What's new

Thought this was an artifact but.....

NYI

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I thought this was a native artifact, but have been told it's most likely just a naturally occurring pc of rock. So at the risk of being another one of those newbies (me) that say "look what I found, what is it?!" while you guys roll your eyes, well, is this anything? Found in SW Ontario around a lake in a region known for native settlements. 3.5" long. Thanks for any input.

20150511_135453.webp

20150511_140210.webp

20150511_135652.webp

20150511_140130.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20150511_114306.webp
    20150511_114306.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
washing it would help. welcome
 
does have a hafted scraper look...but....

url
 
look at the second pic, looks like a piece of metal to me, have you checked it with a magnet or metal detector.
 
Magnet doesn't react but it seems to have a metallic like mineral quality to it.

20150511_194946_zpszv0pifp9.webp
 
It looks like black quartzite which they did use but lets see it over all clean all sides
 
Best I could do with a brush and water:

20150511_200301_zpspj0xtfdd.webp

20150511_200405_zps1bcmmqur.webp

20150511_200621_zpszu1op2z4.webp

20150511_200706_zpslf57xxyz.webp
 
I am thinking natural
 
Good job on the pics, NYI.
 
Ok, thanks for taking a look
 
:hello: Welcome!

Your item looks like a natural rock. Good luck in the future.
 
Thanks for the welcome and feedback. Strike one, but that's ok!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom