy).

Just wanted to stop in and say hello --- and echo the good things already being said about the Eagle II SL ! No matter which machine I start out with, I always seem to end up back at the SL !

Later --- Socalal

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Socalal,

Greetings ;D
Thanks for the post. I see it is your first one, hope there will be many more.

I was talking on the phone last night with a buddy of mine, Daryl Townley. He is using one of the newer White's machines. I don't recall if it is a DFX, or one of the others. The program that he has setup on it is allowing him to find silver dimes at 14 inches deep!

Yeah, I know that sounds incredible, but it is true.

I said that to say this....if you need a program for your Eagle II SL, I have one that Daryl gave me that I would be happy to share.

TW

CROCK of COINS

Greenie
May 11, 2007
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

>>I said that to say this....if you need a program for your Eagle II SL, I have one that Daryl gave me that I would be happy to share.<<

Mr. T, If you can, send that program to me, please. I would like to try it on one of my Eagles. ;-)

Jerry

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Jerry,

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send it to you.

Tom

Sarge

Dec 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites XLT

Timberwolf said:
I was talking on the phone last night with a buddy of mine, Daryl Townley. He is using one of the newer White's machines. I don't recall if it is a DFX, or one of the others. The program that he has setup on it is allowing him to find silver dimes at 14 inches..TW
Timberwolf,

Does Daryl have any books out on the DFX? When I got my Eagle Spectrum I bought his book & it helped me a lot setting the machine up & getting to understand programs.

When I sold my Spectrum I gave the book to the new owner, a friend, & he says the book helped him find many neat targets.

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was the proud owner of that machine many years ago. Made some great finds with it including my first silvers. But I will honestly say that I never did regret moving up to the Spectrum then the XLT. Thanks for the pictures it brought back some great memories for me just seeing it again.

KFB

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Sarge said:
Does Daryl have any books out on the DFX? When I got my Eagle Spectrum I bought his book & it helped me a lot setting the machine up & getting to understand programs.

When I sold my Spectrum I gave the book to the new owner, a friend, & he says the book helped him find many neat targets.

Sarge,

Not that I know of. He is currently writing, but I don't know what the subject is.
The next time I talk to him, I'll ask if he has anything written on the DFX.
Daryl was one of the first to try out the Spectrum, before it ever hit the market.
I know, because I got to try it out with him. ;D
We made some pretty good finds with it at a local school yard.

I'll let you know soon.

TW

Sarge

Dec 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites XLT

Thanks, Timberwolf. Tell him from me that I said thanks for that Spectrum book. Well written & very informative. Clive Clynic is still writing. I used to communicate with him when he was in the middle of writing his new DFX book & gave him my opinions of what worked & what didn't. I've got a couple of his books as well as Kevin Mulroony. Those were the days when programmable detectors were still fairly new. Just like good THers they passed down the info that they had experimentally found from doing it themselves & from guys like you. Now I take it upon myself to pass down anything I've found that works to others.

Your wolf avatar looks just like my blue-eyed Siberian Husky! 80 lbs of love & licks.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Sarge,

You are very welcome. I'll tell him, for you.
I can't afford to upgrade to the newer White's machine, so I will continue to use the Eagle II and the Spectrum.
I have found more with the Eagle, so it is my favorite. The Spectrum makes a good backup, and they use the same battery pack.

Have fun and let me know how the new program is working for you.
I'm sure Daryl would like to know.

TW

Sarge

Dec 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites XLT

Timberwolf said:
Have fun and let me know how the new program is working for you.
I'm sure Daryl would like to know.

Oh, I'm way past any new programs. I had one of the 1st Spectrums on the market as well as one of the 1st XLTs & got the DFX about a year after they came out. I bought it in '02. At the time that the original Eagle Spectrum came out there wasn't a whole lot of info on it exept the owner's manual & Daryl's book.

I take spend a short time every time I go out detecting to experiment. I'm constanly evolving my programs for the condition in which I'm hunting at that time as well as in my test garden. Most of the changes are very subtle & many times I find that my original program is the best.

I had some really productive programs for the Spectrum & XLT that I was able to export to the DFX with some minor changes.

My situation was just the reverse of yours. I wanted the Eagle but couldn't afford it as I was just a poor soldier so I started witha 4900D.

desjim

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2008
Niceville, FL
Detector(s) used
Whtes Eagle II SL
Whites Prizm IV
Tekhnetics G2
Surfmaster II

TW, I'm a newbie here and I have an Eagle II SL 90 I would really appreciate getting any programs for it.

Happy with my Eagle

Jim

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Jim,

Here is the program I use. It has worked very well for me ;D

Here is the ring program for the Eagle II SL, created by Daryl J.R. Townley:

Edit Mode
To change the factory pre-programed accept/reject settings:
Turn power on, pull the trigger. You are now in the Edit mode.
Pressing the Edit Up pad increases the number, pressing the Edit Down pad decreases the number.
To accept a number, press Clear/Accept.
To reject a number, press Set/Reject.
We will only be dealing with the positive numbers 0-95.

0-8 reject
9-19 accept
20-24 reject
25-35 accept
36-37 reject
38-41 accept
42 reject
43-53 accept
54-56 reject
57-95 accept

* Pull trigger to get out of the Edit mode.

Advanced User Functions

To change the factory pre-programed settings:
With the power on, pull and hold the trigger while pressing the Edit pad. You are now in the Advanced User Functions Mode. To increase the number, press the Edit Up pad.
To decrease the number, press the Edit Down pad.
To change from one function to another, press the Volume Up pad to go to the next higher function or press the Volume Down pad to go to the next lower function.

1-01 SAT
2-01 BC
3-01 SEARCH SPEED
4-06 TRAC
5-20 METER SENS
6- (BLANK)
7-30 AC SENS
8-00 PROSPECT
9-01 AUTO TRAC

* Pull trigger to get out of the Edit mode.

Now you are ready to hunt!

Timberwolf

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks, T-wolf!

I just got a 1990.5 Eagle II SL in trade and I was looking for this sort of info. I'll give it a shot. Are there other programs? While Ive been detecting for years, Im sorta new at all this 'programming' stuff...

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used

Dahut,

I have several variations of the program I posted. If anyone would like to see them, I will post them. :)

TW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions