three amigos cache. bentons

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_0630.JPG DSC_0631.JPG DSC_0632.JPG DSC_0633.JPG DSC_0634.JPG DSC_0635.JPG DSC_0636.JPG DSC_0637.JPG DSC_0638.JPG DSC_0639.JPG DSC_0640.JPG DSC_0641.JPG

Hey everyone. just wanted to share my find from about two weeks ago. they were all stacked on the same rock, largest right at 6 inches. one side of each has a build up on them that does not wash off. i have been told to leave it. main reason i posted these guys up here is to motivate the seekers not to give up. never in my life did i think i would find something like this. leave no rock un-turned :) happy hunting *

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MosesOfTheSouth

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the banner votes everyone. I am still debating on trying to clean the build up off. every time that i look at them can't help but wonder what lies beneath.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are incredible, they must be a find of a lifetime!

OP
OP
MosesOfTheSouth

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are incredible, they must be a find of a lifetime!

Thanks :) they definitely are for me. I never thought I'd find something of that quality or size ( the largest is right at 6in the middle 5.5 smallest tiny bit under 5). Let alone three of them! They made all of the brutal treks in and out, sometimes in the pitch black, legs screaming and cramping worth it about a Million times over. I will treasure them until I die.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreeFrog digs shelters up their. The points he digs are heavily calcified almost to the point of not being recognizable. He uses a simple muriatic acid bath to clean his points. You can research his post on here. He liked to be able to see the workmanship and he did not sell his finds.
Nice Cache!

OP
OP
MosesOfTheSouth

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for digging up that video for me tnmountains. i am still debating cleaning them but that method looks like the way to go if i do decide to. i initially was going to but held off because of advice that doing so would be a negative. i would love to see the sides that are covered up, but i also don't want to ignore advice from people that have been collecting a lot longer than me.

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what's the current status of those beautiful points a year & 9 months after your original post? Did you decide to clean then? If you still have them, please post current photos.

Ps-- what a stunning find, one of the best I've ever seen on this forum. Congratulations again.

OP
OP
MosesOfTheSouth

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I have been working on a frame for them, keep changing it around though.
DSC_0009.JPG sorry for the picture quality, it's storming bad outside.
I never cleaned them, but i have experimented some with muriatic acid on other pieces that have similar concretion. the first left row third down was from the same location and completely covered before the bath.

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn dude. That would have made my whole................Lifetime right there. Completely insane find. A little late but Congratulations!!!

mn9000

Oct 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an awesome display. Looks like artifacts across many many thousands of years. So did you dig anything else out of that same area after finding the 3 amigos?

Also, can you tell us a little about the 3 peices of jewelry at the top of the display ?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnt clean them all points have 1 good side and 1 bad side to them if they are real old. The sides you have up look good enough and nice display.

OP
OP
MosesOfTheSouth

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to sat thanks to all ya'll.
yes all personal finds. three pieces at the top are two teeth i found at another spot, on different occasions, i think maybe bear, and and the metal ring is non ferrous. found with/ close to the cache. there is a little bit of everything in the case.. i'm not really sure if i will ever find something like it again. but i will never stop looking for the things that are hard to find. i haven't been out to the site in over a year but i'm thinking it's about time soon. multiple points in the frame came from there and others that are not pictured.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread